Sleepless Nights Support Thread

Can i join this thread! Chloe has always been a bit of a nightmare at night, not so much crying, just sleeping for an hour then deciding its playtime for 2 hours or so! She teased me a few weeks ago and slept from 7pm to 7:30am but in the rest of her 7 months ive been getting by on about 3/4 hours sleep a night. She's just one of those babies that doesnt seem to want or need sleep lol! x

My daughter has been doing that too since I've been pregnant :|
she wakes up every 2/3 hrs eats goes back to sleep than gets up an hr later and plays for about 2/3 hrs at like 2 am

Hi ladies! I LOVE BNB! And LOVE gthis new foudn forum! Although I have no real 'questions' at this moment, it just feels so reassuring to know I am not alone on this crazy(but awesome) journey they call motherhood:)
Sending a big sleepy good morning/afternoon/evening/ good night to all you other sleepless ladies out there!

hello! been so long since i've been on BNB - cos I'm too tired! My little boy is now almost 9 months. In 9 months I've had 1 full night of sleep - because he slept over at nanna's. I've lost count of how many times I get up at night either to feed, put the dummy in or whatever. Then there's his sister. She was a great sleeper but has a habit of coming in to us every night now too! At least she goes back to sleep once she's in our bed.

I'm tired, but I see their little smiling faces in the morning and how can I be mad? I just tell myself that it won't be like this forever and I'm so lucky to have such beautiful babies. I think I'm coping quite well with the lack of sleep and luckily only work 3 days a week so can push through it.

Sorry - nothing to add to this thread really, but it makes me feel so much better to realise that I'm not the only one who is tired!!!

I have a 4 day old so I am new to sleep deprivation. My son is eating every two hours. Its not easy!

Well for the first time in months LO decided to wake at 4.30 as he wanted to chat and play; its 2.5 hours later and he is showing no sign of slowing down :(

I think I need to join this thread. Its 5 am and so far I got only 1 hr of sleep. This isn't the first time though. The first 2 nights after she was born i'd say I got NO sleep and only recently did i find the time to start up my writing again. Just had to finish a chapter but just as I was turning in for the night DD decided she was hungry and then my leg started feeling sore from exercise earlier. Hope to get some z's later

Thought I'd start another one of these off as I thought it's a good idea to have somewhere where we can all share advice and problems about our LO's sleeping habits as the other one got a bit out of hand.

Anybody is welcome to have an input. If your LO does sleep through the night and you have any advice for us poor mummy's who don't get much sleep that would be much appreciated!

Grace had a couple of nights where she slept SO well I thought I'd finally cracked it. Since 10 o clock till 9.15 this morning she woke 6 times, bearing in mind that she wakes for an average of half an hour before going back to sleep. I am SHATTERED :(

ava she is 10 month hardly sleeps in the day and is none stop till 9pm i have tried routine and still wakes 5.00am every day

The last two nights Louis has come up to bed with us at midnight. He's teething and won't settle whatsoever and ends up coming in with me and OH gets booted out of bed - I'm knackered. He was just starting to settle a bit more at night and then he has his jabs and starts teething and it's all gone to bollocks, lol! Who has these babies that STTN???!! I don't expect him to sleep for 10 hour stretches as would be worried he'd be thirsty/hungry but 6 hours would be soooooo nice :shrug:

LO slept 7 hours last night STRAIGHT!!! Wondered what had hit me when he woke up and it was daylight (5:30am) normally gets up for the day around 1am. First time ever!

Tonight however is a different story, he has only slept under a hour since going to sleep at 7pm! LOL

my little angel has turned into some anti-sleep demon!
he was sttn, going down at 7pm, dreamfeed at 10.30-11, and waking up at 5-6 am. the last few nights have been horrendous, and last night was ridiculous. i was constantly in there putting his dummy in, and as soon as i went back to bed and closed my eyes he woke up again :cry: i'm an absolute zombie because at 4.50 his just cried and cried, had no interest in his dummy, i changed his bum, made sure he wasn't hot/cold, refused a bottle... so i picked him up, stumbled into the living room and held him whilst watching telly. he slept until 7ish in my arms.

i have no idea what he wants at night - daytimes are a dream but i dread putting him to bed. i'd go and make coffee but i no longer trust myself ith boiling water, i've already fallen over twice :dohh:

im back aswell,i feel like death this morning! oscars been waking 3 - 4 times a night again and dans at his parents for the weekend this morning i got so frustrated with him :( wghy cant he just sleep like other babys??? :( :(

I'm joining too.

He's never been a good sleeper and we never expect him to sleep through but he's currently up every 45mins to an hour with no sleep from around 5am.

A monster to get to sleep too.

We need help desperately now. I find myself really hating people who complain at having to get up to feed ONCE in the night. Oh it must be SO HARD for you! *not bitter* :)

been up since 2.15am partying with my little girl...fun times. NOT!! I am EXHAUSTED! she's never STTN but has had good stretches when she was new (5/6 hours) now she's got into a pattern of waking every 2 hours and its' horrendous. Last night was the cherry on top though!
zzzzzzz

It's been awhile since I've been here but had to come rejoin the thread.

My wonderful 11pm-8am sleeper is no more. She is a screamin' demon whom I know not. The last two weeks have been horrible, she refuses to sleep. Days are ok but night time? Forget it. 3:47am here and she's been up since 1230ish. She isn't hungry, freshly changed, tried rocking, tried tv, tried the swing, trying to just lay her in her bed and settle herself but nothing is working. She keeps wanting to do this sitting up with her elbows, annoying thing.

*rips hair out* So tired!!

Is this that sleep regression thing?!

From 10 weeks old Ollie slept through. Lately he has been waking up. He just wants cuddled/rocked back to sleep! But it happens the whole time. :( :coffee:

Oh my days I'm soo tired. Lo normally sleeps from 6 till 5 which I can deal with but since hes been bad he's waking earlier and earlier. First night he woke at 4:30 second 4 and today he woke at 12 went back down till 3 (waking his 4 year old sister). Went back to sleep in our bed at 4 now awake for the day at 5.

My LO doesn't sleep at night, I mean literally no sleep at night.
She doesn't sleep in the day either.

She has to sleep sometime surely???

calprofen is great, my lo is 9 months old and were on tooth number 6 at the moment....its a nightmare when shes teething, which sincee being 3 months old its all shes done, i bath her at 6, 5ml of calprofen and a nice bottle of milk before bed at 7 tends to help her to settle and sleep till 12 ish then i give her bongela when she wakes in the night, hope this helps a little.....good luck and try and stay posotive x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->