~~> Slimming World Diet Support Thread 2011 <~~ (Part 2!)

good luck for tomorrow africaqueen :dust:

no problem levichips :) happy to help

good luck tonight jms

hi Lisa :hi:

it's my WI at 7pm so will update later *hoping to STS & not gain* xx

Lost 0.5lb :headspin: so im really happy with that! (total loss 30lbs in 20wks) xx

Nicky- well done on loss x

Hi to everyone else x

AFM- AMH result was very bad. 2.05. Anything under 3.8 is classed as menopausal and very very slim chance of IVF working without donor eggs and this is something i cant consider yet so we have pushed to have one final chance at it and we start next cycle in March. Consultant said we would be lucky to get 1 egg and most likely we will get none at all so very sad news and dh and i are devastated as im only 30... diet has gone to shit tonight as been drinking wine and had a curry but back ontrack tomorrow as need to get bmi below 30 before they will treat us again and time is not on our side anymore so need to get cracking xxx

:hugs: Sorry the results were not as you had hoped Africa. I have everything crossed that this IVF works for you xxxx

Well done on the loss Nicky :happydance:

I was a bad girl last night and had a curry :blush: We went to see my best friends newborn last night and they suggested getting a curry and i had zero willpower. back on it today though and i have spinning tomorrow so i'm hoping to work the curry off :) xxx

Sorry to hear that news aq xxx

i stayed same absolutely gutted after all that work :-(

so sorry it wasnt better news aq :hugs:

try not to get too disheartened jms :hugs: you hardly have anything left to lose so its bound to be harder to shift those last few stubborn lbs but you WILL get there

how many syns do you allow yourself each day? xx

Hi girls.

Well i have lost 1lb which is crap but good considering the amount of wine i drank over the wkend! found out my best friend has skin cancer deep in her leg so they are amputating the leg this wk so turned to wine for comfort which i wish i wouldnt do but when i get upset/depressed i tend to... so anyway its 1lb off an im hoping for 4lb off this wk as going to try extra hard. Hope everyone else is doing ok.
I think its soooo hard to stick to in winter when all you want is cuppas with choc! lol xxx

Arrrr no! just had fray bentons meatballs in tomato sauce with pasta shells for tea thinking the meatballs were free or low syn an they are 10.5 per can! Grrrrr.
Ah well syn allowence started again today so thats todays syns done. lol. Live an learn.
When i did plan years ago they were free or 1 syn a tin tho so things change a lot.
Il be planning a better menu for tomorrow as got my books out here writing down xxx

A lb is a lb in the right directions hun so well done.

Sorry to hear about ur friend. Completely understandable turning to the alcohol im sure all of us would be the same :hugs:

Well i started back at SW tonight and in 4 months ive put on a stone :cry: i knew i had put a bit of weight on but dont feel like its a whole stone.

O well onwards and downwards as my consultant says :) Im pretty determined at the mo (although i always say that) Ive got a food plan for the week and im definately goin to stick to it xxx

Hello girls,

How are you all? Jms, how did you get on????

How is everyone finding it now that Xmas has been and gone? ( i still have naughty chocolates that are tempting me!) I've been struggling with it however my OH's gf has started weight watchers and we've both sort of been egging one another on which has been great motivation.

Also, I rejoined my gym today and ran 5k then did some horrendous leg exercise things that I can quite honestly say I did not enjoy one bit. Ha!

Not had a great run, I put on 2Ibs and lost 2Ibs, also, my scales well and truly broke. I don't know if it's cos my Oh weighed his heavy bag on it but I stepped on it last night and it said I was 2+ stone heavier then I am!!!!! (you can probably imagine my horror and shock!)

Does anyone have the TANGi chicken recipe? I've found the diet coke one which I'm trying tomorrow. One of the ingredients I've never heard of before 'passata'???? What is that?

Hope all are well,

Xxx

Hi girls.

Well i have lost 1lb which is crap but good considering the amount of wine i drank over the wkend! found out my best friend has skin cancer deep in her leg so they are amputating the leg this wk so turned to wine for comfort which i wish i wouldnt do but when i get upset/depressed i tend to... so anyway its 1lb off an im hoping for 4lb off this wk as going to try extra hard. Hope everyone else is doing ok.
I think its soooo hard to stick to in winter when all you want is cuppas with choc! lol xxx

I'm so sorry to hear this Hun. I hope she is doing ok and I hope you are ok too. We're here if u need any support. I do have to say that I am very impressed with your loss, don't be so hard on yourself!!! It's a loss and a loss in the right direction. :happydance: :hugs:

Good luck with it this week, here if u need to chat. Xx

Ooo what is this chicken recipe with diet coke u speak of? :)

Passata is like a tomato sauce. Its in all the supermarkets and usually by the chopped tomatoes and tom puree. Makes nice sauces for pasta :) xxx

Ooo what is this chicken recipe with diet coke u speak of? :)

Passata is like a tomato sauce. Its in all the supermarkets and usually by the chopped tomatoes and tom puree. Makes nice sauces for pasta :) xxx

Aaah thank you Lisa...

The recipe I have is:

Diet coke chicken
Serves 2, syn free

4*chicken breasts diced
1 can of diet coke/coke zero
6 tbsp of passata
1 tsp of worcestor sauce
1 diced onion
fry light

1. Fry the chicken and onion in fry light until the chicken is cooked
2. Add the coke, passata and worcestor sauce
3. cook for 10-15 minutes until the sauce has turned thick and sticky, the sauce will greatly reduce
4. Serve with wedges/rice and salad

This was taken from:

https://littlemissjess91.blogspot.com/2010/11/diet-coke-chicken.html

Very excited to try this!!

Xxx

Hey ladies everyone ok and on track?
Just did 3k run/power walk it was freezing! Will be gutted if I dont lose again this week :nope:

I made Diet coke chicken for tea tonight but I used...

3 Chicken breasts
2 Cans Diet Coke
1 Tin chopped tomatoes/box of Passatta (both work equally well)
2 Onions
1 Green pepper
a handful of mushrooms
Splash of Soy sauce
Splash of Worcester sauce
Tsp Chinese 5 spice

I also like mine a bit spicy so add a handful of Jalapenoes (same method as above but it takes a lot longer for the liquid to reduce - approx 30-40 mins)

it tastes lovely & makes enough for 3 generous portions :thumbup: xx

Thanks Lisa and Glitterfly :) i am trying my best from now on and been good today aside from the meatballs mix up. lol. We CAN do it girls!

JMS and Nicky- Hope you are doing well and il have to give the diet coke chicken a try.

Has anyone had the gammon steaks in cheese an leek sauce from iceland frozen section?? it is BEAUTIFUL! Goes lovely with new potatoes an veg as a very filling meal and whole pack is syn free on EE or RED! Really lush xxx

Oooh thanks for the tip AQ :thumbup: i'll have to give that a try it sounds lovely :) xx

AQ: that sounds lush. I was wondering what to have for dinner tomorrow sonmightnnip in and get that!

I made the diet coke chicken today and OMG YUM! Oh was literally licking his bowl clean after having seconds.
Thank you to everyone who suggested it when I first joined this group. It's Amazing!!

As AQ said we can all do this! :) good luck to every who has their weigh in tonight / this week.

Xx

I am going to have to make this diet coke chicken! sounds yummy.
I made a lovely syn free hot prawn curry for tea and had a white choc shape dessert for dessert which is 5.5 syns but very tasty so nice as a odd treat.
Just having a apple now with a coffee an then going to watch biggest loser that i recorded xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->