~~> Slimming World Diet Support Thread 2011 <~~ (Part 2!)

Id like a curry recipe too. I've been a good girl today but not had my tea yet. Steak pie from the butchers so hard to calculate syns. I'll call it 10. Lol xx

I think 10 syns would be a huge underestimate, pastry is mega synful.

I've just had a google and found some answers for tesco ones on MiniMins, not sure you want the answer so will leave it to you google if you want to :wacko:

Oh :(
I've been so good all weekend as well (apart from Friday)

Not gonna look but will have to be even more good from now till weigh in - no more syns at all me thinks.

Last time I have steak pie for a while then, was so yummy though! Xx

Hi ladies.

Huge welcome to all the new ladies and good luck with plan :)

Nicky- WELL DONE!! You have done amazingly well x

Hi to all the gang x

AFM- I have been like a yoyo as didnt have a great deal of sw friendly food until got paid an did a big shop! lol. Now im back on track. Taking a chow mein deli box to work for lunch tomorrow, think they are 1.5 syns? does anyone know if the fat free fruit yogurts are syn free from lidl? got about 8 for £1.79 i think an they are lovely an creamy buy not sure if syn free. I have stocked up on satsumas and apples as snacks and also got lots of veggies to make a big stew with now the weather is getting colder :)
My wilpower is not great girls so really need some support here an maybe a foot up my backside! haha xxx

mumj google is your friend https://www.slimmingworld.com/recipes/steak-and-mushroom-pie.aspx

AQ afaik fruit yogurts tend to have some syns, I don't have access to the app though so can't check

mumj you need some syns, keep it to around 5 if your trying to make up for something but dont not have some.

AQ you can do it, you just need to give yourself a mental kick up the arse.

mumj google is your friend https://www.slimmingworld.com/recipes/steak-and-mushroom-pie.aspx

AQ afaik fruit yogurts tend to have some syns, I don't have access to the app though so can't check

Thanks. Do you think if i syn one at around 1.5 syns that will be about right? xxx

Crossed posts hun, think they are 2 syns (look up two posts)

I just find things by using google, I wouldn't want to swear by the answers without checking on the app, but it is an ok place to start x

Thanks hun :)

They are nice an creamy an lots of fruit in so don't mind 2 syns on one now an again :) xxx

For those of us working, what do you take for your lunch? :)

I tend to take ham sandwich and a yogurt or tuna or chicken pasta with fruit. Gets a bit boring so taking a deli pot chow mein tomorrow. lol. xxx

Iv got access to a full kitchen so im lucky. Yesterday it was jacket potato and beans, today it was scrambled egg on toast. Some time i take a sandwich,salad or left overs from tea the night before.

Okaydokes will stick to five syns a day for rest of this week, thanks :)

Do you guys tend to use your syns for snacks or in meals? At the moment I'm really using them in meals because until I get more used to this healthy eating I feel like if I use syns to have crisps or chocolate or whatever I'll just want to eat and eat and eat!!

Hope everyones ok and keep up the good work =D xx

Mumj I'm the same as you, I usually use mine for butter/ condiments/ naughty ingredients rather than crisps or chocolate etc, as I don't think I could stop myself!!

For lunch if you want something on the go I often have crackerbread with something. 6 wholegrain crackerbread is healthy b choice and have pastrami/ham/cold meats with it and tomato etc. I tend I do original plan as it means I get double the healthy extras so I tend to use 6 crackerbread as one and 2hifi/alpen bars as the other (good for snacking) or pitta bread also.

Saying that I had a crap day yesterday and am expecting to put on next week, just can't seem to find motivation. Wanted to lose another stone my Christmas but not going to happen unless I get focused!! X

I'd love to lose a stone by Xmas Bonnie!

I've never really put on any weight apart from with pregnancy so this is the first time I've really had to lose weight. Is it likely I will notice a difference if I lose a stone? Or do I need to try and get a couple off before I'll see a difference?

I'll be really gutted if I've put on this week as I've cut my snacking down to zero, just had a couple of bad meals but still a huge improvement from my normal eating.

Xx

I try to use no more than 5 in my food and that leaves me with some for a treat, i normally get the peanut hifi bars as a treat on a night with a cup of tea.

good luck geebug!

AQ - i have access to a kitchen so usually jacket potato/pasta/leftovers ect

doing well have had just breakfast and lunch (been too busy to think about snacks lol)

not sure whats for tea but im sure theres something in the freezer! x

Facing group tonight after being absolutely awful these past few weeks! I was in such a good place and doing so well until my lo's got unwell and I really struggled and couldn't seem to get myself back on track! Xx

Admiral Well done for going to group! I have to drag myself there if I've been bad, dread the scales!!! My weigh in is weds morning, not looking forward to it!
Mumj yes am hoping to lose a stone by Christmas, if I do 2lb a week I should do it a couple of weeks before but am giving myself some leeway because I know I won't do 2 a week!!
I've lost over a stone since I started, I have definitely noticed and other people have too but I think it depends how much you have to lose. Don't judge it by yourself or people that see you every day, when you see someone you haven't seen for a while and they will notice the difference!
I used to get depressed if I had only lost 1lb when I had been trying so hard, but our consultant brought in a replica of 2lbs of fat... It was huge!! Couldn't believe it, it really is a lot of weight although it doesn't sound like it.

Geebug good luck!! The first week is the best as you will lose the most, think I lost 5lbs my first week! But only if you stick to the plan lol
Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->