~~> Slimming World Diet Support Thread 2011 <~~ (Part 2!)

Hi Cath :hi: welcome to the gang!

I gained 1.5lbs which wasn't as bad as I was expecting :) but im gonna knuckle down & shift that + more for next week

how is everyone else doing? xx

Thanks... Sorry about your gain, great attitude for this week though! :thumbup: Hope you have a nice big loss Nicky! x

Thanks for all the advice ladies! I think I am definitely going to give SW a try. I am fed up of being hungry because I have wasted my points on foods that don't fill me up, I want to be able to feel full and satisfied after a meal and not thinking about portion size and points values! I think OH will be happier too as some of the meal idea I have seen look really good and he is fed up of eating the same things all the time.

I am quite excited now, just going to have a look online for a group near to where I live!

x

Glad you are feeling motivated to give it a go :thumbup: My OH loves SW meals and prefers the chips to normal chips :) xxx

Sometimes I give Liam a low fat version of something and he doesn't even notice the difference and he is a bugger for eating my WW cornettos lol!

I am feeling motivated and I think a new diet will give me the push I need to lose the rest of my weight - FX'd anyway! The only problem is its Max's birthday this week so we are going to stay with family for a few days and having a little party next Saturday so I am not sure if I should start this week or next. I am not sure how easy it will be to follow if I am not at home and cooking my own meals iykwim?

X

hmmm it depends what kind of things your family would be cooking?? xx

Thanks for the welcome ladies! :flower:

Hi mummycat!

JMS, don't give up! You'#ve done so amazingly well to lose so much. It's awful when it stops coming off isn't it? I have found that my weight plateus with SW before and tbh, I wonder if there comes a point where you do have to cut portion sizes too? (Maybe you've already done that?) Do you go to a group? Have you asked your leader for tips?

Nicky, sorry about your gain, but at least you know where it came from, I suppose. Still horrid though, but great you're making it motivate you instead of deflating you, that's not easy.

Leash, you can do SW easily while away, but it does depend a little on meals. If they are meat and two veg types, then it will be super easy for you to do the plan while away, if they eat lots of curries, shepherds pies etc, more difficult as these recipes need adapting really. You could follow the plan except for dinners if it would be easy to get your breakfast/lunch yourself? Or is it an option to get yourself a ready meal with some veg whilst there? I have to admit, personally I would probably wait until after you've been. :blush:

I am trying to get a really good loss this week, so am eating loads of superfree foods and have made superfree soup, plus not having any syns if I can help it, although I will if I need to. It's mine and my husband's first night out on 3rd Feb since our daughter was born, so I want to lose as much as I can before then.

Thats the problem actually, MIL cooks big family dinners like shepherds pie, spag bol etc and if I am totally honest I try to avoid them unless I cook them myself at home anyway. I have always used extra lean mince etc and I know that she doesn't. Plus she adds tons of butter and cheese to the mash for the shepherds pie which tastes amazing but is soooo not what I need. I like MIL but there is no way I could ask her to adapt her cooking just for me lol.

I hate putting things off, once I have something in my head I just like to get on and do it and I am actually excited to get going. I am just worried that if I start this week and then can't stick to it strictly whilst I am away, it will spoil my first week and the first week is the one where you know if you do everything right, you will have a good loss right?

Think I may just stick with my WW points this week and start SW next week. There is a class near me on Mondays so I can start right after we get back next weekend.

x

HI ladies,

can i join?

I joined back at slimming world the other week and lost 5.5 lbs in a week. I did slimming world in the past and lost nearly 2 stone but then stopped going to group and piled it all back on. this time myself and DH go together (he has hardly any to loose verus my 4 stone i need to loose). having him support me is great. I love the plan because you never feel hungry. we also chose a group that weighs in on a monday so that we know we can not cheat at the weekends.

Dawn

Glad you found this group to Dawn.

