~~> Slimming World Diet Support Thread 2011 <~~ (Part 2!)

how do u do SW chips or wedges?

OK i'm going out for dinner tomorrow, its been arranged for month's, not sure what to have would a pasta/spaghetti dish be better then gammon and oven chips..or? I was planning on picking off the 600 or below menu so would be Spaghetti Bolognese?

i just chop a baking potato up into wedges, chuck on a baking tray, spray with frylight and season then put in oven :)!

The recipe is on SW website hun. Its just as Blah said but they advise to part boil them for 4/5 mins first, then drain, put the lid on the pan and give them a little shake. Then leave them to dry for 10 mins, spray a baking tray with Frylight, pop the chips on and spray the chips with Frylight. Then put them in the oven for 20-25 mins! They really were delicious and I will definitely be doing them again.....maybe tonight lol!

Good tip for the Cajun spice Lisa, I may try that too!

x

Does anyone have the recipe for Diet Coke Chicken? I have defrosted some chicken breasts and want to do something inventive with them!

x

:hi:
Hope you're all well!

Diet coke chicken:

Cut up the chicken and fry (with fry light) with onions, mushrooms, red pepper (you can add whatever veg you feel like really). Season with salt and pepper if desired.
Add a can (330ml) diet coke and 6 tablespoons of passata and a bit of Worcestershire sauce, bring to the boil and then simmer for 20-30 minutes until the sauce reduces and thickens. Then serve with rice/potato/salad whatever you like! :D

Fifi and Danielle- Welcome to our chatty thread! :) x

Lisa- That korma idea sounded fab till i realised that the coconut muller light has chocolate sprinkles in it... YUCK. haha x

Nicky- well done on 2lbs loss! x

Danielle- Minted lamb such as chops etc from butchers are not free but icelands minted lamb sliced or shanks(i think, double check that one) are free x

Hi to everyone else and glad to see u all doing well x

AFM- I have been really good past 5 days and cut right back on carbs as i am finding they bloat me? i have been having stuff like chicken stir fry, sliced ham, lots of veggies and fruit and lamb and beef stew etc. Not had many syns past few days so just had a valentines cup cake with my cuppa. Not been about much as felt very low past few days with missing my mum and work has been manic so not the best of times but we got our IVF meds delivered the other day so just waiting on af now which should be around 28th :) xxx

i made the curry sauce from minimins and it was lovely! Its just literally chicken stock, an entire cauliflower and curry powder all blended up :) I had mine with chicken breast and brocolli and used it as a dipping sauce. MMM.

AQ - i think ive had a bad week really as I feel quite bloated too so am going to limit my carbs too to either lunch OR dinner, not both.

I thought that AQ but apparently the sprinkles dont affect it xx

Yeah, the only choc sprinkle ML that isn't free is the vanilla one that has a layer of cherry at the bottom of it. (you can find that one in the pack of 6 choc variety).

Danielle... I've not looking into the red/green days much but I do know that on red days you eat meats and veg and green days you eat carbs and veg. I *think* anyway. There should be a section in the guide that explains it, but to be honest I've not looked at it yet.

I was thinking I'd maybe trying one of them out when my weightloss starts to plateau. Or if I start struggling to lose on Extra Easy. :) Hopefully some of the others can shed more light on it for you! x

xxxx

yeah the green/red days thing is a bit out-dated now that extra easy has been invented

from what I can remember you pick one or the other & stick to it each day... so on red days you can only eat protein +veg but no carbs & on green days you can only eat carbs +veg but no protein

you are allowed a small portion of additional carbs/protein on these plans but its really really small & needs to be measured or synned

the new extra easy plan is much more flexible :thumbup: xx

Blah - I saw a curry on minimins that you make with mushy peas??? I haven't tried it yet but people seem to be saying its lovely so will def give it a try soon xx

thanks I was just asking as was on about them with my friend as she's not loosing on EE so was going to give them a shot. Im hoping EE is good for me tho

Danielle... Jade (JMS) often finds she'll shift weight on using green days. So it may be worth a try for your friend! :thumbup:

I've had quite a lot of grapes today as I was picky and it stopped me eating junk. Do you think that's ok? I've not had any syns tho it was more cos I was in a grazing mood!!

yes its fine :) grapes are a superfree food! One thing i always find :wacko: is that huge amount of food you CAN eat and still lose weight.. mad. So if you're hungry defo eat.

Ive had a non carby day today but not really ate much. Had 2 muller lights, an apple, an orange and some chicken with the rest of my curry sauce. No hungry though!

WI tomorrow, eek. Hoping for 1-2lbs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->