~~> Slimming World Diet Support Thread 2011 <~~ (Part 2!)

well done on your losses girls! :D has anyone seen africaqueen lately she's not posted for a while?

Ahh been struggling doing SW online so ive joined my local group :) here is to onwards and downwards on loosing :)

Start Weight: 20 stone 1lbs :(

Aim for the week, -3lbs :)

Hiya Princess Kate :hi: good luck hun

I gained 2lbs this week :dohh: totally my own fault tho xx

Welcome PrincessKate and lots of luck!

How is everyone this evening? I am home alone tonight and have been fighting the urge to order a great big meaty pizza and onion rings. Instead, I have made some SW chips and I am going to melt some cheese over them and have it with beans. I am such a classy girl lol!

x

Ooo you have got me craving a chip butty now :) might have one when i get home from work :) xx

havnt really been on plan for a few weeks but totally back on now!

iv made shepherds pie full of superfree for dinner and my speed soup is cooking in the slow cooker!! x

iv made speed soup (6 portions in the freezer!) spag bol (3 portions in the freezer!) and left over shepherds pie (3 portions in the freezer!) i wanted to make fanta chicken to freeze but there is no room left in the freezer lol!!

that should do me for a week!! x

Hi girls and Kitten- Thanks for asking after me x

I have been having a shit time so fell off diet wagon BIG time :(
Had 2nd IVF cycle an sadly it failed and as we only got 1 embie no chance of FET so back to the drawing board. Been devastated. Also i was diagnosed with trigeminal neuralgia last wk an the pain has been horrific! (severe inflammation of the nerve from jaw to eye socket) so im on loads of painkillers each day as well as prescribed drugs to control the condition which are drugs usually used for epileptics an they wipe me out so im drowsy most evenings. I have been off work 6wks but back tomorrow and il see how i go. So diet wise been crap and iv gained a stone :(
Im gonna fix up a new ticker an went shopping before for few bits. Got some new alpine light bars too-cherry bakewell which look nice :) so back to basics on SW from tomorrow for me. I need to feel good about myself again an i really dont.

Well done to all for weight losses an exercise regimes etc. Anything changed on plan? as il be following from home again as cant afford classes and i find them very dull anyway tbh. lol. xxx

AQ im soo sorry you have had to deal with so much recently. My FIL suffers from TN so i understand debilitating the condition is and how the drugs effect you. If you ever need any support i can ask him the various forums he goes on. I know he is part of the facebook TN community an gains alot of support from the ladies on there. He also goes to a conference once a year for it. I think the one this year is on the 23rd of june in Birmingham :hugs: xx

Hey ladies joining in.
Previous list four stone and was nearly at target before havin lo.

two weeks post birth had lost two stone with 2 stone left to lose- gained 4stone in total.

Hoping to get inspiration ans support to get there as struggling to achieve to eat everything so hard to grt time with a newborn.

Anyone share some newborn tips on how to get in the free foods- superfree isnt an issue

thanks so much xx

Thank you Lisa. It really is such a bad condition. My late nan had it severly and had surgery in the end which went wrong so hoping it doesnt come to that x

Welcome Vitafa and good luck with the plan x

How is everyone doing?

Today i have been good for a change. Feel determined now to feel good about myself.
I have had...

Breakfast- x1 cherry bakewell alpine light, x1 small banana and a coffee.

Lunch- x1 uncle bens mexican spicy rice(2.5 syns i think?) and a apple.

Tea- 2 jacket potatoes with light cheese triangles(HEA), gammon and cabbage. Activia fat free yoghurt. Small banana.

Supper- x1 alpine light cherry bakewell(HEB) and a apple.

So i have been good. Returned to work today and refused sweets 3 times! yaaay. lol. Just made pasta n sauce for work tomorrow and thinking of having syn free chips an a quorn peppered steak but not sure on syns on that? xxx

Just checked hun and it says quorn peppered steaks are free xx

so sorry the IVF failed AQ :hugs:

welcome vitfa :hi:

hi Lisa, Babydevil, Leash. Cath Jade and everyone else :friends:

I made fanta chicken tonight & it was delicious!! :cloud9: was exactly like sweet & sour chicken & im def gonna be making it every week from now on!

how is everyone getting on? xx

I tried that nicky but really didnt like it but i love diet coke chicken. Weird!! :shrug: xx

Thanks Lisa. Il have that for tea tomorrow. On offer in asda, 2 for £1 :) x

Nicky- I LOVE sweet an sour chicken! can u post the recipe for the fanta chicken please? never heard of it x

there seems to be a few different versions so I just made my own up...

450g chicken breasts cut into strips (this made 3 generous servings)
2 onions roughly chopped
1 red pepper + 1 yellow pepper sliced
handful of baby corn sliced
1 vegetable Oxo cube
splash of rice vinegar
splash of balsamic vinegar
sprinkle of chilli flakes
500ml Fanta Zero
handful of fresh pineapple pieces

brown the chicken, soften onions, add peppers & corn (+ whatever veg you fancy) give it all a bit of a stir, add everything else (apart from pineapple which needs to be added at the last minute coz it would have to be synned if it were cooked)

keep the heat high & simmer until liquid has reduced & thickened (approx 30 mins)

really easy to make & absolutely gorgeous!!

**I found that the pineapple made it go very sweet at the end which made me panic coz I thought id ruined it :argh: but just add a bit more vinegar if needs be & this will balance it out :thumbup:

hope you enjoy it as much as I did xx

Hey ladies! How are we all today?

AQ I am so sorry to hear you have been going through a rubbish time :hugs: I hope things get better for you! Its good to see you back in here though, I did notice you hadn't posted for a while! Well done on your first day back on track :thumbup: Are the cherry bakewell Alpen bars nice? I saw them in Asda last night and was going to get some but I ended up sticking to my face Choc & Orange ones instead lol!

Fanta chicken sounds yummy, I might give that a try this week as I am in a bit of a recipe rut at the moment and it feels like I am eating the same thing all the time!

x

ETA: Eeeek forgot to tell you all about my WI last night lol - I lost 3lbs and finally got my stone award! I have now lost 16.5lbs in 9 weeks!!!!

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"