I also weigh in on a Monday and think that will help me avoid the saturday night takeaway :)

Welcome to the group and good luck with the weight loss xxx

Hi Dawn :hi: welcome to the gang :)

Leash if I were you id def wait another week to give yourself a much better chance of a substantial loss in your 1st week as you'll be in full control of what you are eating :thumbup: xx

Welcome Cath and Dawn :)

I weigh in on a monday also. Well i have stuck to plan 100% the past 2 days and did a mile walk in all the wind and rain yesterday plus lots of thigh crunches an weights. Got my Wii fit set up too so getting on that tomorrow. I feel more determined as the longer i take to lose this weight, the longer we wait to start IVF again and my dh and i are desperate to go again so i know i have to do it for us both an our future baby :)
I have had lots of speed foods such as chicken, spinach, apples etc today too.
Off to bed with a cuppa an my book so nite all and GL for weekend! xxx

Thanks for the warm welcome! Welcome to Dawn too!

I've just started my 3rd day on SW and so far being really good! We had the fish pie from the magazine last night. OMG it was lush! :cloud9: I can really do this diet if I get to eat yummy food like that. I find I'm using my HE for breakfast, weetabix and milk... anyone else use it mostly for breakfast??

Good luck over the weekend for those weighing in on Monday! Our plans for dinner this weekend are the spinach and mushroom cannelloni and the roast chicken. I'm really looking forward to them! :thumbup:

Glad you are finding the diet suits u, it really is fab :thumbup:

I usually use mine for brekkie too. I have alpen lights and fruit on most days or toast. I dont tend to have cereal because i dont like using both my A & B for brekkie :) xx

Mummycat, great you're loving the plan! I rarely use my healthy extra/s for breakfast. I usually have either bacon and egg with loads of tomatoes and mushrooms, a 4 egg omlette with mushrooms/ham/tomatoes/cheese (maybe not all of those fillings at once) or melon and grapefruit and maybe some yoghurt.

Hi all can I join? :D

Joined Slimming World on Tuesday after putting on 4 stone during my pregnancy, lost 2 since having her in November and really need to lose a few more!

Mummycat, great you're loving the plan! I rarely use my healthy extra/s for breakfast. I usually have either bacon and egg with loads of tomatoes and mushrooms, a 4 egg omlette with mushrooms/ham/tomatoes/cheese (maybe not all of those fillings at once) or melon and grapefruit and maybe some yoghurt.

Welcome Nikki!

Thanks ladies... it's nice to hear how others make use of the plan too! :thumbup: I'd love to make a nice breaky like that but with a toddler and 2 month old I just about manage to grab cereal! :haha:

Hope you all had a good day! :)

HI Ladies,

well i might have gone a little off plan last night. went out for tea and had pie and chips and then a pudding (i did only eat half the pudding though). However i have used hardly any sins all week so had like 60 left over and all i had eaten yesterday day prior to tea was fruit and yoghurt and 6 wholgrain crackers with a smiding of margarine on them. so although i had a treat i am hoping i stayed mostly in my sins for it (fingers crossed), i guess the scales will tell me tommorow.

Dawn

Welcome Nikki :)

Cath- Glad you are liking the plan. I tend to have toast (heb) with eggs or bacon for brekky most days as like to keep my milk for during the day for tea an coffee etc.
Have you tried the Syn free 'pancakes'? i find them very nice, esp with some lemon on them. I can post recipe if you want? x

Hi to all the other girls an hope everyone doing ok with the wkend.
I have been sooo good and then last nite we went to see our friends gorgeous lil 2ww old baby boy and they had ordered pizzas, garlic bread an chicken dippers an had the wine out... aaah. In African culture its rude to refuse to eat etc when everyone else is so i had 2 pieces of tandori chicken pizza, 1 chicken dipper an half a slice of garlic bread plus 2 small glasses of wine... Eeeek. I did my exercises yesterday and im going on the wii fit again later and being good today so hope to counterbalance the splurge. My dad is making my dinner today as dh is at work, so im having syn free beef stew with beetroot :) xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->