Sleepless Nights Support Thread

just a thought, but sometimes if u let baby fall into a deep sleep in your arms, when u put them down they can wake up completly confused as its a new environment to the one they fell asleep in hence why the scream. you could always try settling her and just as shes falling asleep place her in her cot? works a treat with my boy. i also settle him with a dummy and then take it out before he completly falls asleep. iv also shuved a top of mine next to him so he thinks im still close. x

tonight iv just tried a whole new game for us bath, bottle and bed. he is now asleep for the first time in his cot(was in moses basket downstairs with us) i got one of those video monitors its the best thing i have ever bought in my life!!! i can now wash up and make noise whilst doing cause i can see kazer sleeping blissfully in his cot. i also put a sleeping bag on him instaed of blankets cause im to paranoid of him pulling blankets over his head. and he just woke tried to kick and fuss then nodded back off cause the sleeping bag din give him much room for munovure. if this works i will be amazed but fingers crossed.....

It's so hot! I am sitting feeding Heidi and i'm sweating - its 1am!

I have a 4 day old so I am new to sleep deprivation. My son is eating every two hours. Its not easy!

you can say that again! It does get better x :hugs:

Does it??? I'm still waiting :cry:

Im re-joining this thread. I last posted in here in about March time but i can tell you, since that post nothing has changed. My son is now 13 months old and still wont sleep through at all. I have tried everything. I have tried stuffing him full, i have tried keeping him awake longer letting him sleep less in the day, i have tried bathing immediately before supper and milk you name it. Nothing works. He usually goes down between 8 and 9 and sometimes he will stir at 11 maybe go til 1am and have a cry, doesnt usually settle himself back down, then he wakes between 3 and 4am, if 4am i give him his milk (he drinks it himself now from a beaker) if i dont give him it he wont go back to sleep and will be unsettled til 7ish and will then zonk out which is no good coz thats time to get up to take eldest to school. Occasionally he wont wake til 4/5am and will drink what he wants of his milk and will roll over and go back down. But its so few and far between its no use to me at all, im totally exhausted!! I have just had to go settle him now too... he went down at 8.30 tonight.
He has cereal for breakfast, pasta or a sandwich and a yoghurt for dinner, a small snack in between that and tea, has what we have for tea followed by some kind of desert, yoghurt or something like and porridge for supper with his milk. He isnt fat and his meals arent huge portions coz he wont eat them hence adding the porridge for supper. I just dont know what to do. Im beginning to wonder if its coz he still shares my bedroom??? Whats the chances that these disturbed nights will resolve when i get out of this flat and he gets his own bedroom??

God help me im knackered lol

xxx

Hi all

I am new to baby club, it is 3:45am and just thought it would make me feel better to know other people are awake at this hour!!

When LO wakes in the night it usually takes me an hour to feed and resettle him - is this normal?

Lou x

It takes me an hour, I feed on one boob, check/change nappy, feed on other boob, settle then HOPEFULLY sleep

just to update it did work third night tonight. i have put him to bed at 8 wakes for feed at 1 and 5 then up again at 8. wooooooo hope this is his routine!

Anyone else's baby have a set waking up time in the morning - regardless of what times they wake in the night? Heidi tends to feed around 9pm, then 3am, and then will always wake at 6.30/7am. She then likes to get up properly and stay awake for a few hours. Its a little earlier than i'd like, but i can't complain when she is getting such good sleep in the night :) x

Faith woke up 4 times last night, first time ever - I was not happy! Lol

Anyone else's baby have a set waking up time in the morning - regardless of what times they wake in the night? Heidi tends to feed around 9pm, then 3am, and then will always wake at 6.30/7am. She then likes to get up properly and stay awake for a few hours. Its a little earlier than i'd like, but i can't complain when she is getting such good sleep in the night :) x

Yes! Almost exact wake times too, except the odd night where she also wakes up at 1 am... Last night being one of them! But she is always up 545-6ish & I talk her into one more hour! But by 7 she is wide awake & ready to play lol

Can I use this thread to rant about sleepless nights caused by my OH?!? he snores sooo loudly it drives me crazy and when I try to shift him or wake him he acts like it's my bloody problem.

Tonight my LO stirred (co-sleeping at the mo as she has a cold and couldn't settle on her own) at around 3am ish so I woke to feed her. Was drifting off when he started snoring. Couldn't sleep. Suddenly he woke up and went to the loo so I used that as a chance to get up too as was trapped in the middle! Had a drink and we came back to bed but I was awake by that point so decided to look at my iPhone till I felt sleepy again. Of course by that point he's unconscious again and snoring away. Now it's 4.30am and I'm STILL awake.

I tried to get him to roll onto his side but he was all sleepy indignant with me and told me the reason I couldn't sleep was because I'd been looking at my phone. Don't think so, you noisy bugger!! He said "ok you go to sleep first then" (as if it's that easy) but was unconscious and snoring again within seconds. Aaaaaaaaargh!!!!

Can I use this thread to rant about sleepless nights caused by my OH?!? he snores sooo loudly it drives me crazy and when I try to shift him or wake him he acts like it's my bloody problem.

