~~> Slimming World Diet Support Thread 2011 <~~ (Part 2!)

Hi ladies. Can I join? I've been a member of slimming world for 3 weeks and have lost 10 1/2lbs. I LOVE this way of eating. I'm eating more than before and still having chocolate but Losing weight!

Hi ladies. Can I join? I've been a member of slimming world for 3 weeks and have lost 10 1/2lbs. I LOVE this way of eating. I'm eating more than before and still having chocolate but Losing weight!

Welcome and well done on your weightloss.

I lost 2.5lb on Tuesday which I'm pleased with but kinda hoped with it being my first week it would be more. Since Tuesday I've been ill and getting about 4 slices of toast down me a day at the moment so totally gone off plan but can't face any free or super free foods :cry:

I am a brand new SW user...never been before and stupidly excited to get started.
Can I join in?
I hope to lose about 1.5 stone. But my main aim is to do it slowly and healthily, which I have never managed before, I am the heaviest I have ever been at 10stone 7lb and my family and friends wont support me trying to lose any weight as they think I am fine as I am, to me its about how I feel :(

Any support is nice support.

xxx

Hi all, went back tonight after 3 weeks off and iv only put 2lb on, happy with that!

Hi everyone :hi:

welcome to all the newbies

I lost 3lbs this week & got my 4 stone award so im really happy :yipee: xx

Brilliant Nicky :cake: syn free of course.

Gee you are beautiful as you are, but you need to be happy as well and as long as you do it sensibly you'll be fine, I'm always around to support you whatever you do, even if I still think you are a skinny moo :kiss: we need a meet soon. Text me any time hun.

My week has been terrible, my cold has wanted feeding all week and today is the only day that I have gone way over my syns, although there is still time ;) I'll be pleased if I haven't gained this week.

Thanks Lightening,
This is why I want to try and do a programme with you girls so you can make me stay controlled and on track - I appreciate any support.
:hugs:

Congratulations on the weightloss! 4 stone is fab!
xxx

Hi ladies!
I went to my first meet on Wednesday so yesterday was first day on the plan. Had fruit for breakfast, my lunch was chicken salad roll so one HE there and tea was homemade soup with a morning roll so some syns in there too. When I was eating the roll I was thinking I could easily do without this.

My goal is to lose 2st but would love to lose 3 or 4. Will see how I go.

Find myself thinking about food way more than normal. Not even in a 'oh I want this' way but just in general.

Xx

Hi ladies!
I went to my first meet on Wednesday so yesterday was first day on the plan. Had fruit for breakfast, my lunch was chicken salad roll so one HE there and tea was homemade soup with a morning roll so some syns in there too. When I was eating the roll I was thinking I could easily do without this.

My goal is to lose 2st but would love to lose 3 or 4. Will see how I go.

Find myself thinking about food way more than normal. Not even in a 'oh I want this' way but just in general.

Xx

There are some days where i have to make my self have my syns but these are the things that make you loose weight slowly and in a healthy way.

Yea I get what you mean and if you keep having a few treats its easier to keep the weight off.

I hate to say it but tonight is Dominos night in this house and I just cant bear to give it up at this stage, I'm looking at it as if my eating improves significantly every other day then its still a huge change for me as I really do eat the biggest load of crap!

hi guys im in need of some freezable recipes - going to do a huge cooking session tonight so i can actually stick to it! :)

hi guys im in need of some freezable recipes - going to do a huge cooking session tonight so i can actually stick to it! :)

Sounds like a plan! I might actually do this myself one night. I guess Curry, Chilli, Casserole etc would all be good to freeze? Was going to say Lasagne but I'm not sure what pasta is like once its been frozen? xx

iv done some chilli and rice which is now in the freezer - im going to do stew and the base of a cottage pie tomorrow need some more ideas tho :(

i think pasta would be ok but not entirely sure - might give it a go x

You could always just freeze the lasagna meat and then make up with pasta sheets before bunging in the oven?

heres my lunch - the chilli and rice i froze last night (first time freezing rice worked well tho)

387785_10152218480295244_1100243459_n.jpg

prob a bit too much chilli powder but il just sweat the fat out :haha:

stew is in the slow cooker to be frozen later and tomorrow il do a curry to freeze too phew!!

I freeze casseroles, soup, macaroni cheese, cottage pie, bolognaise and chilli. Lasagne would be fine frozen, after all birds eye do it :lol: Mac cheese freezes well so no reason why lasagne won't. Personally I wouldn't freeze rice, it is one of the biggest causes of food poisoning, if it isn't chilled down and frozen asap the bacteria levels will be sky high, likewise if not defrosted safely and reheated thoroughly it could make you ill. But I'm a bit funny about things like that, I won't defrost anything in the microwave (or cook in it, not sure why I keep it really).

Di you girls buy the magazine? I love trying the recipes, otherwise I just end up making the same things over and over! Having said that I made chicken dopiaza from the 'takeaway' recipe booklet, it was horrible!! I followed the recipe exactly but I don't know what happened! Even my hubby said he hated it!! Having said that, most of the other recipes I've tried I have loved so am hoping just a one off!

Weigh in Tuesday, am feeling motivated this week. I looked back over some old pictures of me when I was at my biggest and I was shocked, at the time I never realised why I looked like but I can see now why people keep commenting that I have lost weight. It's a real eye opener, I am going to stuck some of my pics on the fridge so I remember!
What do you ladies do to keep your eye on the prize?
Xx

I freeze casseroles, soup, macaroni cheese, cottage pie, bolognaise and chilli. Lasagne would be fine frozen, after all birds eye do it :lol: Mac cheese freezes well so no reason why lasagne won't. Personally I wouldn't freeze rice, it is one of the biggest causes of food poisoning, if it isn't chilled down and frozen asap the bacteria levels will be sky high, likewise if not defrosted safely and reheated thoroughly it could make you ill. But I'm a bit funny about things like that, I won't defrost anything in the microwave (or cook in it, not sure why I keep it really).

thanks for the ideas! :flower:

oh i defrost everything in the microwave lol mine blew up this morning and just had to go get a new one as i can live without it! :)

i did my food health and hygeine course a few months ago and was told as long as rice is reheated thoroughly its fine to be eaten :)

any one ever made cauliflower cheese using philli? might give give it a go later.

also looking for a nice curry recipe x

Id like a curry recipe too. I've been a good girl today but not had my tea yet. Steak pie from the butchers so hard to calculate syns. I'll call it 10. Lol xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->