~~> Slimming World Diet Support Thread 2011 <~~ (Part 2!)

Good luck to u too :)

Im also tryin to get my BMI below 30 before i start my 1st round of IVF. I think i will be starting around Mar/Apr time :) xx

Hey ladies heres to a good loss this week for us all so far zo good for me!

Hi girls!

Well today is the start of a new week. I've weighed in at 151.5lbs, so have updated my ticker. I've lost half of the baby weight which is good to see, shame it's taken me nearly 2 years to do it :dohh:

Plan today is:
B: Apple, grapes
L: Jacket with beans and salad
D: Cottage pie with veg
Snacks: Apple, satsumas and FF activia
HEs: milk in coffee and cheese in cottage pie (2As as I'm still BF). Haven't decided on a B yet, need to go shopping and get some Alpens or crispbreads or something.
Syns: Prob 7 from Bisto gravy

Have a good day everyone :flower:

Hi girls, I have been good today aside from 12 syns but at least im within allowence :)

Breakfast- 2 weetabix with semi skimmed milk (hea an heb). Coffee.

Dinner- Rice with chicken, spinach and home made chilli tomato sauce.

Tea- half a cauli with macaroni cheese pasta n sauce(1 syn), mullerlight coconut an choc yogurt. Red grapes.

Snacks- 55g bag of sour skittles(damn the vending machine in work! lol) apple and banana.

Supper- Slices of cold ham.

For work tomorrow i am taking chicken an mushroom pasta n sauce and im adding my own chicken an mushrooms for extra flavour and a onion :) I am sooo going to try my best this wk. Got weighed today and im 16.6 so not happy at all! want to lose 4lb at least this wk xxx

Well it was as bad as I thought, 8lb on in 3 weeks but I have been exceptionally bad!!! On an up note I won the meeting raffle and bagged myself a hand blender woo hoo! I've no idea what I would use it for though :haha:, any ideas?

Mine gets used makin tons of soup :)

Didnt manage to weigh myself at my mums last night :( Might try and pop into the gym tomorrow and weigh myself. I have an FS appointment next week so might wait until then.

Not had the best of days today but not overly bad. Had a small piece of ginger cake at the inlaws and a few quality streets but i have been so good this week i think im safe to count those in my flexible syns xx

Well done MNORBURY! I'd make soups with it too. Or healthy smoothies? Fat free yog with bananas, kiwis etc?

Plan for today is:
B: Apple, grapes
L: Leftover cottage pie
D: Chicken curry (from the freezer, made a few weeks ago. No idea on syns, so guessing 5 for the sauce, pretty sure it was less than 200 cals per portion), rice
S: orange, FF activia
HEs: milk in coffee, cheese on cottage pie

Hey ladies I just did Day 1 on Coach to 5k run challenge and have lived off stew today and even refused pizza at a mates :dohh:
I had better lose 1 this week :grr:

Hi everyone :hi:

its good to see things getting busier in here :happydance: welcome Amy-Lea & all the other new posters

sorry I havent been around - my broadband has been off for almost a week & I was getting serious withdrawal!! :rofl:

have had a pretty rubbish week tbh :dohh: so not looking forward to WI tomorrow :argh: but will just have to deal with whatever it brings & move on...

we're going out for an Indian on friday :shock: so that will DEFO have to be a flexi-syn day & i'll have to try and keep them to an absolute minimum for the rest of the week to compensate

well done jms :thumbup:

good luck with the FS app Lisa :dust: xx

Hi ladies, been a while since i have been in here! LO is 9 weeks old now and started back at group today, have lost my baby weight but still want to shift another 1 stone 11lb

Im a bit confused as to how many extra HE i can have when BF though, i thought when i was BF Amy it was only 1 extra but when I have googled it seems to be 4 additional HE...but that cant be right, surely? :shrug: That would be 6 a day on EE :wacko: plus it says to use the full 15 syns...I'd never lose weight! xx

hi hun

it goes on the age of your LO - I have 1 extra but my LO is obviously a lot older...

hang on... i'll try & dig the leaflet out that I got given & check for you xx

hi hun

it goes on the age of your LO - I have 1 extra but my LO is obviously a lot older...

hang on... i'll try & dig the leaflet out that I got given & check for you xx

Thank You! xx

here you go hun

Extra Daily Allowances for breast-feeding mums
Baby&#8217;s age
You can enjoy additional Healthy Extras on top of your usual 2a and 2b choices.
We recommend that one or preferably two of these additional choices are made from the milk and cheese section.
Up to 2 months
2 to 3 months
4 to 6 months if starting to wean
4 to 6 months if breast milk is the only source of nutrient for your baby
Over 6 months when weaning

