~~> Slimming World Diet Support Thread 2011 <~~ (Part 2!)

Oooh thanks Kitten, I will check those out.

Steak and chips sounds like a good idea and that KFC chicken recipe will go down well with my OH too lol!

x

Spicy Scan Bran Ginger Cake (Syn free if using as HEB)

5 Scan Bran or Oat Bran (from SW, some H&B or Waitrose)
2 large carrots (about 150 gms) finely grated or wizzed in a mini chopper
7 tbsp low calorie sweetener
3 eggs, beaten
3 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp ground nutmeg (or 1 tsp ground all-spice)

Method
Pour boiling water over the Scan Bran, leave for 1 minute then drain and mash
Mix the Scan Bran, carrot, sweetener and spices, stirring very thoroughly
Add the beaten eggs, and stir until completely mixed
Tip the mixture into a microwaveable dish – we've now 'standardised' on a Sainsbury's Basics 1litre container, which is approx 18 ½ cm x 13 ½ cm by 5cm deep, and gives excellent results
Microwave on high for about 12 minutes – it should shrink a bit from the sides

That's it – quick and easy and tasty too!

I topped mine with Quark mixed with some sweetener & 1tsp Vanilla Essence :thumbup: xx

Hi ladies

Can i join you all?? i have just started slimming world again, doing it on my own dont have time to go to groups .

I am 10stone 3 and would love to loose a stone.

all my work mates are going out for an indian tomorrow and i am torn with what to do, i dont want to look unsociable but also dont want to mess my weight loss up!!

Any ideas??

thanks

Hi woodr :hi:

not sure what to suggest really? personally I wouldn't go for an Indian as everything I like is too fattening :lol: but maybe you could stick to a rice dish? (boring)

there are some good SW curry recipes online if you fancy something spicy without going to a restaurant... not much help but at least that way you can control the grease factor xx

Welcome Woodr :) x

Hi to everyone else. That ginger cake sounds nice so will get the scan bran tomorrow an make it over the wkend.

Well i have been sooo good then af arrived today and i ended up eating half a packet of rowntrees randoms in work an now im eating a packet of caramel nibbles cos craving choc an havin a nice cuppa with them... Oooops. I will go without syns tomorrow an thur to compensate. At least with af being here i can call the clinic tomorrow an get booked in for baseline scan an then get jabbing for 2nd cycle of IVF! yaaay xxx

Hi

Thanks for the nice welcome, today i have had

Fruit and fibre with tsp of raisins, grapes and natural yogurt followed by banana

mug shot and grapes

jacket with beans, cheese and salad followed by cherries and strawberries

muller yog

SW lasagne recipe and 1 piece of low fat garlic bread will need to syn the bread and cheese sauce

Does this sound like i am doing it right? any suggestions welcome

Thanks xx

So i signed up to SW with my mum this morning, now i just need to try and get my head round it :dohh:

Already downloaded the Iphone App, it's pretty helpful :thumbup:

Woodr- Diet sounds fab. Natural yogurt will need to be syned if not fat free and also raisins need to be syned but everything else is fine :) good luck x

Squidge- Good luck and nice you have your mum to support eachother x

well i'v completly ruined this week, for some reason i'v just wanted rubbish, and more rubbish and i'v given into temptation :/
I don't know whats been up with me, felt so down and tired and it's just not helped.

Hey Danielle. Don't beat yourself up. EAt it get it out if your system enjoy it then go back on plan.
It's not the end of the Wirld just a hiccup

Welcome Woodr!

Re the Indian, depends if you are doing extra easy, red or green!. Extra easy would be best for that day. Have chicken tikka pieces with salad and boiled rice. Failing that Chicken or Mushroom Dhansak is low (lentil and tomato based) as is Rhogan Josh. These are my faves!
Stay away from the NAAN its like a million syns :haha: and also poppadoms. Stick to tomato and not cream based stuff. xx

Hey Danielle. Don't beat yourself up. EAt it get it out if your system enjoy it then go back on plan.
It's not the end of the Wirld just a hiccup

Yeah I figured if I get it out my system iv more chance of succedding next week.

1 1/2 off this week not bad as I had a blip on Saturday so that's 10 lbs in total in 3 weeks. I must keep going and not start falling off wagon now

Well done hun :happydance:

definately carry on going and keep at it. I always get to half a stone and start relaxing my routine which just slows my weightloss down loads!! xx

Well done hun :happydance:

definately carry on going and keep at it. I always get to half a stone and start relaxing my routine which just slows my weightloss down loads!! xx

Cheers Hun. I usually hit 3 or 4 weeks then slack off, this time I'm determined not too. Just had speed soup for lunch and trying to think of interesting pack lunch things to have cos I end up having pasta a lot and am getting bored, but it needs to be quick and cheap...

I take Jacket potatoes alot. I make them in the morning and then reheat when i'm at work. I also have uncle Ben's rice packets. They are syned but a reasonable amount xx

:hi: welcome to all the new ladies!!

I have weigh in tonight and just hoping to get my stone off!!! :haha:

Hope you're all okay!!!

Well done Fifi, 1.5lbs is fab! I am also finding lunchtimes a struggle some days, particularly if I am in work because it has to be something quick and microwaveable lol! So far, I have been having Pasta & Sauce because they are free and quite filling or I grab a little sushi pack from M&S which is synned but quite low and then have a load of fruit with it. I might try what Lisa said and take a jacket potato with beans or something.

Good luck for your WI MummyCat!

x

i have made load of leek and pot soup, having that for lunches nice and filling with slice of bread as HEB x

If you really can't be bothered doing your own potatoes then those new microwavable ones from macain are only 1 syn each and are quite nice.

I tend to stick to the same lunches at work and alternate between

Homemade Soup
Jacket Pots
Pasta & Sauce
Uncle Ben's Rice
WW Sweet Chilli chicken ready meal

I sometimes push the boat out and make a SW quiche lol xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads