~~> Slimming World Diet Support Thread 2011 <~~ (Part 2!)

i have loads of eggs to use, what can i make?? iv had the quiche a lot recently so iv had enough of that at the moment x

Hello Girls,

Im thinking of starting slimming world tonight, there is a meeting near me, eek! I've never done anything like this before. Never even dieted, never mind joined a group so a bit nervous really. How does the diet work exactly and what happens at meetings? I read you don't have to calorie count, is that right? Is it ok to take LO's with you to meetings? How long do they normally last?

Sorry for all the questions.

i cant help with the meeting questions because i do it online but slimming world is basically a healthy eating plan, it changes the way you think about food, i do Extra Easy which i personally think is the easiest - for every meal your plate has to be 1/3rd superfree (salad, veg, fruit ect) potatoes, pasta, rice, lean meat, noodles ect are all 'free' meaning as long as you have your superfree you can eat as much as you want!

you can then have up to 15 syns a day - syns are chocolate, sugary things, oils, butter ect ect

you then have Healthy extras one A choice and one B choice - A is milk, cheese ect
healthy B is bread, cereal ect

hope that makes sense! it will all become much clearer once you get your books x

egg and bacon with fat cut off for a free brekkie
boiled egg with soldiers (1hEX)
omlette with peppers, mushrooms, onions
or cheese (1hEX)
cheesecake https://www.slimmingeats.com/blog/baked-strawberry-cheesecake

I like to make cake if I have a lot of eggs! Use low/zero cal sweetener and light olive spread to reduce the syns :)

Hello Girls,

Im thinking of starting slimming world tonight, there is a meeting near me, eek! I've never done anything like this before. Never even dieted, never mind joined a group so a bit nervous really. How does the diet work exactly and what happens at meetings? I read you don't have to calorie count, is that right? Is it ok to take LO's with you to meetings? How long do they normally last?

Sorry for all the questions.

i cant help with the meeting questions because i do it online but slimming world is basically a healthy eating plan, it changes the way you think about food, i do Extra Easy which i personally think is the easiest - for every meal your plate has to be 1/3rd superfree (salad, veg, fruit ect) potatoes, pasta, rice, lean meat, noodles ect are all 'free' meaning as long as you have your superfree you can eat as much as you want!

you can then have up to 15 syns a day - syns are chocolate, sugary things, oils, butter ect ect

you then have Healthy extras one A choice and one B choice - A is milk, cheese ect
healthy B is bread, cereal ect

hope that makes sense! it will all become much clearer once you get your books x

Thank you :). just got home from the meeting, quite enjoyed it actually apart from the weighing in bit! ;)

Please can I be added to the first page...my starting weight is 12stone 10lbs, my next target weight is 11 stone, not sure about ultimately yet though. I've planned a menu for tomorrow, please can you ladies have a quick glance to check I'm on track?

Brekkie-35g bitesize shredded wheat with 250ml semi-smimmed milk
Lunch-Jacket pot with baked beans and salad (lettuce, carrots, cucumber, onion, pepper and tomatoes)
Tea-Noodles, chicken, green beans, pepper, onion, carrots, sweetcorn and soy sauce
Syns-2 oreos and one highlights hot choc

I might add another 'A' food in there once I understand more about breastfeeding and the extras you can have with that on SW. I haven't included any superfoods for brekkie because we haven't got any in but going shopping in the morning :)

Lisa thats AMAZING! Well done missus - your dress is going to look fab! I think sometimes its good to have a little blow out as it kick starts your weight loss again doesn't it?

Welcome Sunrise! Your menu looks good to me, sorry I can't help with the BF side of things but I am sure there will be someone along soon who can advise! Good luck for your first week though!

I was a bit naughty after WI on Monday and shared a 14" pizza with OH....an a garlic bread! It was yummy though and felt I deserved it. Been back on track since but not managed to make it to the gym yet and its really starting to annoy me lol. Going to get up extra early tomorrow and go before work!

x

Thanks Leash i was very happy :) Still can't stop smiling. just need 1.5 this week to can my stone n half award. I definately think a good blowout kick starts things...well it does for me. I tend to find my body gets used to either diet or exercise so just a week or 2 week break every now and again helps.

I wouldn't worry too much about your pizza hun. I have a takeaway after fat club every week because on a day to day basis i don't really use syns so can get away with it. In fact last week i had 2 and one was an all you can eat chinese buffett and i still lost 7.5lbs xxx

made bacon and spring onion frittata should have used more bacon but is very yummy!

