~~> Slimming World Diet Support Thread 2011 <~~ (Part 2!)

Hey girls! Well done on your losses! Lisa - 8.5lbs in 3 weeks is fab!

I finally joined SW last night, really enjoyed the class and came out feeling totally motivated and ready to fight the fat lol! I am still trying to get my head round all the information but it seems pretty good so far, I have had tuna pasta for lunch and feel nice and full. If I had eaten pasta on WW I would currently be feeling guilty and wondering if I weighed/pointed it correctly.

So today I had a Mullerlight and a banana for breakfast which is all free food right? Then I have had tuna pasta for lunch with light mayo (3 syns) and some salad. Does that seem ok so far? I feel so bad eating pasta lol!

Also, I wanted to ask those of you who work what kind of things do you have for lunch? Today I finished work early so I came home and cooked lunch but I am worried about what kind of things I can take to work etc!

x

Yup sounds good so far Leash :thumbup:

I take things like Jacket Potato, Pasta & Sauce, Uncle Bens Rice, Homemade Soup etc to work for dinner. I also like the WW sweet chilli chicken and rice ready meal :) I had that today xx

Thanks hun :thumbup:

I am going to try making cottage pie tonight from one of the SW books!

x

is there a shop i can buy a SW recipe book? I'm getting very bored of roast chicken and veg, tomato pasta and baked spuds!

i had a sweet potato as a dessert today :rofl:

you can order them from Amazon I think Blah? but you get them for quite a lot cheaper if you order them at group (are you doing it from home or going to group?) xx

Yeah I got one from group! :hugs:

Welcome to Leash and Kezza! Good luck with your weight loss journeys. As one of you asked for advice...what's working for me so far is cutting out bread (I love it, so eat too much of it!) sugar, butter/marg (easy to do once I'd cut out the bread) and writing everything down... food diaries are the only way I stay on track! :thumbup:

Weigh in tonight! 3lb's off and slimmer of the week! :dance: Super happy with that! Going to TRY and lose 3.5lb's next week as it'll give me my stone!! Fingers crossed with a bit of determination I can do it! :D

Its funny you say that as I realised this morning that I haven't had any bread in 3 days which is unusual for me. The best part is, I hadn't really noticed so I haven't missed it!

This morning I have had bacon, scrambled egg, mushrooms and baked beans. I used a drop of milk in my scrambled egg which is part of my healthy extra and I used Fry Light on my mushrooms. Am I right in saying that was all free food? I cut the fat off the bacon and had 3 rashers!

Also, I have noticed I have not been using both the healthy extras every day. Does this matter? Sorry for all the questions!

x

Yup hun they are all free food.

I'm not sure why but my consultant always drums into us the importance of eating all the healthy extras you are allowed and making sure you eat enough xxx

I thought it may be important. I do seem to be using the HEX-a because its the milk in my tea etc and I put it in my scrambled egg this morning, it seems to be the HEX-b that I am not using. I have been having fruit and yoghurt for breakfast (apart from today) so I am struggling to find somewhere to use them as I am genuinely not hungry enough betweem meals to have anything from the list.

I probably sound like an idiot don't I?

X

No not at all. The B are the ones i struggle with. I usually use them on Alpen light bars as snacks. I have cut down loads on bread but sometimes have a couple of slices of toast for supper too :) xxx

When I look through the list, the only thing I would really use them on is cereal so I have something else for brekkie I am kind of stuck lol. I might try some cereal bars then, I suppose I can always take them to work for a mid afternoon snack!

I must say, I don't feel like I am on a diet at all. I have to spend more time planning my meals but other than that, its been great so far. I almost feel like I am doing something wrong.

x

Great isn't it :thumbup: My OH is allergic to anything that even looks like it could be healthy but he loves slimming world meals. He prefers SW chips to normal chips and his fav meal is SW lasagne :)

Sometimes for my brekkie i'll have banana and yorgurt in a bowl and chop an alpen light into tiny bits and put that in. Just a bit of a variation on just fruit and yogurt xxx

Yeah my OH is exactly the same. I made Chilli the other night and he loved it so much he took the leftovers to work the next day for his lunch lol. He is impressed with the portion sizes too, when I was on WW I used to have really small portions of food so without realising I was making his portions smaller too and he was always complaining I hadn't cooked enough!

Good tip for the alpen light bars, it sounds like a yummy snack too!

X

well done Cath! :yipee:

Leash - you could use 2x Alpen lights or 2 weetabix for your B choice or maybe have a slice of wholemeal bread toasted? I like the wholewheat Ryvitas (you are allowed 6 of them) with a bit of Philly Light spread on them :thumbup:

its my weigh in tonight so wish me luck after last weekends alcohol & pizza binge! :shy: xx

Thanks Nicky and good luck for your weigh in :thumbup:

I have also just thought I could always have some cereal as a snack too, sometimes when I work late I don't get home til 10pm and find myelf rummaging through the cupboards for a snack before bed so this would be ideal!

I am so sorry for all my questions, I will get to grips with it....eventually!

x

Don't worry about it hun :) Once it sinks in it will just become second nature to you xxx

Thanks ladies and good luck tonight Nicky :hugs:

Leash you're doing fabulously! It doesn't feel like a diet to me either... just healthy eating really. I'm full enough most of the time that I don't feel like snacking on rubbish and the Muller Light vanilla or coconut with choc sprinkles are like mini deserts for me! :D So I feel like I'm treating myself and really... it's free! :haha:

I was going to suggest alpen light bars... but Lisa beat me to it! :D

I don't normally have a problem with my HeB's as I have weetabix for breaky. It's the easiest thing for me to do as I have a toddler and a baby and it takes all of 20 seconds for me to prepare! :thumbup: Oh.. I've also switched to skimmed milk so I don't go over my allowance.

Yh i have that 1% fat milk and i can't tell the difference.

I have just had one of those After Eight muller lights and it was yummy!! :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->