~~> Slimming World Diet Support Thread 2011 <~~ (Part 2!)

Hi ladies.

Just checking in to say well done on all the fab losses and a huge welcome to all the new ladies xxx

AFM- Had a real bad few wks with having our dog put to sleep and issues with work etc. Trying my best to get back on plan from tomorrow. I went an bought chicken, fish, veg an fruit etc today so no excuse. I also spotted some uncle bens 'rice time' meals in asda that you microwave and the sweet and sour with rice is syn free on EE so got that for my lunch for work tomorrow and it looks nice xxx

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news hun :( but I just checked for you & that sweet & sour meal isn't free :nope: it's 8.5 syns

Rice Time, Sweet & Sour, 300g pack, ambient, sauce pot 7 7 7
Rice Time, Sweet & Sour, 300g pack, ambient, rice pot 1½ 12½ 1½
xx

Hiya girls

Well done on losses!

Nicky- Aww you will lose it! u have done so well. I am not even daring to get on the scales yet as i am pretty sure i have gained at least 6-7lbs as my pants are so tight :(
feel like a failure as NEED to lose the weight for our next IVF in the new year :( dont know were my wilpower has gone :( thanks for the thumbs up about the rice time! will be making my own sauces for my rice from now on! lol x

Well Done Admiral Thats Great :) xx

:hugs: AQ xx

Nicky..I seem to be doing good still :) Finger crossed for a loss tomorrow xx

well done everyone :)

AQ its so hard at times getting our heads into the right place - especially when you've got the added stress of LTTTC on top of things as stress is a major trigger for comfort eating :hugs:

Im feeling back in control now so just need to hang on to the positive vibes & hopefully will see a decent loss on thursday which will spur me on :thumbup:

I made a lovely Chinese Beef with Broccoli dish for tea last night & there was enough left for todays lunch so i'll be tucking into that soon yum! :munch:

whats everyone else having today? I could do with some inspiration for tea tonight xx

Ive had a cheese and onion sandwich for lunch...Dinner will be home made onion,pepper & tomato soup..Weigh day tomorrow! i dont eat heavy on a tuesday :haha:

I will be having chilli tonight. Love warming food in this awful weather!
I loved the beef black bean stir fry in this months magazine xx

Nicky- Yes its so stressful i find it hard to stick to plan but i am going to try my best. Glad your back on plan and doing well x

Admiral- Well done on a fab loss! x

Lotty- Good luck for WI tomorrow x

AFM- I know this isnt exactly the SW way but i am struggling with wilpower so have decided to be super strict just for 3 days. I am going to have slim fast shakes for breakfast and lunch and a healthy tea with fruit as snacks for at least 3 days just to kick start my weight loss again and then il go back on plan when my pants get a bit looser xxx

I ditched the SW plan for two days in favour of nausea as a result of getting sick on a plane on tuesday :( What was probably going to be two days off plan ended up being two days of barely eating, I lost my b'fast tues am, had a latte in the afternoon and half of my scampi and chips when out tues night, toast for b/fast weds, cheese and ham sw for lunch and I don't remember eating anything else apart from a milk way and a few mints on the flight home. I've decided friday morning will be my weigh in day as that way weekend mistakes wont notice quite so much :blush: Will find out tomorrow if my two days made me sts or loose.

What soups can I make that contain the superfree I need for a meal? I'm not a big soup fan but have made potato and leek and it is one I will eat (the other being broccoli and stilton). I don't eat peppers, not keen on the look of speed soup, but there must be some other good ones I can try. I'm getting bored of having a pile of salad or veg on my plate, I need my superfree 'in' my meal instead iykwim.

Hiya hun :hi:

im not a fan of soups myself but there is apparently a good tomato soup one knocking about somewhere that I can try & find for you if you like?

I made a beef stew tonight that had carrots onions leeks tomatoes butternut squash & sweet potato in & had steamed broccoli on the side so plenty of superfree there :)

maybe try something like bolognese with extra veg in? celery carrots onions & mushrooms work well or how about a curry with lots of peppers onion mushrooms tomatoes etc... thrown in?

you neednt restrict yourself to salads hun xx

I have to be careful of how much veg I put in the food as LO wont eat it if he sees something he doesn't want, I generally put a small amount of veg in and have extra on the side (except my cottage pie is more veg than mince, he eats that if I feed him :rolleyes: )

Will start on the casseroles now the weather is cooler, not sure LO will eat them though. I really cba to cook two meals so have to work around both of us fussy eaters.

I have lost another 2lb though, 7.6lb gone in 3 weeks with a few off plan rocky patches, so I'm happy enough with that.

Can you fry eggs with frylight? If so are they ok or not near enough to frying in oil so best going without?

I fry my eggs in frylight all the time and i think they taste much better as there not greasy :)..i use a non stick pan too

Well done on losses ladies :)

Well i did 3 days of slim fast and was starving so won't be doing that again! back on plan now and for tomorrow i have made cheesy tuna pasta with salad for work and i have a apple and banana as snacks. Also chopped up some celery and cucumber and sprayed a bit of balsamic on it. For tea im going to make chicken with a tomato based syn free sauce and some Mediterranean rice infusion which is 2.5 syns.
Determined to shift the flab!

Does anyone know how many syns are in the heinz squeeze an stir chicken soup tubes? xxx

Hi ladies, how are we all doing?

Iv been like a yoyo! been good past few days though.

Does anyone know the syns in the 2 pack of smoked haddock fillets with mustard sauce from iceland please? just had one for my tea with boiled potatoes and veg an was lovely but not sure about syn value! hope its not loads! lol xxx

Hi AQ :hi:

just had a look at syns online but can't find it so would need the nutritional info

Has anyone tried the Mrs Shahs curry pots? they are syn free & I just had one tonight with cauliflower 'rice' - was absolutely delicious & fab for a red day! xx

Hi Nicky, No i have not tried the curry pots. Are they ambient? i made a lovely lunch today, i did diced chicken, chopped fresh tomato and added a chopped onion and lots of chopped mushrooms with 3 tablespoons of beans in the wok an fried all together in fry liht with a chicken oxo cube added an omg it was lush! deffo making that again as so easy and all ss foods :)

Where is everyone? its soooo quiet on here xxx

Yeah its like a ghost town in here atm isnt it?

the curry pots are just spices blended together that you add tinned tomatoes onions & chicken/lamb etc... to here is the link for them https://www.mrsshah.co.uk/ they're £1.25 each but if you use the code Curry20 you can get a discount (10% for 5-9 pots & 20% for 10+)

I bought 4 before the discount promo started but im def gonna buy another 10 to keep in the cupboards as they are so quick & easy to make & taste lush! they just come in mild/medium/hot & you add different ingredients depending on what type of curry you wanna make with them - recipes are online

I had the medium last night & id say it was similar strength to a jalfrezi so quite spicy - maybe 6/10 for heat but 10/10 for flavour :thumbup: xx

Hi ladies!

Can I rejoin? I lost 7.5 last week, only 4 days between weigh in this week so hoping for 1.5 x

Hi Kimboowee :hi: welcome back & well done on your awesome loss! :yipee: xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->