~~> Slimming World Diet Support Thread 2011 <~~ (Part 2!)

HI Ladies,

well i might have gone a little off plan last night. went out for tea and had pie and chips and then a pudding (i did only eat half the pudding though). However i have used hardly any sins all week so had like 60 left over and all i had eaten yesterday day prior to tea was fruit and yoghurt and 6 wholgrain crackers with a smiding of margarine on them. so although i had a treat i am hoping i stayed mostly in my sins for it (fingers crossed), i guess the scales will tell me tommorow.

Dawn

Hope the scales are good to you tomorrow hun! :thumbup:

Welcome Nikki :)

Cath- Glad you are liking the plan. I tend to have toast (heb) with eggs or bacon for brekky most days as like to keep my milk for during the day for tea an coffee etc.
Have you tried the Syn free 'pancakes'? i find them very nice, esp with some lemon on them. I can post recipe if you want? x

Hi to all the other girls an hope everyone doing ok with the wkend.
I have been sooo good and then last nite we went to see our friends gorgeous lil 2ww old baby boy and they had ordered pizzas, garlic bread an chicken dippers an had the wine out... aaah. In African culture its rude to refuse to eat etc when everyone else is so i had 2 pieces of tandori chicken pizza, 1 chicken dipper an half a slice of garlic bread plus 2 small glasses of wine... Eeeek. I did my exercises yesterday and im going on the wii fit again later and being good today so hope to counterbalance the splurge. My dad is making my dinner today as dh is at work, so im having syn free beef stew with beetroot :) xxx

Oooooh... syn free pancakes?? YES PLEASE :haha: I love pancakes! My birthday is coming up in a couple weeks and it falls on a Sat and I want to spoil myself with yummy food, so going to try a number of recipes to find the most satisfying and yummy syn free ones so I can have a glass of wine without feeling bad about it!

PS.. what part of Africa are you from?

Ooo syn free pancakes :) please can i have the recipe too xx

Ok girls here is the recipe...

3 eggs
Sweetener
Vanilla essence

Method...

Separate the yolks and the egg whites.
Whisk egg whites intill stiff.
Whisk egg yolks intill creamy.
Add 4 heaped teaspoons of granuated sweetener to egg whites.
Add 3 drops of vanilla essence to egg yolks.
Fold the egg yolk mixture into the egg white mixture intill light and fluffy.
Fry in frylight over a medium heat.
ENJOY!

Obviously you cant beat a good pancake but these are a good sweet treat and all syn free so cant be bad :)

Cath- Im not from Africa. My hubby is though an he's from Nigeria :)

Hope everyone has been doing well over the weekend. Iv just made a healthy pasta n sauce with added chicken for work tomorrow and my treat is gonna be a white choc shape dessert which is sooo tasty. Its my weigh in tomorrow morning too so wish me luck! really hoping for 3-4lb even tho i have had a few slips. lol. Good luck to mondays weigh in's xxx

Thanks hun! That's awesome...will have to try the recipe some time soon!

My hubby was born in Zimbabwe and we were both raised in South Africa.. which is why I asked about your connection :)

good luck for tomorrow ladies!!! xx

Morning ladies.

Well i have lost 3lb so quiet happy with that. I wanted it to be 4lbs but its close. lol.
So lost 30lbs in total now :) Having some low syn sausauges and toast for brekky and then off to work soon. Have a good start to the wk everyone x

Cath- Ah i would love to visit south Africa! my godmother lived there for a bit. I lived in North Africa for a few mths (Tunisia) so guess we have covered most of the continent between us! haha x

whoop whoop!!! What an awesome loss! 3lb's is great!! :thumbup:

Have a good week and yep... does seem like we've traveled a lot of Africa between us :haha: Hope you get to see SA some day. It is lovely! :thumbup:

HI ladies, I lost 1 lb so that is 6.5 in the last two weeks. was disapointed with 1 off but i guess off is better than on.

xx

Well done Dawn :thumbup:

1lbs down is 1 in the right direction :)

My weigh in was today and i lost 4.5lbs!! :wohoo:

My clothes feel like it should have been more but im not greedy im happy with that :) xxx

Thanks girls :)

Dawn and Lisa- WELL DONE! They are fab losses.
My goal for next WI is to of lost 4lbs :)

Just making icelands steak with peppercorn sauce (2.5 syns) with rice and green beans for tea an then for dessert a muller light :) xxx

ladies how do you work out syns? is it 1 syn per 1g of fat? x
no loss this week but no gain hoping for 4lb loss this week been really good today so hopefull can carry on 2.5 stone to loose by august my husbands cousin is getting married and got dress that want to get into it is bigger than i was before my son so think it do able. x

Levi- You work out syns on majority of things by calculating 1 syn per 20 calories :)
If you google most products the answer will be online mainly on a site called 'minimins'.
xxx

well done on the losses ladies!

Dawn don't get disheartened with "only a pound" hun, seriously... I saw a pic somewhere showing exactly what 1lb of fat looks like & its a lot bigger than you'd imagine!!

im off to see if I can find it & i'll post it on here as motivation if I do :kiss: xx

Here you go... feast your eyes on this!! :sick:

https://i535.photobucket.com/albums/ee352/NickyT75/Slimming%20World/poundoffat.jpg

so one measly little pound off is something to be very proud of yourself for!! :yipee: xx

Nicky... thanks for sharing that! it's useful to see what the numbers mean because 1lb sounds so little but in fact it's not!!

Well done on all the losses ladies! :dance: Levi, staying the same is a positive thing too. It's frustrating, but it's not heading in the wrong direction! So well done! :thumbup:

Today was the toughest day I've had so far... not sure if it was being wound up by the kids or that I've hit the sugar deprevation wall? Not quite sure. But it was a toughie today. On top of my daily healthy food and half a punnet of blue berries a bunch of strawberries and 3 clementines I had a rolo to satisfy the sugar craving! :rofl: but I just had the one... and that was enough! (normally I'd inhale the pack)

Well done on being so restrained Cath!

im not sure id be able to stop at 1 so I don't have any yummy goodies that might tempt me to fall off the wagon :rofl: xx

:rofl: this is my problem too... so the only goodies we have in house is stuff for Lottie. the rolo's are currently being offered as a reward for having a number 2 on the potty. Wee wee's are rewarded with stickers, but she's had an issue having a poop on the potty.... until about an hour ago!!!! :yipee: scuse me for the off topic chat.. but I'm so pleased she's over that hurdle! Anyway... I don't like eating anything that's been bought for her so her choclate is quite safe from me... except for yesterday... where I HAD to have one!

Today I'm on a roll... weetabix for breakfast, apple for snack, baked potato, baked beans and salad for lunch with light salad cream (2 syns worth) and for dinner the plan is rump steak with SW chips and egg (fried with fry light) and salad. :dance:

i'm getting excited for my weigh in tomorrow! First time in a very long time I've started a diet and actually followed the plan completely! :dohh: :haha:

Good luck for tomorrow hun :)

ive had another good day today so im quite looking forward to weigh-in this week :rofl:

how is everyone else getting on? xx

Well done on your losses girls, you have all done fab! I cannot wait to get started next week!!

Nicky that pic is gross :sick:

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"