Tonight my LO stirred (co-sleeping at the mo as she has a cold and couldn't settle on her own) at around 3am ish so I woke to feed her. Was drifting off when he started snoring. Couldn't sleep. Suddenly he woke up and went to the loo so I used that as a chance to get up too as was trapped in the middle! Had a drink and we came back to bed but I was awake by that point so decided to look at my iPhone till I felt sleepy again. Of course by that point he's unconscious again and snoring away. Now it's 4.30am and I'm STILL awake.

I tried to get him to roll onto his side but he was all sleepy indignant with me and told me the reason I couldn't sleep was because I'd been looking at my phone. Don't think so, you noisy bugger!! He said "ok you go to sleep first then" (as if it's that easy) but was unconscious and snoring again within seconds. Aaaaaaaaargh!!!!

lmao this is wy LO is now in his own room, between OH and LOs snorting and grunting I was getting so little sleep! 2 weeks ago I said one of you is going in the other room so pick! :haha:
My OH falls asleep within seconds but i take forever. I end up nearly shoving im off the bed when his snoring is really bad, sod him as Im up with LO all day!

Hi all

I am new to baby club, it is 3:45am and just thought it would make me feel better to know other people are awake at this hour!!

When LO wakes in the night it usually takes me an hour to feed and resettle him - is this normal?

Lou x

It takes me an hour, I feed on one boob, check/change nappy, feed on other boob, settle then HOPEFULLY sleep

That makes me feel better! I usually sit here looking at my phone thinking I should be able to settle him quicker but if I do he doesn't sleep properly!

Bad night tonight - he seems to be extra hungry and has added an extra feed :-(

I feel your pain, partners of snorers! Last night I could hear him from the spare room (I was in there, not him, as it's not his problem).

I have a 4 day old so I am new to sleep deprivation. My son is eating every two hours. Its not easy!

you can say that again! It does get better x :hugs:

Does it??? I'm still waiting :cry:

Im re-joining this thread. I last posted in here in about March time but i can tell you, since that post nothing has changed. My son is now 13 months old and still wont sleep through at all. I have tried everything. I have tried stuffing him full, i have tried keeping him awake longer letting him sleep less in the day, i have tried bathing immediately before supper and milk you name it. Nothing works. He usually goes down between 8 and 9 and sometimes he will stir at 11 maybe go til 1am and have a cry, doesnt usually settle himself back down, then he wakes between 3 and 4am, if 4am i give him his milk (he drinks it himself now from a beaker) if i dont give him it he wont go back to sleep and will be unsettled til 7ish and will then zonk out which is no good coz thats time to get up to take eldest to school. Occasionally he wont wake til 4/5am and will drink what he wants of his milk and will roll over and go back down. But its so few and far between its no use to me at all, im totally exhausted!! I have just had to go settle him now too... he went down at 8.30 tonight.
He has cereal for breakfast, pasta or a sandwich and a yoghurt for dinner, a small snack in between that and tea, has what we have for tea followed by some kind of desert, yoghurt or something like and porridge for supper with his milk. He isnt fat and his meals arent huge portions coz he wont eat them hence adding the porridge for supper. I just dont know what to do. Im beginning to wonder if its coz he still shares my bedroom??? Whats the chances that these disturbed nights will resolve when i get out of this flat and he gets his own bedroom??

God help me im knackered lol

xxx

You poor thing!

Yes, my litle girl immediately improved her sleep in her own room. But at 13 months, could it now be teething or something? Thought there were some big molars at that age.

Hi - looking for tips/advice

My son is a great sleeper up until 5am - he goes to bed at 7pm, sleeps til 11pm then I wake him to feed or I dreamfeed him then he goes to 4am and feeds but after that feed he wil toss and turn for a while then sleep til 5/5.30am and then it's a crying match til 7am - he's tired but he fights it. I Pick him up, put him down, pick him up, put him down, swaddle, unswaddle, etc etc and he just won't sleep - why is this happening - he doest get too much sleep in the day I don't think.

Any tips or advice?

My DH is a snorer too - I didn't get to sleep till 3am till LO fed then she woke at just Before 7 and I'm just trying to get her back off for a nap now. I'm proper shattered. His snoring is so loud. It wakes her when I'm trying to settle her. I'm @ the end of my tether and need some sleep soon as I feel like it's making me be a bad mum and it's not my fault :( I'm grouchy and he wonders why!! Lol.

Xx

I've came into this thread and have reminded myself I'm going to be doing this all again! Think this will be one of my favourite posts one LO is born, hehe..

I haven't been in this thread for ages as i was accepting the fact i have a crap sleeper on my hands, but lately its ridiculous! J goes to bed around 8pm, by 11pm he is up, and i mean up for the day, i mean how is it possible for a 1 year old to survive on 3 f'ing hours a night? I must sounds awful but... ARGHHH

I haven't been in this thread for ages as i was accepting the fact i have a crap sleeper on my hands, but lately its ridiculous! J goes to bed around 8pm, by 11pm he is up, and i mean up for the day, i mean how is it possible for a 1 year old to survive on 3 f'ing hours a night? I must sounds awful but... ARGHHH

i share your pain! My LO went down at 7:30 last night and was up and playing at 10pm!! I had just got into bed as well... I managed to get him back off by 11:30 but he was really unsettled for the rest of the night, and point blank refused to sleep in his cot :(

and OH thought it appropriate to call me 5 times at 3am!! Idiot

My nights consist of Olivier bed time at 9pm up at 11, then up at 1,3,5am ughhh im soo tired lol and all this because of teething or him taking out his dummy

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->