• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

~~> Slimming World Diet Support Thread 2011 <~~ (Part 2!)

3 off this week :) got my 2.5 stone award and a total of 36lbs lost :)

23lbs to go!!

Excellent!! 3 off for me too... 1/2 a pound off my half stone! Nearly stripped naked to get it!

Well done for the losses ladies!

I weighed myself on digital scales and they had me at 11 st 4 which is what I started at, or so I thought! Oh well I know I've lost 5lbs, even if my scales were off on my exact total weight lol!

Can I just ask something I'm confused over.....dried fruit has syn value, such as raisins and dried banana, I've been eating fruit and fibre for breakfast and using it as my HEB. So how are there no syns in it when it has raisins and dried banana? I know that it's my HEB but surely that's just the flakes that are the fibre part?? Or is it just that there are so few raisins and bananas etc that its not worth counting the syns?

Well done for the losses ladies!

I weighed myself on digital scales and they had me at 11 st 4 which is what I started at, or so I thought! Oh well I know I've lost 5lbs, even if my scales were off on my exact total weight lol!

Can I just ask something I'm confused over.....dried fruit has syn value, such as raisins and dried banana, I've been eating fruit and fibre for breakfast and using it as my HEB. So how are there no syns in it when it has raisins and dried banana? I know that it's my HEB but surely that's just the flakes that are the fibre part?? Or is it just that there are so few raisins and bananas etc that its not worth counting the syns?

Lol, yeah I see what you mean...I actually forgot about fruit and fibre! Yeah I think it's such a small amount it's negligible. I always use my hex for cereal,it's such a habit!! It's so unfair that bread has so many syns!

I know, I've ended up cutting bread out completely really, but I also have IBS which can be triggered by too much bread anyway. I have to say in Asda at the weekend I was almost drooling at the smell of freshly baked bread lol! Might have to allow myself some lovely bread when I go out for a meal next week!

No me neither! I'm the same with everything though, can't just have a little bit and e satisfied so its best I have none at all lol.

I'm starting sw on friday when we get back to Wales :happydance:

I can't get to group as hubby's job means he has to have the car on the nights that I should be at our local group. So I'm going to do it via the internet and weigh myself every friday :D

Seriously can't wait to get started again and get this weight shifting while we get back to ttc properly again :wohoo:

Raisins/dried fruit can be used as B so the amount of fruit and fibre you can have is calculated accordingly :thumbup:

Ahhh I didn't realise they were also counted as HEB, thanks!

And hi Emmy! :hi:

:hi:

Has anyone come across the magic pancakes yet? I'm trying them in the morning so hopefully they'll start making a regular appearance in my food diary as I'm always stuck for hexb ideas :D

https://emsyjo.blogspot.co.uk/2013/02/slimming-world-syn-free-pancakes.html

:hi:

Has anyone come across the magic pancakes yet? I'm trying them in the morning so hopefully they'll start making a regular appearance in my food diary as I'm always stuck for hexb ideas :D

https://emsyjo.blogspot.co.uk/2013/02/slimming-world-syn-free-pancakes.html

I think I'm the only person in my group that couldn't eat them as they were nasty lol. Every one else thinks they're delicious! X

Ps I always use my B on porridge :) every morning lol. Porridge packed with banana and berries xx

I think I'm the only person in my group that couldn't eat them as they were nasty lol. Every one else thinks they're delicious! X

I wasn't keen on the magic porridge people were saying about, hopefully these will be different :D

Well ladies after having an extended holiday break off plan resulting in a 2lb gain (cannot believe it wasn't more!!)
As of yesterday I am back on plan 100%
I do SW from home as I work till 7pm most nights and its too hard to find a group near me that has a meeting after that time!
I'm going to be posting my meals on Instagram and hash tagging slimmingworlduk! When I was on plan last I found it really helped me! X

CakeCottage that sounds like a really good plan :) I bet that 2lb gain is going to be long gone very soon :hugs:

Ladies, I've just tried the sw pancakes and used a vanilla mullerlight and omg they were delicious. When they were cooking they actually smelt like doughnuts off the seafront :o Quick question though ... they filled me up fairly quickly and I had to throw a bit of one away as I had lots of strawberries too. Do we still HAVE to have 1/3 superfree with every meal? I can't remember if I read somewhere that this was the case or not :) If we didn't have to have it with our meal, I'd make sure one of my snacks during the day was superfree veg or fruit xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->