532864_10151529642545244_905380243_23763701_2013973146_n.jpg

all i did was cook the bacon and spring onion - cut up the bacon and put it in a oven dish with the spring onion - beat 5 eggs and pour into the dish - put it in the oven until its cooked x

made bacon and spring onion frittata should have used more bacon but is very yummy!

all i did was cook the bacon and spring onion - cut up the bacon and put it in a oven dish with the spring onion - beat 5 eggs and pour into the dish - put it in the oven until its cooked x

That sound yummy!!! if i have the spring onion in (best check fridge) i am making one of these for my tea :D

you can use anything - normal onions will be fine - iv made one with peppers, peas, sweetcorn, chicken, mushrooms and onions before that was yummy too x

So far today i've had:

Brekkie - Bacon, eggs, mushrooms and two slices of wholemeal bread (with crusts cut off to make it 60g for my healthy B option). This used up syns on margarine and tomato ketchup.

Lunch - Nothing (still pogged from brekkie!)

Snacks - Watermelon, four dairylea light triangles (healthy A) and three chocolate fingers (syns)

Tea - Is going to be spag bol cooked by DH using a pasta jar (syns) and extra lean mince with a large side salad.

Will also have a highlights hot choc this evening (more syns).

This takes my syns value to 11.5. Since i'm BF i've found I am supposed to hit the full 15 syns a day and try to have more healthy A and B options (how many depends on how old your baby is/how much they BF). Although I am struggling to do this at the min with everything else you can eat TBH!

Mmmmm, that looks yummy :)

So far today i've had:

Brekkie - Bacon, eggs, mushrooms and two slices of wholemeal bread (with crusts cut off to make it 60g for my healthy B option). This used up syns on margarine and tomato ketchup.

Lunch - Nothing (still pogged from brekkie!)

Snacks - Watermelon, four dairylea light triangles (healthy A) and three chocolate fingers (syns)

Tea - Is going to be spag bol cooked by DH using a pasta jar (syns) and extra lean mince with a large side salad.

Will also have a highlights hot choc this evening (more syns).

This takes my syns value to 11.5. Since i'm BF i've found I am supposed to hit the full 15 syns a day and try to have more healthy A and B options (how many depends on how old your baby is/how much they BF). Although I am struggling to do this at the min with everything else you can eat TBH!

looking good!! id just work up to your syns, you might find some days you want to use more than 15 somedays less so it all works out about right - some people use syns weekly instead of daily (whichever works for them!) xxx

oh girls im really struggling at the min :(

I missed class on thursday but had gained at least 1lb by then already :( then it was my wedding anniversary on friday so we went out for the day (had unhealthy lunch) lots of chocolate & also went for a meal out & drinks at night so my syns were off the scale!

then I felt ropey yesterday so lounged around all day & couldn't be bothered going shopping/cooking anything healthy & ended up eating pizza & chips from the takeaway last night!! :shock:

I really NEED to get inspired & refocused again pronto :help: xx

just found this on FB which is really appropriate to the way im feeling atm

Don't Quit

When you've eaten too much and you can't write it down,
And you feel like the biggest failure in town.
When you want to give up just because you gave in,
and forget all about being healthy and thin.
So What! You went over your syns a bit,
It's your next move that counts...So don't you quit!
It's a moment of truth, it's an attitude change.
It's learning the skills to get back in your range.
It's telling yourself, "You've done great up till now.
You can take on this challenge and beat it somehow."
It's part of your journey toward reaching your goal.
You're still gonna make it, just stay in control.
To stumble and fall is not a disgrace,
If you summon the will to get back in the race.
But, often the struggler's, when loosing their grip,
Just throw in the towel and continue to slip.
And learn too late when the damage is done,
that the race wasn't over...they still could have won.
Lifestyle change can be awkward and slow,
but facing each challenge will help you grow.
Success is failure turned inside out,
the silver tint in a cloud of doubt.
When you're pushing to the brink, just refuse to submit,
If you bite it, you write it....But don't you quit!

Hi girls.
Hope everyone is doing well and had a nice wkend.
I was bit naughty on fri night as had few large glasses of rose and today a roast dinner an 2 scoops of ice cream but aside from those slip ups iv not had any additional syns so really hoping iv lost 2-3lb tomorrow when i weigh in xxx

Good luck aq!

Just about to have my speed soup with pasta! Hope it tastes nice!!

how was your soup hun?

good luck for weigh-in AQ

Hi Lisa :hi: & everyone else xx

Morning everyone :)
Just had weigh in so updating before i get ready for work.
I have lost 4lb!! sooooo happy with that.
Im going to have lean bacon on toast (heb) for brekky and i made syn free hot prawn curry for work so not planning on having any syns today other than the few for my light spread for my toast.
Hope everyone has a good start to the wk xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->