• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

~~> Slimming World Diet Support Thread 2011 <~~ (Part 2!)

I fell off the wagon and can't get back on!

I havent tried hard for 4 weeks and I still lost a half pound then another 1lb,I really wanted to lose 2st by august bank holiday when we go away but thats still another 1.5lbs off and this week I have had kebab,pizza and donuts :-(

I feel like bingeing big time!

I am feeling exactly the same! For the last 3 weeks I keep flipping between being so good and loving doing slimming world to completely falling off the wagon!
I seem to be ok being good 5 days of the week but then the two days (usually my df's days off) I just can't do it! I've still managed to lose each week except one but its only been 1lb or half a pound!

I just can't seem to focus!

Same!
Each week I tell myself I will have one day off then afterwards I never seem to be able to stop eating.
When I am strict and I lose more its such a good feeling but then so is enjoying nice food :blush:

Lol, exactly, I see the nice foods and just think oh just eat it lol!! Then as soon as I have eaten it I feel bad and wish I hadn't lol!

Just weighed myself though and I've lost 2lb, but it's not the end of my week yet. I'm supposed to weigh in on Fridays so I've still got 2 days to mess it up!!

really enjoyed my first night, and this is my first day at it and so far so good.

I'm on this thread somewhere, but I've completely fallen off the wagon :( (it might be more apt to say I've eaten the bloody wagon actually) I'm out of control, my eating has never been this bad and my self control is out of the window. I'm hoping by coming here I can keep a handle on things.

I'm currently 12st 7lbs, I've lost 1 stone since weighing myself for the first time, post baby, in January, thanks to Slimming World. I think I gained about 4 stone altogether because I lost a lot straight after having LO due to being ill. Now I'm saddled with the rest that won't budge because of my horrible eating habits and my inability to stay away from junk food. I had a huge wake up call when i saw an old friend today, she has got back into her pre pregnancy clothes after 3 months. My LO is almost 9 months, today I was wearing my maternity jeans, which are snug. I used to use the phrase "9 months on, 9 months off" but that no longer applies. Soooo, I need to get back on the plan. I'm really disgusted with myself.

Please add me, I'm 12st 7lbs, my target is 10st 3lbs (which was my pre-pregnancy weight) and I'd like to achieve this by December. My weigh in day is Thursday.

Nice to meet you all :)

Hi!! :flower: don be so hard on yourself. It's very easy to gain weight and extremely difficult to lose it!

I lost 1 1/2lb on thurs so 2 till my stone...dunno if it'll be this week as I ate lik a pig yesterday but back in full swing today.

first weigh in tonight and I've lost 7lb!!!! I know you always lose more the first week but I don't feel like I've starved all week like on diets in the past. fingers crossed I have a good loss next week.

Wow well done raven!! That's an awesome loss!! How many syns a day have you been having?
Have the rest of you found that there is a certain amount of syns that works better for you? Coz I feel really bad if I have 15 syns in a day!

I'm getting disheartened this week coz I've been super good and I stupidly weighed myself midweek (fri is my weigh day) and I had gained a pound. Which really annoyed me coz I had been so good (or so I thought!). Then I had a burger :shy: and I would say I felt bad after but I didn't coz it was delicious and totally worth it.
As long as I continue being good hopefully it won't affect my weigh in too much!

STOP WEIGHING EARLY!! It does no good for the mental state!

I only lost 1 1/2lb last week so need 2 this week for my stone. Can't see I though as I've been picking at dds leftover crisps and sweets again when my willpower had been amazin before.

Wow well done raven!! That's an awesome loss!! How many syns a day have you been having?
Have the rest of you found that there is a certain amount of syns that works better for you? Coz I feel really bad if I have 15 syns in a day!

I'm getting disheartened this week coz I've been super good and I stupidly weighed myself midweek (fri is my weigh day) and I had gained a pound. Which really annoyed me coz I had been so good (or so I thought!). Then I had a burger :shy: and I would say I felt bad after but I didn't coz it was delicious and totally worth it.
As long as I continue being good hopefully it won't affect my weigh in too much!

ive been having between 5 and 10 but more towards the lower end really. i weight myself off and on throughout the week just to see how im doing im a weigh addict

Me too raven lol! Need to stop though, scoobys mummy is right, it does no good lol!

Plus I keep telling other people that sometimes you see the effect of a good week in the following weeks so I know I shouldn't pay too much attention and just keep going!

I usually have about 7-10 syns a day (with usually one bad day l) maybe I should look at having a day or two of less syns.

I lost another 3 this week so 9lbs gone in 2 weeks! :) hoping to get my stone award in 2 weeks time then I just have 2 stone to go.
To get a good weight loss I need to stick to 5 syns, I get an ok weight loss if I have max syns which I'm still happy with.
I do need to step away from the curly wurlys! Lol xx

Hello :hi:

I hope you don't mind me joining in on your thread, I only joined Slimming World on Monday of this week and was finding it quite difficult to understand, I think I am getting the hang of it a little bit more now though, I am doing the Extra Easy plan, can't wait to see this weight drop off :happydance:

Good luck to everyone else on your Slimming World Journey's :D <3

Hi Excalibur, I thought it was quite hard to understand at first but once you get the jist it's really easy.

Although making sure you get the right syn values helps unlike me who has just discovered I was counting kit kats as 4 syns but it's 5.5 argh!!
I don't understand that though coz one syn is supposed to be 20 calories, a kit Kat has 107 calories, but a packet of wotsits has 98 calories and is only 4 syns.....or maybe I've got that one wrong too!

Don't think I will have lost a lot this week, not been brilliant again lol! Although I was so proud of myself today, I went to the bakers to get df some pasties and I was sooooo tempted by a cheese and onion pasty or a yummy looking Bavarian slice, but I didn't get one yay!!

Baileybubs - Hiya :hi:

I am starting to get the hang of it a little more now, I don't always have all my Syns everyday though, most of my meals are syn free.

Eeeks, I'm sorry to hear that you thought they were less Syns than they actually were, I did that with a flavoured porridge, thought it was Syn free or very low Syns but found out once I had eaten it that it was 10+ Syns! :dohh:

There are a quite a few things that are confusing about the way Slimming World works, I think so anyway.

Yay! Well done for resisting temptation, that's great :thumbup:

Scooby's mummy - I'm sure you will get there very soon, I can see how it must be aggravating though :hugs:

Aw scoobys mummy don't be disheartened, you'll sail past your stone target next week! Sucks though when there's only that little bit, for me I want to get below 11 stone and its taking forever (mainly coz I being so crap lol!).

And Excalibur I did that too!!! I bought some symmingtons porridge just before I started SW thinking that it was healthy but it's about 15 syns lol! Df keeps shouting at me for not eating half the cereals I had in coz they are all so bad!

Hi Excalibur,
I may be wrong coz I only just started SW a couple of weeks but could you weigh out your porridge and use it as your healthy b option?
It may still be a couple of syns coz its flavoured but I certainly wouldn't think it would be 10?
Could anyone else help out?
Scoobys mum that must have been so annoying! Half off your stone award though! That's gotta feel good, your so close! Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->