~~> Slimming World Diet Support Thread 2011 <~~ (Part 2!)

Well done fifi :yipee:

good luck for tonight Cath :dust:

it's my WI tomorrow night & Ive walked over 10 miles today in a desperate attempt to lose as much weight as humanly possible xx

It varies depending on which kinda but i think most are free and some are just 1 syn x

Hello all,

I've just started SW but can't afford the classes but have all the books off eBay!

What I'm confused about is the super free - does every meal, regardless of EE, red or green, have to have a 1/3 superfree? Or is it just EE.

If I was having a green day, could I have chicken breast, baked pot and baked beans or would 1/3 have to be superfree veg? Or if I had weetablx for brekkie would I hae to have fruit with it?

Also if I make slag Bol with lean mince, onions, garlic, passata and seasoning - how do I work out if a 1/3 is actually the superfree veg when it's all bunged in together!

Hope someone can help, thanks!

Hello all,

I've just started SW but can't afford the classes but have all the books off eBay!

What I'm confused about is the super free - does every meal, regardless of EE, red or green, have to have a 1/3 superfree? Or is it just EE.

If I was having a green day, could I have chicken breast, baked pot and baked beans or would 1/3 have to be superfree veg? Or if I had weetablx for brekkie would I have to have fruit with it?

Also if I make spag Bol with lean mince, onions, garlic, passata and seasoning - how do I work out if a 1/3 is actually the superfree veg when it's all bunged in together!

Hope someone can help, thanks!

Hi all, not posted on here for a while, hope you're all doing ok!

I've just come for a moan, I have maintained for 4 weeks now and I've been trying really hard! I seemed to do better when I cheated more!!

I'm nowhere near my ideal weight and ive only lost 10lb so not massive amounts, has anybody got any ideas or been in a similar situation?

Hiya...

AQ.. I think you meant Nicky hun...cos she's the one walking 10miles... not me! :haha:

I gained 1/2lb. not sure how... i've been good, within syns etc. I'm 16 days late for AF... so maybe that's contributing... but really I must try harder! :(

Hi LPF and MNorbury!

LPF... those are really really good questions. I just assumed my weetabix and milk were my HE's and didn't think about having 1/3 free foods! :dohh: NOt sure about green day as I've stuck to EE since going a few weeks back.

MNORBURY... do you write the food diaries? Perhaps try an SAS log? to pin point what might be causing the issue? Are you measuring your HE's? Uhm... just trying to think what else might be causing it for you.

:hugs:

I know it's immature but lol @ 'slag bol' that is a great typo!:D

I *think* all meals are 1/3 superfree on all plans

I know it's immature but lol @ 'slag bol' that is a great typo!:D

I *think* all meals are 1/3 superfree on all plans

He he - I though I'd corrected it, not double posted!!

In a way, that's a bit annoying if you have to have 1/3 superfree - how do you work it out in wet dishes! And I can't face fruit first thing in the morning with cereal - makes me all sloshy!

Should complain about have too much food I suppose!

I must admit, I am a bit 'flexible' with the 1/3 superfree sometimes. If I am cooking something that doesn't really require much veg, I will have a little bunch of grapes or a couple of satsumas afterwards. Its not on the plate but its still part of my lunch/dinner.

Have you tried making your spag bol with tinned tomatoes? They would count as superfree if you did? I use them in my chilli with a few other vegetables and count that as 1/3.

MummyCat - if AF is late then you could be retaining a little bit of water?

x

I am also a bit relaxed with the 1/3 theory. I do eat alot of fruit and veg but sometimes it doesn't always equal a 1/3. My consultant said it doesn't necessarily have to be a 1/3 with each meal but can be spread across the day. I might not have the 1/3 with the meal but over the day it balances out.

Of course sometimes i don't bother with the 1/3 at all :blush:

AFM i lost 1lb last night which i was chuffed about. I didn't think i had lost at all this week because i haven't been very good foodwise but have stepped up exercise and have been spinning 3 times so far this week and i'm going again tonight and on Saturday. I'm back on it today though and determined to find the balance between exercise and food. I tend to eat worse when i'm xercising more because i think i can get away with it but i need to lose about a stone in 2 months so 1lb a week just wont cut it xxx

1/3 superfree is not necessary on Green and Red days but of course the more superfree you eat the better!

Still no loss here, need to get 2.5 off :( Cant get back on it!

Well done on losses folks xx

having a ok (ish) week iv just got first AF since MC - cue major water retention and bloating as well as wanting to eat everything!! hoping to have sts or lost a bit this week! x

Hi.....can anyone helped...my partner bought me a portion of chicken nuggets and portion of wedges for dinner from morrisons, can anyone help me on the syns? Also a morrisons sausage roll?

UHm... Danielle I don't have a clue!

closest I could find was from the book (pg 64) nuggets 8.5 syns, (pg 58) sausage roll (std) 10.5 and...searched online for wedges, so many different syn values but Tesco and M&S say the same... wedges 4.5 syns.

Hope that helps, may not be very accurate as just using the general syns, not morrison specific!

Cath- Sorry! haha. My head is gone. lol x

Nicky- Well done on the 10 miles of walking! x

LPF- Welcome and GL. I do plan from home too an do ok mostly ;-) x

Mnorbury- Welcome back and im sure you will lose again. We all plateau when we have been on plan for a little while x

Lisa- Well done on the loss x

Hi to JMS, Danielle, Babydevil and Leash an gang x

BTW Leash- As far as i remember, grapes are not speed food... neither are bananas. I think apples, most berries, melon and strawberries are tho so stock up on those ;-) x

AFM- I am 5 days into my stimming drugs for IVF so sorry been awol for a while. I am on strongest dose which is 6 amps and its making me so tired and had bad headaches for a few days too so been signed off work intill test date as im worn out. I have been a bit crap on plan, and had chocs and lots of milk etc to build up egg quality so i was surprised this morning to get weighed and see that iv STS as i thought i would of gained! lol. I am hoping to lose 3lb this wk so il be on here more often. Got my scan in a hr to see how my ovaries are responding to the drugs so wish me luck! :) xxx

Uk oh bad weekend so being extra extra good now but I'm finding it hard to get the staying power.
Fart soup sorry speed soup for lunch, fruit for breakfast slimming world fry up for tea,

Good luck African queen, lots of finger crossing for you honey x

africaqueen, hope you get some great quality eggies! :) make sure you eat well! I imagine IVF takes it out of you. Keeping everything crossed x

3lbs down this week wooo happy dance :D

it's also national pie week this week, if you weren't aware! I don't think we should miss out on all the pie fun so here's a little recipe :)

SW Chicken and Vegetable Pie

you will need:

1 onion, finely chopped
Fry-lite
handful of sliced mushrooms
handful of peas
4/5 chicken breasts,diced
1 can of mushroom soup
2/3 sliced carrots
chicken stock cube
water

for the topping:
2/3 large potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
OR
1 cup plain flour, half cup of light olive spread and a pinch of salt

Spray pan with fry-lite. Add mushrooms and onion, cook for 5 mins then add chicken. When chicken has cooked on outside, pour in can of soup, add carrots and peas. Crumble in the stock cube and add a little water.

Pour into an ovenproof dish and either:
Layer the potato slices on the top, spray with fry-lite and pop in the oven until browned on top
OR
Make a reduced fat shortcrust pastry with the spread, flour and salt and bake until pastry is crisp and brown.

If you make with potato topping it's all free except the soup

The pastry needs to be synned but I measure in cups, so not sure of the weight :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->