~~> Slimming World Diet Support Thread 2011 <~~ (Part 2!)

Thanks Bonnie11

LB can you prepare anything in advance that you can snack on of you feel hungry? I made a big bowl of chicken and mayonnaise pasta the other day and ate it through the day. It was only two syns using two tablespoons of mayo.

Xx

Had another good day yesterday!

Breakfast – Natural Yoghurt, Grapes, Strawberries and tbsp of Jam (1syn)
Lunch – Noodles, Chicken, Cauliflower, carrots and broccoli with piri-piri sauce (4syns)
Dinner – Omelette with chicken and 30g Cheese, Rocket and Baked Beans and 100ml Milk (1.5 syns)

Today isn’t going to go as well as I forgot my amazing lunch I made, had to stop at Tesco and get a vegetable soup which looks to be 9syns! Means I can have my lunch for dinner, Falafel, Rocket. Spinich and Cous Cous nom!

Have good days everyone!!

Think Thin!! :)

LB if you know you want to snack in the evening you can plan your day to acommodate it, make you food as syn free as possible, i try to use no more than 5 in my meals and dont waste your B choice on break. Back of quavers 4.5 syns and a hifi bar as your B choice will give you the feeling of snacking with out going over your syns.

Lozzy I do make my days as sin free as poss, normally by the time I've eaten my 3 meals I've used 5-8 syns, sometimes less. I have french fries crisps at 4 syns a bag and cereal bars at 4 syns each. The trouble is in the week before AF I can't stop snacking. For the other 3 weeks generally I have a cereal bar and/or the crisps plus my random day syns and don't go over my 15 if I've been good I can sneak in a options within my syns too, it is just this week.

MumJ I might make up some tuna pasta later, I know when I've made it before I keep going back for a small bowl which is better than eating LO's treats at least :blush:

Where do you all find the best place for bags of salad? I get the one with lettuce, carrot and cabbage usually. I bought a coop bag reduced to clear as on its last day a couple of weeks ago and it lasted really well, I bought one from s'burys this week, last day on it today but it was all mush yesterday and not great the day before.

Is there anything you make and leave around that you can grab quickly? Are you more a sweet or savoury snacker? I have a ton of recipes, I'll look one out for you. Snacking is my pitfall too! I always have carrot and celery sticks coz I love them! But often I'll snack on leftover dinner if its syn free, or save my hifi b choice for evening. One of my favourites is frozen mixed berries, 1 min(ish) in microwave, crush up a meringue nest (3 syns-ish, check size and manufacturer) and mix together... So yummy! And sometimes I add a cherry/ strawberry mullerlight and its like an eton Mess, IT'S SO GOOD!!
Xx

Mmm just made gorgeous butternut squash soup. Although it was a bit thin after I liquidised it so boiled it to thicken and now it has lots of white things floating around in it =| xx

Does anyone else struggle using their Healthy Option A?!
I could eat B choices all day long but A is hard...

xxx

I hardly ever have my a!! I don't like dairy really, apart from a splash if milk in my tea once a day I don't have any.
I try and eat a few muller light a week for some calcium tho.

I generally don't have my HEA unless having omlette or jacket spud, then i use the cheese for it. If I haven't had used it with a meal I have a chunk of cheddar in the evening. I've done that so many times I can within 1g cut the right amount of cheese.

Bonnie I'll snack on sweet or savoury but won't use artificial sweetener as anything I make would be shared with LO. I won't eat muller lights as I don't like the taste of sweetener, I did try the greek style ones, but half went out of date and in the bin. I could do meringue and greek yogurt though. There is never left over dinner, I batch cook and portion each meal into dishes with enough for me and LO to share for one meal. Part of my problem is I eat too early for me, but being on my own I'm not going to waste electric cooking twice so we eat together. LO also isn't very reliable going to sleep, some nights he is asleep on the boob in minutes, others it takes a couple of hours by which time it is too late to cook. I try to cook and eat natural stuff as I share all meals with LO, if something I want has ingredients in that I couldn't buy myself I don't buy it. We don't 100% stick to that but I do try 97% of the time. All that waffle boils down to yes please for recipes with natural ingredients.

Well done on all the fab losses this week ladies :yipee:

I lost 0.5lb but im ok with that coz ive been poorly & drinking cough medicine (which is full of sugar) like its going out of fashion all week

Those of you who struggle to use your HEA - try having a milky hot chocolate before you go to bed <3 (Cadburys options are 2 syns & there are loads of yummy flavours) xx

https://i930.photobucket.com/albums/ad148/lozzy22minx/IMG_2751.jpg
That is how much weight i have lost, Iv literally lost Niamh in weight:wacko::happydance:

Im poorly today - I have a real upset stomach and cramps :(
I just cant face my breakfast :( What should I do??
Fabulous losses girls - well done
xxxxx

Lozzy you made me laugh!! Sometimes our consultant brings in examples of weight, ie she brought in a bag that weighed 10lbs yesterday which was so heavy, and said if we worked hard we could lose that by Christmas! It opens your eyes when you see how much weight you are losing, even if it only looks like 1/2lb on the scales. Well done lozzy, you can see exactly how much you've lost (plus your daughter is cute!)

Geebug don't worry about breakfast if you have stomach ache, can you eat something like a banana or something plain? Piece of whole meal toast or something?
Am going on a recipe hunt later so shall post some of my faves tonight or tomm. Went swimming yesterday and am going again on Monday to try and kickstart my 3lb this week, really really want my club 10 next week. Resisted chocolate last night even though hubby was munching his way through a box of thorntons grrrr... Told him to get them out of my sight!! Bloody men.

Have a thin Friday everyone!
Xx

Girls for all you butter lovers out there have you seen Lakelands Butter Buds?
They are basically powdered butter that you sprinkle over jacket pots or whatever and they turn to butter but better!
They come in a big pack of 2g sachets and per sachet is 1/2 syn, you will only need one.
Haven't done any cooking with them yet but they tasted fine on some pitta bread earlier!
Xx

made some 'scones'

305507_10152235176815244_472332236_n.jpg

good with soup or as a savoury snack - free x

I lost 2lb this week which is flaming amazing considering how crap some of my days have been (or rather nights). I've probably put it all back on again today though as been out all day, had bakery lunch and takeaway dinner. Back to it tomorrow though (well technically today now I've seen the time).

Lozzy I was thinking I was getting close to losing my LO's weight, it is amazing when you think of it like that (also agree she is cute).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->