• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

~~> Slimming World Diet Support Thread 2011 <~~ (Part 2!)

Hi girls.
Well done on the losses.

I am back on plan today but struggling as one of my closest friends Kelley, died on Monday. We were friends for 27yrs and she was one of my bridesmaids. She would of been 34 next wk and leaves behind two children of 11 and 6 ;(
I am determined to try an stick to plan. Need the focus but hope i don't go off the rails with chocolate and alcohol like i usually do with grief xxx

I put on half a pound this week.

Africa queen i'm so very sorry to hear about your friend!
Can you try some mediation or anything like that? let yourself grieve properly and try not to cope by repressing it with food and alcohol but actually let it go.
if you slip up on the plan, don't beat yourself up, just stay again the next meal.
X

AQ Im so sorry to hear you have had bad news :(
Be easier on yourself, a couple of days off to help and then back on plan, sometimes a break really helps.

I lost 2.5 at group last night...look at my ticker!! :happydance:

So sorry to hear about your friend Africaqueen :hugs:
I weighed myself this morning and I was 18.10 :wacko: Not sure if I'm weighing myself incorrectly!
I feel like I've done ok this week though, it was very tempting as we had a few reps in and they all brought cupcakes and brownies! Tomorrow I'm going on a cupcake decorating course though so will have to keep being good :winkwink:

Hey ladies, thinking of joining my local slimming world next week. Just wanted advice on what i can expect etc. How much weight has everyone lost in a period of time? Thanks x

Totally lost it today. I had a day out with the family in York. We went to splash world and ended up in Frankie and bennies for tea!! Soooooo bad. I don't think any amount of cardio will burn off what I just ate lol.

:( xx

devon it really does vary from person to person. I had 4 stone to lose, I lost the first stone in 6 /7 weeks, the second took another 12 ish weeks and not got as far as the third yet. I have lost 2st5lb since sept, I followed SW at home with the books I bought of ebay until Jan, then joined group as I put on a few over xmas and couldn't get motivated again. So far at group I've lost 7.5lb. On your first visit to group the consultant will go through the plan with you and give you all you need to get going. Good luck.

Well I lost the plot!! Missed group as I was too scared to get weighed lol. And the lady who runs it rang me last night haha. Dreading going to get weighed next week. Ohh and I was only 1.5lbs away from my stone :(

I weighed myself this morning and I've now lost 11lb since I started 2.5 weeks ago :D
I've never stuck to anything before and feel really good that I've actually managed to lose something. I have a looong way to go but my work clothes already feel better on me!

Update on my last post, I weighed myself earlier thinking I was gona have put on about half a stone... I've miraculously lost half a pound :/

Hi ladies,

Please can I join your thread? I am doing SW for the 6th time!!!!!!! Have done it on and off for about ten years. I started at group 8 weeks ago and have lost 1 stone 3.5lbs. I have about 7 stone to lose from the start of my journey to comfortably within my healthy BMI. That seems a very long way off so I am concentrating on little goals, I have 3.5lbs to my next 1/2 stone and 6.5lbs to my Club 10.

I also have a mad craving to eat everything around me at the moment (except free food). I think I am off to make my second baking tray full of SW chips now before I destroy the chocolate and crisps in the cupboard instead.

Some great losses ladies!
i'm being strict this week, trying to lose 4lb to get my club 10.
Xx

Hello, I'd like to join in too please :). I've started Slimming World again to lose my baby weight, I did it 2 years ago and lost 2.5stone which I managed to keep off. Then I got pregnant and went a bit mad with the carbs :), I gained about 4 stone altogether, perhaps more as I didn't weigh myself for the whole 9 months or for a month afterwards. I was ill and hospitalised shortly after labour which got rid of a lot of the weight, when I started Slimming World at the end of January it turns out I had 3st 3lbs to lose.

So far I've lost 8lbs which isn't great for 6 weeks really but I'm focusing on the fact it's just coming off. I'm finding it so much harder this time, night feeds are the worst for snacking and being tired makes me want to drink full fat lattes :)! I don't really have time to cook either but I know it's all about changing habits and making time. It felt so good to be at target before.

Anyway, I've rambled enough, sorry. I'm here for support and to offer support :) x

Hello hoping you can help me..

I want to make the slimming world bailey's cheesecake tomorrow, it says that you need 4 tbsp of baileys but i dont drink baileys so dont want to spend a fortune on a bottle just for a recipe if that makes sense, so can i buy a cheaper alternative, would the syns be the same with the replacement, it will still be an irish cream liquor but the morrisons cheap version :)

Weigh in tonight.

I lost 2.5 :)

Got my stone award and have now lost a total of 15lbs in 5 weeks :)

Hi ladies, please may I join you? I joined Slimming World 2 weeks ago, today was my second weigh in and I got my half stone award :) x

Wow everyone is doing great! I am weighing in tomorrow, AF was due to start last week on weigh in day (fri) so she screwed my loss a bit, then arrived 6 days late so the evil cow has got me this week too. Also, the take away curry with nan bread, rice and a starter, 2 slices of pizza and a family bag of maltesers from the weekend may turn up! Have been staying away from home all week so I have no scales to jump on to give me an inkling of the horror I may be letting myself in for.

I went back to basics counted syns measured hex was good every day and only lost half a pound :(
Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->