~~> Slimming World Diet Support Thread 2011 <~~ (Part 2!)

Hi ladies,

Hope you don't mind me crashing :flower: I have been doing Weight Watchers for a while and starting to get a bit fed up with it so I am planning to start SW this week. I have managed to lose just under 2 stone on WW since March but I want to lose another 21lbs ish before my wedding in June and I am hoping a new diet plan will spur me on and stop me falling off the wagon.

For those of you who have done both diets, what would you say the main benefits to SW are compared to WW. The thing that seems to keep cropping up is that you never feel hungry which seems to be my problem atm :wacko:

x

Hi Leash :hi: i have never done WW but i think SW is fab and when im doing it i never get hungry coz there is soo many free foods to munch on :)

Good luck hun xxx

Hi Lisa :thumbup:

How long have you been doing SW? Is it easy to follow? I am worried I have done WW for so long I am just brain washed with pro points lol!

If you don't mind me asking, how much have you lost so far?

x

Well i've been doing again for a grand total of 2 days but i have previously done it and lost 2 stone plus.

I think it is easy to follow because i have been doing it on and off for so long. I went for SW over WW originally because i couldn't be bothered having to weigh everything and would rather just know that something is a free food so i can have as much of it as i want. I have never been to WW though so i can't really give you an informed opinion on which one is best xxx

Its the weighing stuff and portion control that I think is my problem really. If I let my OH cook I end up with a plate mounded with too much food and me being me, I end up eating it. I have also got to the stage where I guess the points value of pasta/potatoes instead of weighing them coz quite frankly, I cannot be bothered lol. I have a feeling I am under estimating too. I also find that because WW let you eat any kind of food you want, it gives me too much scope to eat the wrong things and fall off the wagon.

I have got my WW class today so I think I am going to go and get weighed and then look for a SW class after my hols next week.

x

I think i like SW so much because i am such a carb girl so to not have to weigh pasta/potatoes etc is fab and i can have as much as i want :) xxx

I think I am going to give it a go, if it doesn't work out I suppose I can always go back to WW.

I have just been looking at some of the SW 7 day menus and they look fab. No way would I be able to eat all that on WW lol.

Have you got much to lose hun?

x

Hi Leash :hi:

I did WW years ago but found it too restrictive & couldnt be bothered with all the weighing/counting & didnt like the small portions

Ive lost 30lbs so far on SW (in 20wks) & can't recommend it enough :thumbup:

P.S. well done on your weightloss so far! xx

I have about 3 1/2 stone to lost to get my BMI to 25 which at the mo is my overall aim but my first goal is to lose 1 st 4 lbs to get my club 10 :) xxx

Hi ladies,

Hope you don't mind me crashing :flower: I have been doing Weight Watchers for a while and starting to get a bit fed up with it so I am planning to start SW this week. I have managed to lose just under 2 stone on WW since March but I want to lose another 21lbs ish before my wedding in June and I am hoping a new diet plan will spur me on and stop me falling off the wagon.

For those of you who have done both diets, what would you say the main benefits to SW are compared to WW. The thing that seems to keep cropping up is that you never feel hungry which seems to be my problem atm :wacko:

x

I am going to crash too as joined SW again last week. :flower:

I have done WW and SW but have never been successful (eg. stuck at it for longer than a few weeks!) with WW because I was hungry on it all the time and therefore thinking about food all the time. That's the main benefit for me of SW. Also, I think SW encourages a healthier diet in general, because you fill up on 'free foods' and as you have to use your syns for 'junk food' you are limited as to how much of that you can eat. So beware though, the syns values of things look huge at first as it's hard not to compare to WW points, but obviously they are totally different.

I am going to try and keep going to group and stick to the SW plan even when I am at my goal this time as I always get lazy and put the weight back on. Last time I did SW I lost 3st in 2 1/2 months and I was eating absolutely loads.

I'm not sure what my target will be this time, but my first goal is to get a stone off. Had lost 4lb at weigh in this week. One lady (not her first week) had lost 10 1/2lb!!!!!

Welcome Leash and Midori :)

I did WW years ago and lost 2 stones but much prefer SW as no weighing or measuring most things and a good mix of stuff to eat plus treats.

I have had a shit day today tho! Grrrrr. I am a classic comfort eater an was upset about my friend going to have her leg amputated today so i ate a pack of galaxy bites, a slice of carrot cake and a small glass of wine :-( my friends op has now been delayed till the morning. I am trying so hard to stop eating junk when im down as its my main issue as regards losing the weight xxx

Aww hun i understand coz im such an emotional eater myself :hugs: i have no advice other than to binge on free stuff but u know that already and it never quite does the trick :( xx

Just made diet coke chicken and it was absolutely yummy!! I will definately be making it again. I love recipes like that that make u think 'surely this cant be diet food' nom nom nom :) xxx

Hey folks am still running and sticking to plan, getting very upset and disheartned. Still no loss AGAIN! Feel like packing it in :cry:

Nooooooo dont do that hunny you have done soo well :hugs: i know that it can be
Disheatening when u do so well but it doesnt show. If you are upping your exercise then it could be extra muscle hun. Your weight loss is bound to slow down after losing so much weight xx

Nooooooo dont do that hunny you have done soo well :hugs: i know that it can be
Disheatening when u do so well but it doesnt show. If you are upping your exercise then it could be extra muscle hun. Your weight loss is bound to slow down after losing so much weight xx

this ^^^^^

dont give up jms hunni :hugs: you are sooooooooo close! :kiss: xx

ive had a rubbish week (set off bad as it was my hubbys birthday on fri & he wanted us to go out for an Indian & drinks)

the plan was.... have friday off without worrying about syn values but get straight back on track the next day but needless to say it hasn't gone according to plan :dohh:

on the plus side - I bought an exercise DVD today & have just done most of it, will try & do the rest tomorrow before weigh-in to try & relieve some of my guilt :rofl:

I seriously am back on track now tho so hopefully my gain isn't too bad

good luck everyone xx

I am going to have to make this diet coke chicken! sounds yummy.
I made a lovely syn free hot prawn curry for tea and had a white choc shape dessert for dessert which is 5.5 syns but very tasty so nice as a odd treat.
Just having a apple now with a coffee an then going to watch biggest loser that i recorded xxx

Ooh YUM prawn curry sounds amazing!! ESP as its syn free!! Is that on the recipes?

I had a rather boring cod fillet, loads of peas and syn free slimming world chips.

X

Hi Ladies... may I please join you??

I weighed in at SW last night. First time doing the diet so quite excited about making it work. I have about 6 stone to lose. It's a lot... but gotta start somewhere!

Can I also just say.... JADE... don't give up lovely! :hugs: you have done so very very well! Just remember that I'll soon be taking pics of you in your wedding dress and I want to take pics of you feeling your very very best. If you give up now... you'll regret it. Just stick to the plan, keep up the exercise and it will come off! :hugs: You're so close to your target that it's bound to be harder to shift the last few... but you can do it chick!! :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->