Sleepless Nights Support Thread

HELLO!! Not posted here before, i didnt know it existed!

I don't remember what sleep is anymore. This coming from someone who used to NEED 8 hours sleep a night! I look like death warmed up... Very attractive...

HELLO!! Not posted here before, i didnt know it existed!

I don't remember what sleep is anymore. This coming from someone who used to NEED 8 hours sleep a night! I look like death warmed up... Very attractive...

Welcome. I hope your stay here is short. I used to need 9-10 hours of sleep, so I can totally relate.

I used to need 10-12!! Seriously....sigh!

Welcome and hope you don't stay here too long lol ;)

I'm feeling so rubbish! I have the flu :( i just wanna go to bed but LO is ill too and he has only just fell asleep ten mins ago so i dont want to disturb him :(

Hi Girls x

Seity - I really feel for you huni, working on hardly any sleep is so hard x sometimes I find myself struggling to keep my eyes open at my desk.

Finley is almost 14 months, so feel like I kinda dont belong in here anymore but cant seem to tear myself away, hope you girls dont mind x

Finley's 4th tooth has been coming through so not been sleeping that great but only waking at the most 4 times & going straight back sleep, I can handle that but its nights like last night that I just cant cope with x
I came to bed about 11pm (was watching misfits) and Finley woke at about 3am went in gave him his dummy he went back sleep for about 5 minutes woke up again standing at his cot so I picked him up & laid him with me on his chair, he fell back sleep, put him down in his cot & got back in bed, 15-20 minutes later he was up again crying, throwing his dummy out of the cot so went in laid him down & gave him his dummy, got back in bed, maybe an hour later he woke again, standing up & threw his dummy, laid him on me for a bit then laid him back in his cot about 4.30am & he finally slept until 6.45am but I'm exhausted x I just wish i knew why he was waking up so much, i thought it was because of him losing his dummy, but when he woke up the last time he still had his dummy in so cant be that x

Top on my christmas list this year is for Finley to sleep through the night all the time (not just here & there) I'd give up all my pressies for that x

I'm so desperate. he was up every 45 min last night and he's been doing it for 3 nights. I'm so freaking exhausted, I yell at OH and I'm about to yell at Alex. I have to restrain myself. I'm just so tired. I don't think I'm being greedy for just wanting a 2-3 hour stretch at almost 7 months!?!?!

I see girls complain that their 3 or 4 month olds "OMMGG is waking up once now wtf do I do???" and wanna scream.

:hugs: aliss - I completely understand. I've had a few times where Gabriel would be up every hour at night for a whole week. I chalk it up to growth spurts. Exhausting as all hell, especially when you know that when the sleep 'improves' again it's not going to be much better. I don't think it's too much to ask for one 3 hour block of sleep a night once they're past 6 months.

Why have I never seen this thread before?!?!?! Maybe it's because I can't see properly through the haze of tiredness???
LO was a horror last night. She had been doing so well up until the last few days, now I feel my luck has run out.....

aww aliss thats awfull poor you. last night i cant beleive it but charlie slept really well. he went to bed at 8pm and didnt wake till 3.30! woweeee! then we fed him and he went back to sleep till 8am!
typicaly though i am really ill with flu, and spent the night shivering, and coughing on the sofa all night, so didnt get any sleep anyway!
both me and oh slept in the living room lastnight, and im wondering if this was why charlie slept better. we only have a 1 bed flat, and i often worry that we disturb charlie during the night.
we have taken to co sleeping a bit too, as we have spent too many nights being up for hours trying to get lo to go back to sleep in the cot, and he does sleep much better with us. its not something i ever wanted to get into the habbit of doing, but we are so tierd that we just want some sleep!

:hugs: aliss - I completely understand. I've had a few times where Gabriel would be up every hour at night for a whole week. I chalk it up to growth spurts. Exhausting as all hell, especially when you know that when the sleep 'improves' again it's not going to be much better. I don't think it's too much to ask for one 3 hour block of sleep a night once they're past 6 months.

Thanks, at least I know you'll always understand (unfortunately)!!!

last night was a bit better. Bed at 6:45, up at 7:45 (I'm still up so it doesn't count, lol), then sleep till 12 (that was amazing), then 1230,1,115,130,145 ... etc until about 330, up every 15 min.

I'm not sure what's going on, it must be some kind of growth spurt because it was very sudden and it's not teething.

Gabriel and Alex need to take tips from some other babies around here

stevie123- How typical, baby finally starts to get some rest and YOU can't sleep soundly!! Ugh!! :hugs:

Ooh can I join? I feel like I am permanently hangover even though I haven't drank any alcohol for ten years!
My lo is keeping me and oh up! To me it is the settling down to sleep that is the issue. He is so noisy, hooting loudly as he tries to get to sleep... Then having to pick him up constantly when he starts to scream.... He likes to be awake till midnight ish then two hourly...
My hubs works shifts too. He does 4 nights in row once a month then blocks of two days or three nights. Always 7 till 7..... Nightmare x

We had a good night! About 6 wakings but 2 of those, he self settled without us getting out of bed! A step forward :)

So not getting any sleep tonight!
Jayden still not too well with the flu, but mainly just the cough/cold lingering on.
He will not stop coughing/choking/wanting a dummy!
seriously who invented dummy's?!!! x

Yay aliss!
I've been afraid to say anything in case I jinx it, but the last 3 nights Gabriel has only been waking twice a night between 9pm bedtime and 6am wakeup.
We're currently traveling, so next few nights we'll be in a hotel, so no idea how well we'll do, but I'm hoping for it to continue.

Well, it wasn't as good as only 2 wakings, but it wasn't as bad as every 2 hours, so I'll count last night as a win.

i've had an awful few nights with teething, he seems to be better today but no doubt he will wake at some silly time and it will be too cold for me to contantly go dummy hunting so he comes in my bed, i dont even remember him coming in last night but i woke up and he was there !

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->