~~> Slimming World Diet Support Thread 2011 <~~ (Part 2!)

:yipee: brilliant news!!! well done Blah!

Good luck to the others getting weighed in today! xx

Well done Blah :happydance:

I have not had a good weekend so i'm expecting a gain today :( xxx

well done Blah! :yipee:

I tried those new mint muller lights yesterday but I wasn't keen tbh :nope: it just reminded me of toothpaste :haha:

Not happy tho coz Asda have replaced the coconut ones with the mint ones & the coconut ones were the only ones I bought :( xx

hello ladies, mind if i join you? :) i bring cake! not sure how many syns but here goes:

1 cup light olive spread
1/3 cup truvia(no cal sweetener)
1 cup self raising flour
2 egg whites
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 grated carrot
handful of sultanas

makes 12.

cream olive spread and sweetener until smooth. Add egg whites and whisk until cottage cheese consistency(!) Sieve in flour and fold. Add carrot, cinnamon and sultanas. Mixture may thin out due to moisture from carrot, so add a little flour if this happens :) Bake in a 180c oven for 20 mins until golden and springy to touch.

If you want to add a topping, mix low fat cream cheese with icing sugar.

Hiya Kitten :hi:

I maintained this week which i am mega chuffed about. I had 2 takeways last week so was really expecting a gain x

just a bit of background and todays food :)

current weight - 13st 11lbs
target weight - 10st(long term) 12st 8lbs (short term)
height: 5ft 7ins

today i ate: breakfast- egg white omlette
grapefruit segments
black coffee

lunch: asda mighty instant soup tomato and veg
red grapes

snack: apple, more black coffee

dinner- i plan to have thai chicken with roasted veg and cous cous with banana and custard for pud

:)

also my space bar is broken having to proper bash it for every space which is driving me NUUUUUTS :p

Well done blah.
Hello kitten

Just think of the calories u use by smacking the key tho&#55357;&#56845;

:hi: Kitten!!! Thanks for the recipe! You've been very good today! :thumbup:

Lisa that's great news! :dance:

Today has been a hard one for me! I found I was never really satisfied! :( i've only had about 9 syns... so I'm not over... but just had an icky day!

I have weigh in on Wed and hoping for a reasonable loss!

well done Blah! :yipee:

I tried those new mint muller lights yesterday but I wasn't keen tbh :nope: it just reminded me of toothpaste :haha:

Not happy tho coz Asda have replaced the coconut ones with the mint ones & the coconut ones were the only ones I bought :( xx

I tried thos to day and i think i will give the other i bought away :/ horrible! that must be why i couldn't find coconut ones at asda today, wanted to try those ones too :/

Iv had diet coke chicken tonight and egg fried rice, im stuff now! :/

Well done Blah :happydance:

I had my first WI tonight and lost 5lbs :thumbup: I am over the moon! I was really worried as I thought I was doing something wrong as I was eating so much but turns out I must just be brain washed my Weight Watchers lol!

OH and I went shopping on Sat and we almost bought the M&S Valentines Meal Deal thingy - its £20 for starter, main course, side order, dessert, bottle of wine and chocolate. I had chosen all the things I wanted and then started to feel guilty about abusing my syns. So I put it all back and OH is going to cook one of the SW recipes instead. Thats progress for me!

x

Ok ok I lied...I put it all back except for the chocolate and praline dessert. I just couldn't do it. I am going to have it as a treat for V Day and save up a few syns each day this week to compensate. And go the gym on Wed and Thurs.

God I feel like a naughty school girl!

x

welcome Kitten :hi:

well done Lisa & Leash :)

I had sticky chicken on a bed of salad with SW chips & a dollop of coleslaw for tea & it was lush!

planning to make diet coke chicken & wholegrain rice tomorrow yum yum! xx

Im having diet coke chicken too. It sounds yummy, with sw wedges and salad.

Leash... Enjoy don't feel guilty. Have it and enjoy it and then continue

must be the night for diet coke chicken, I had it with egg fried rice :) x

Woooooooooooooooooooot! :yipee: for the fab result Leash!!!

Hope you're all enjoying your chicken! I'm making diet coke chicken for the take a meal to class at my weigh in! Every one is bringing in a dish for us all to try after weigh in. :)

Well done on losses Leash and Blah! great work girls x

Well done on maintaining Lisa and i will give that yogurt thing a try then. Thanks x

Kitten- Welcome and GL and that recipe sounds yum x

Hi to all the gang x

AFM- Iv lost 2lb again this wk but i had LOADS of treats over the wkend so i am actually glad i managed 2lbs. I have been feeling low so struggling to stick to plan but i am hoping for 4lbs off by next monday hopefully but a loss is a loss an its better slowly but surely than gaining so i am thinking positive about the smaller losses now.
Me an dh are treating ourselves to a posh meal at a south african place tomorrow night with some wine too an then im back on plan so flexi syns tomorrow xxx

Hello girls, Nicky recommended SW to me and I think it will be a struggle for me in many ways, but I'm intrigued so as life is too short to wade through 320 pages I'm going to ask a few questions here if that is ok.

How do you motivate yourself if you do this online? I can't get to WI sessions as near me they are either early in the morning, which is a no go for getting me and LO out the house on time or in the evening which is also a no go as I need to do tea/bath/bed etc. I'm on my own and don't have anyone who can babysit as my LO still BF's to sleep.

What sort of foods can you eat? I know this is a huge question as I'm sure the list is mega but i'm fussy. I don't eat fish, not keen on meat but eat mince, chicken and gammon. I don't eat peppers/cooked tomato/aubergine as 1 I don't like them and 2 I'm supposedly allergic to them. I don't like hot spicy food and wont eat anything with artificial sweetner. I'm a huge milk and cheese addict (but can't stand cottage cheese, it is the work of the devil) and I could kill for chocolate :D

Can you make toddler friendly dinners? As it is just the two of us and we eat together I don't want to cook two different meals but don't want to limit LO's fat/calories as he is such a skinny child he needs all the help he can get.

I'm also still BF although mainly just first and last thing plus the never ending night feeds. Does that make a difference at all?

When do you get all the books/info are they worth it? I've had a quick look, to sign up online it wants £60 bronze which doesn't include the food optimising and body magic books or the magazine and £80 for gold (for 3mths). I'm on my own and I'm a SAHM so I don't have any spare money, basically I'd need to sign up for as little as poss then keep going on my own, I just can't spend £20 a month, even the sign up amount would be a struggle :( Can I get the info anywhere else? Can I buy the right books so I don't need to spend the extra £'s?

I'm sure i had other questions to ask but LO has woken twice already and my brain is now fried for the day :(

TIA x

Hi lightning bugs.
It does seem to be easy a d toddler freindly. My meals doe my one year old who is a pain with feeding. But he was helpful would certainly be something he could eat, my six year old and dh.
Motivation wise. That's s hard one but why don't you look on eBay to see if you can get the books or advertise here in the wanted section. Then you wouldn't be shelling out all that extra cash.
It seems easy to follow all the foods you like you can eat tons of except the cheese and choc&#55357;&#56861; which you would need to moderate but can have as syns.

Good luck and I'm sure the lovely ladies here will be helpful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->