~~> Slimming World Diet Support Thread 2011 <~~ (Part 2!)

Thank you.
Its my Day 1 today, I am stocking up on food for the week - has anyone got any favourite meals??
Have had shreddies, natural yoghurt, bananna and a teaspoon of honey for breakfast (1syn) Its really hard to get my head round that you can eat so much! I didnt want breakfast and had to throw some away as it was too much.
Guess thats because its my first day on plan!
The group was great through - really friendly and not scary at all.

xxxx

Glad you enjoyed your group, think it will make a big difference if the people in the group are nice and friendly.

I can't help you with the meals yet, I still need to look for some recipes online.

If you find and good ones would you post them on here? I'll do the same xx

favs in this.house are -

chilli
spag bol
burgers and chip
carbonara
roasts
kebab meat and chips
shepherds pie
pork loins with veg
scotch eggs
breakfast muffins

if you want the recipes il do them later when im on a laptop x

Could I have your burger recipe please. Have never made my own xx

It's worth getting the recipe books from group. They are not that expensive and they have some great recipes. There are also lots online for free but please be careful where you get them as there are lots that say they are syn free but have lots of syns!! Not everyone online goes to group and they can end up getting the recipes mixed up and get labelled slimming world friendly! Really good place to look is on the slimming world website, that way you will be sure the syn counts are correct.
I have tons of favourite meals, I couldn't get my head round the fact that you could eat so much!! I do original plan because I get 2 extra healthy choices and I find that works best for me, I know most people do extra easy!
The best recipe I have made is chicken kofta curry... It's AMAZING! I can't find the recipe right now, I'll try and put it up tomm. it's officially my favourite meal now!
There are lots of seekh kebabs and meatball etc recipes which taste amazing, I'll put some yo in next few days!
Have a good first week, my weigh in tomm morning and I'm not looking forward to it, haven't been very good this week. Must get back on track for next week or won't be doing my stone by Christmas!!!
Xx

burgers -

i use extra lean mince (you can put onions or spices or whatever you want in it) put a babybel in the middle and wrap the mince around in a burger shape and put i the oven or george foreman grill! :)

Yum sounds lovely with the babybel, thank you!

So annoyed at myself, managed to pick up lean mince instead of extra lean this evening at Tesco. Using up syns that could be used for exta yummy accompaniments. Xx

burgers -

i use extra lean mince (you can put onions or spices or whatever you want in it) put a babybel in the middle and wrap the mince around in a burger shape and put i the oven or george foreman grill! :)

Wow that sounds delicious!!! I shall be them on my list to try this week!
Weigh in this morning and i havent been on track this week.....uh oh

So I feel like my first day went well!!
Have attached photos of breakfast, lunch and dinner for you all. :)

Quick question if I am using my Healthy Extra A as 30g of Chedder today if I then wand 100ml of Milk what would I put that as?

Thank you :)

Attachments

• Picture 003.jpg
    Picture 003.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 2
  • Picture 004.jpg
    Picture 004.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 2
  • Picture 005.jpg
    Picture 005.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 4
Ooo yum. Check your syns at the back of your book to find out about the milk xx

Semi skimmed milk is 2.5 100ml on all days. FYI on green and red you get 2 a's and 2b's, maybe not as practical for every day but if you feel at certain times you will need more extras perhaps think about doing a red/green day on that day.

Weigh in today, lost 2.5!!!! Bloody thrilled seeing as I nearly didn't go as I thought I would have put on. Funny how it works, sometimes I feel like I've lost loads and there's nothing to show for it on the scales!! X

That's fantastic!!
I bet weeks like that really spur you on.

I've got my first weigh in tonight. Absolutely dreading it xx

I just made the most amazing soup, curried butternut squash and sweet potato, i might go get me another bowl since its freeeeeeee

I just made a soup myself lozzy! Was just thinking whether to have another bowl...
Mumj good luck at your weigh in!!! Let us know how you do.
X

It is cold, I'm tired and consequently eating everything in sight :( It doesn't help being in the pre mental phase (not a mis spelling ;) ) Generally in the week before AF I need to eat loads. Just had a pack of oddities and a cereal bar (total 8 syns) but can't stop there, I'm still hungry and the last thing I want is fruit :cry:

well done on losses!

had a sneaky weigh in this morning and it showed 3lb loss so hoping for a good week this week - weigh in on monday so we shall see! x

Ooh baby devil, looking good! That will be such notivation if you do 3. I never weigh myself at home now because I used to be obsessed with it, I mean I would weigh every day and then panic!! So now I don't weigh at all and just wait till weigh in.
Lightning I know what you mean with the snacking! Something about the cold weather just makes me want to eat and eat.. Have you made slimming world chips? They are good and FREE, also just as yummy making them with parsnips or sweet potato. Haven't made slimming world ketchup yet by am going to try this weekend, yum! Also good for sweet tooth is mullerlight with choc options stirred in and frozen. Maybe try some new recipes from the website/ magazine to keep you interested.
Have realised if I manage to lose 3 lb this week I will get my 1 1/2 st And my Club 10 next week! That has given me some motivation, nothing is throwing me off this week, am up early to swimming in the morning!
Have a good week girls x

3.5lbs!! Am so pleased. Really needed a decent loss first week I think to keep me motivated.

I don't have scales at home but our consultant really advised against weighing at home as bathroom scales can be inaccurate.

Going to make some lentil soup tomorrow.

Hope everyone is well xx

Well done mumj! So encouraging. In the magazine and on website they have a seven day eating plan, think in going to try and follow it this week coz I really really want my 3lb. At the moment I'm just trying to drag myself out of bed into the cold to go swimming....

Thank Bonnie, I do have SW chips with dinner sometimes, but once LO is in bed I want to eat and don't want to wait, so I grab the cereal bars and crisps. Last night was terrible, up twice to re settle LO before I got to bed and it made me more tired and hungry, I had to dip into LO's jar of mini packs of biscuits and freddo's - bad mummy.

I have plenty of things I could cook and would be less syns but I don't have the will power to wait.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->