• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

~~> Slimming World Diet Support Thread 2011 <~~ (Part 2!)

Hi Excalibur,
I may be wrong coz I only just started SW a couple of weeks but could you weigh out your porridge and use it as your healthy b option?
It may still be a couple of syns coz its flavoured but I certainly wouldn't think it would be 10?
Could anyone else help out?
Scoobys mum that must have been so annoying! Half off your stone award though! That's gotta feel good, your so close! Xx

I was wondering that as well admiral but I've never found a clear answer. I think there are loads of sugars in them or something though so have just steered away from them.

If noone knows you could maybe ask your SW consultant to take a look? Porridge is such a good thing to have for breakfast so it would be a shame to miss out if you could actually have it! Lol!
xx

Baileybubs - You would have thought that porridge would be healthy wouldn't you as it's just oats? Oh dear, I'm sorry to hear that :haha: Maybe your DF can eat them then they don't go to waste? :thumbup:

Admiral765 - Hiya :hi:

I just bought the plain porridge oats and weighed those out instead of having the flavoured porridge. Thank you for your suggestion though.

Plain porridge oats Are fine, 35gms is a healthy extra b.
Flavoured porridge oats are finer, more processed so aren't free,they used to be I think but they changed it.

Hi everyone. I'm now a member of slimming world. I've been on WW before so it's going to take a while to get this plan into my head. Determined though

Gutted, I knew I'd been bad this week but I put on 2lbs!!! Not amused!
But onwards and upwards, it's given me the motivation to stop messing about and crack on with this properly!!

Scoobys mummy - That's exactly what I did, used the 35g of porridge oats as my healthy b :haha:

Bababall - Hello :hi:

Good luck on your Slimming World journey :flower:

Baileybubs - I'm sorry to hear that you put on 2lbs this week, I'm sure you will lose it again in no time :thumbup:

Soooo, I lost 8lbs with Slimming World this week! So so happy! Was my first week too, woohoo!!!!!! :happydance: I will be getting my half a stone award next week as my Consultant forgot to bring them this week :dohh:

My consultant is lovely and bubbly though, she came up to us at the end and asked how I was doing etc as she didn't ask me infront of the group as it means speaking up and she knows about my confidence issues etc :blush:

Don't worry Baileybubs, you sound very determined so it will soon come off!

Omg Excalibur, that is soooo amazing! Well done! You must be thrilled :)

3rd week weigh in for me last night and I lost 3lbs :) total of 12 lbs! Going for a 2lb weight loss next week to get my stone award!!! xx

Well done admiral and Excalibur!! You are doing fab!!
8lbs in a week is awesome!
Admiral I'm sure you'll get your award next week Hun!

I fell off the wagon well and truly! I have sciatica and on Sunday morning I bent to pick Emilia up from her cot and my back just went! I trapped a nerve I think and I spent the day in so much pain, I could barely move but I had Emilia to look after all day so I had to force myself to move! Consequently I felt sorry for myself and failed miserably and just ate whatever I could grab which included ryvita a with cheese, Special K bars and kit kats yikes!!!

I have done this too many times now, I've given my head a wobble and I'm back on it officially from tomorrow (not today purely because my df is off work and he wants to make homemade pizzas, which will be so synful I can't even begin to count lol).

Admiral765 - Thank you very much and I am so pleased! :D

Well done on your weight loss too, you are doing amazing! :happydance: xx

Baileybubs - Thank you very much :D

Eeeeeks! I'm sorry to hear about your sciatica, hope you feel better soon :hugs: xx

Hey everyone...got my stone sticker :happydance:
Who knew that a tiny blue sticker on my book would feel sooooo good!!
16.5lb so far so 2lb into my next target!!

Well done scoobys mummy! Yay for your sticker and doing so well!!

I have been looking at more fun things I can make that are low syn and syn free and it's making me really motivated! I made a gorgeous curry sauce that's syn free yesterday! So if I feel like being a but naughty I can make syn free chips and have the curry sauce with it, it will all be syn free but I will still feel like I am being naughty!

I've also found that buying ready grated cheese helps me keep within the amounts allowed.

My worst times for being bad are in the afternoon, as I have lunch at 1-2pm then don't have tea til Emilia is in bed at about 6.30-7pm so I get really hungry.
I got some stuff in for syn free snacks like seafood sticks, fruits and veggies etc, and loads of bachelors super pasta and rices. But is there anything else anyone can suggest?
I eat loads of fruit as it is and I don't think an apple satisfies my appetite, whereas the super pastas and rice are filling but take time to make (even 10 mins is hard to find somedays with Emilia!) so is there anything I can get in that I can just grab?

Scoobys Mummy - Well done on your stone sticker! :happydance:

BaileyBubs - That is what I have started doing, buying cheese that is already grated, so much easier for weighing :D

Typical isn't it? I started Slimming World a couple of weeks ago and I have just found out that I'm 5 weeks pregnant with baby #2! I know I can still do SW whilst pregnant but I'm worried that the 8lbs that I lost, I may put back on! I was naughty and weighed myself today and I haven't lost any more :cry:

Awwww congrats Excalibur! Were you ttc?
That will be a lovely age gap too, that's what I am hoping for as we will be starting ttc at Christmas (which is why I am wanting to lose this weight before we start!)
Brilliant news Hun, h&h 9 months to you!

I would speak to your consultant about continuing, I think you are allowed more syns hehehe!

Scoobys Mummy - Thank you very much :D

BaileyBubs - Thank you very much, we were going to wait until December to TTC when Tyler turned one but we had 1 night which we were naughty and..this is where we are, it was planned, just a bit earlier than expected :D Yeah we have always wanted our babies close together in age, there will be 17 months between them. I'm sure you'll do great with the weight loss :thumbup: Thank you ever so much :flower:

Yeah I will have a word with her on Monday, I think I'm allowed 2 HE A and 2 HE B rather than one of each :thumbup:

It's all very quiet on here! How is everyone doing?
Well I had a week off week before last but managed to maintain which was good considering what I had!
Back on it straight away though last week and hoping to get my stone award tonight. Fingers crossed xx

Maintain on Thursday here too...but am emptying my freezer to make room for lovely casseroles and currys and stews for he winter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->