Sleepovers

Babybear85

Mummy to Joshua
Reaction score
My little boy is 4 and just started foundation hes made firm friwnds with a little boy who has invited him for a sleepover for his birthday. How would u feel about this hes a good sleeper but he will often wake for a wee and i dont know how hed be looking for thw toilet in someone elses house wether or not hed have an accident because hes afraid to ask in the night etc am i just worrying iver nothing

I personally wouldn't be happy at that age, like you said for the toilet etc I know my son wouldn't ask.My eldest son is 5 and I don't know any of his friends going to sleepovers yet.

I wouldn't feel comfortable at that age although I don't know if that's just me and my anxiety though. My daughter occasionally sleeps at her grandparents house which I am completely comfortable with and she has a great time but I wouldn't let her stay anywhere else just yet.

Im the same i should add i do know the family but still he doeant takw himeslf here he shouta to us in the night im not sure if ita right to expect them to take him or how comfortable the reality of it would be u know its all very well explaining it to a 4 year old but the reality when ur not there is totally different. Bless him his mum did say i dont know where he got the idea from and i did tell him most would still be too young. Thanks for thw replys i disnt know if i was just been an anxious mummy

My eldest only went for her first sleepover when she was 8! And even then out of 9 girls only 4 stayed over!!

My eldest has had sleepovers at 2 of her friends houses (has done since 4.5ish) Both of these girls have also had sleepovers here.
She absolutely loves it, both when she sleeps at her friends houses and when her friends stay here. I know both mums quite well though. My daughter even went to stay at the caravan in berwick with her friend (we are in central scotland) for 2 nights and she had a blast!

I think 4 is a little young.

Unless it was family I'd say no at that age. My son is 3 so obviously younger and he does stay with family regularly and his cousins stay here but I wouldn't trust anyone else.

Could he go for pj party ie go in his pj's and come home at bed time

No definitely not. For the simple reason I want my son here at bed time. They're too young. My son goes to bed at 7 so it wouldn't be much of a sleep over!

No way, 4 is way too young! I don't remember how old I was when I started going to sleepovers but I would imagine it wasn't before 8 or 9. I definitely remember doing them at 10.

Most four year olds still need their parents at bedtime and for nightmares and wees in the night. They are so little! Plus, like PP said, they go to bed so early it's not much of a sleepover.

DS1 is almost 4 and he only rarely stays with grandparents.

My son was invited to one last Friday aswell as another little boy - I know the mums of both boys the other mum said no straight away and I left it a few days then just said he can stay as long as he wants to but he won't sleep over, I asked him just to find out and he said no he didn't want to so that was easy decision for me. As it was his friend got picked up at 7 and he asked to go home at the same time. My daughter aged 7.5 has just had her first sleepover for her friends birthday and she was crying that she really wanted to go but would miss us! Maybe ask him and see what he says but I think its abit too young x

I don't think I was allowed sleepovers until secondary school! 4 is much much toonyoung, he would not be allowed to go and I'm not sure he would want to once he knew I wouldn't be there.

That's way too young, IMO, unless they are family or unless you are going, too.

my 3yr old went for a sleepover last night. My eldest went too (My friend has two girls the same age as mine) She has never slept anywhere without me or her dad before but she absolutely loved it. I wasn't going to let her stay but she was desperate and I felt bad because she always asks.

I think you know yourself if your child will enjoy it, I don't see why 4/5 is too young at all if you and your child are both okay with it. I have the 5yr old at mine tonight too. Again, they have a blast. We did face painting after dinner, they all had a bath together, watched a dvd with munchies and then all went to bed at 8pm (they are topping and tailing, even my youngest is in on the action!)

With family or close friends I would be OK with it.

My 4 year old slept over at one of her friends houses. She lives roubd the corner so not far away. She was absolutely fine and loved it.
Me on the other hand did not like it in a quiet house and waking up without her here was not nice.
My child does not wake in the night and sleeps really well plus she is really confident and independent so i knew she would be fine. Only you know your own child. You can only see how it goes as you wont know if you dont try

My LO would happily sleep at a friends house but I'm not so happy. nothing against anyone but i have a very small list of people I trust to look after LO. she has sleepovers (because I work nights over the weekends) at my mums and at my close friends who has a boy the same age as my daughter and they've been friends since they were babies. She loves them but is always glad to come home

I'd be okay with family but that's pretty much it. I don't really see the need for sleepovers TBH. I know they're fun, but if I didn't know the parents well (meaning bffs/family), there's no way I'd let them.

Everyone's different tho, and obvs some parents are okay with them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->