We also recommend you enjoy the full 15 Syns a day.
Calcium
The recommended daily intake of calcium for breastfeeding mums increases from 700mg to 1,250mg per day so we advise you to make at least one and preferably two of your additional selections from the Healthy Extra milk and cheese options, which are rich in calcium. The following table lists good dietary sources of calcium, providing you with plenty of healthy ways in which to increase your calcium intake:

Calcium rich Healthy Extras
Calcium rich Free Food
Milk and cheese selections in the healthy Extras section of Food Optimising all contain high levels of calcium. The exact amounts are as follows:There are also a number of Free Foods within Food Optimising that contain calcium. These include:350ml skimmed milk
420mg100g very low fat natural/ flavoured yogurt130mg250ml semi-skimmed milk300mg100g very low fat natural/ flavoured fromage frais90mg175ml whole milk200mg100g quark120mg200ml goat&#8217;s milk200mg
100g very low fat cottage cheese75mg250ml calcium enriched soya milk350mg100g sardines, canned in tomato sauce430mg28g Cheddar200mg100g pilchards, canned in tomato sauce250mg28g Edam220ml100g spinach170mg28g Emmental270mg100g purple sprouting broccoli200mg28g Gouda210mg100g curly kale150mg28g Parmesan340mg100g okra160mg42g Mozzarella250mg100g amaranth leaves220mg42g reduced fat Cheddar350mg 42g reduced fat Cheshire270mg
Please note &#8211; whilst you are breastfeeding and require extra Healthy Extras you will be able to add additional &#8216;a&#8217; and &#8216;b&#8217; choices to the online food diary. Let us know that you are breastfeeding by checking the box on your update details page. Don&#8217;t forget to uncheck the box when you&#8217;re no longer breastfeeding and are back to the regular amount of Healthy Extras.

so it looks like you were right & will need to have 5 HEAs per day

try having cups of milky coffee :thumbup: thats how I use mine

I know it sounds like a lot but your body obviously needs the extra calcium so you will still lose weight hun xx

Blimey, well thats suprised me! :thumbup: Thanks alot for that, much appreciated xx

Hi ladies.

I have been crap today as feeling so nervous about getting AMH results tomorrow that iv been comfort eating. Had maccys brekky an then before i had a bar of choc...
This result tomorrow will tell us if i have any eggs left to have another cycle of IVF and im terrified of result.

Hope everyone is doing well xxx

here you go hun

Extra Daily Allowances for breast-feeding mums
Baby’s age
You can enjoy additional Healthy Extras on top of your usual 2a and 2b choices.
We recommend that one or preferably two of these additional choices are made from the milk and cheese section.
Up to 2 months
2 to 3 months
4 to 6 months if starting to wean
4 to 6 months if breast milk is the only source of nutrient for your baby
Over 6 months when weaning

We also recommend you enjoy the full 15 Syns a day.
Calcium
The recommended daily intake of calcium for breastfeeding mums increases from 700mg to 1,250mg per day so we advise you to make at least one and preferably two of your additional selections from the Healthy Extra milk and cheese options, which are rich in calcium. The following table lists good dietary sources of calcium, providing you with plenty of healthy ways in which to increase your calcium intake:

Calcium rich Healthy Extras
Calcium rich Free Food
Milk and cheese selections in the healthy Extras section of Food Optimising all contain high levels of calcium. The exact amounts are as follows:There are also a number of Free Foods within Food Optimising that contain calcium. These include:350ml skimmed milk
420mg100g very low fat natural/ flavoured yogurt130mg250ml semi-skimmed milk300mg100g very low fat natural/ flavoured fromage frais90mg175ml whole milk200mg100g quark120mg200ml goat’s milk200mg
100g very low fat cottage cheese75mg250ml calcium enriched soya milk350mg100g sardines, canned in tomato sauce430mg28g Cheddar200mg100g pilchards, canned in tomato sauce250mg28g Edam220ml100g spinach170mg28g Emmental270mg100g purple sprouting broccoli200mg28g Gouda210mg100g curly kale150mg28g Parmesan340mg100g okra160mg42g Mozzarella250mg100g amaranth leaves220mg42g reduced fat Cheddar350mg 42g reduced fat Cheshire270mg
Please note – whilst you are breastfeeding and require extra Healthy Extras you will be able to add additional ‘a’ and ‘b’ choices to the online food diary. Let us know that you are breastfeeding by checking the box on your update details page. Don’t forget to uncheck the box when you’re no longer breastfeeding and are back to the regular amount of Healthy Extras.

thanks for that i didn't realise it was so much i had added extra one i'll have to add more now and have been having all 15 syns and am loosing x

Loraloo i had mostly green days so had 8 HEs a day and 15 syns i still lost every week. have lots of milk and cheese.

weigh in for me tonight i better lose! more jogging too. if i dobt lose am gonna cut the syns to 10 from 15 and maybe lose the additional hex a i still give myself for bf alex at night. but oh god will i miss it! :-(

Good luck with your appointment africa xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->