~~> Slimming World Diet Support Thread 2011 <~~ (Part 2!)

I am veggie and use quorn all the time, I love it and even my meat eating hubby loves it, its filling and not greasy!!! I make all the meat things on the red days so they are for EE and green!!

Morning girls :)

ER-Well done hun! that's a fab start. Bet ur glad you stuck with it now eh? ;-)

As regards the quorn mince i have used that often and if you add some oxo or magi cube to give it a bit more flavour it is nice :)

I cant rem if asda's own version of the dried quorn in the packet is syn free? you just add water i think. If that is free il stock up on monday :)

Has anyone got any good plans this wkend?

I am not doing much. Been coaching in work the past few days and im shattered. Plus AF has arrived before. I got weighed again an im still STS but hope to lose 4lb this wk.

Not had brekky yet but think il have golden syrup porridge (1.5 syns as il count porridge as healthy extra and the flavoured one brings it to a 1.5 more than plain one)

xxx

great start ER

Any one no how many syns in a muller corner low faT greek style yog - summer fruits ? x

omg i weighed in this morning (sneaky one) and I gained nearly 2 lbs from the day before :growlmad: Then I noticed AF was here :roll: Prob wont lose this week now :( My WI is on Monday. How fast does period weight go?

omg i weighed in this morning (sneaky one) and I gained nearly 2 lbs from the day before :growlmad: Then I noticed AF was here :roll: Prob wont lose this week now :( My WI is on Monday. How fast does period weight go?

I was wondering the same Blah!

AF got me this morning too and i still feel mega bloated.
Been good today on the plan and going to have steak with syn free chips and salad for tea. Had a funsize milky way before and going to have a few glasses wine later to deaden my cramps, so probs use about 30 syns today but i dont care. I feel miserable and i have been paid early so time to get out the pub with dh for a change! aint been out for wks and wks with him xxx

i went out to nandos for lunch. had half a chicken with spicy rice and corn on the cob (avoided the chips :)) but had aout a pitta breads worth and houmous :dohh: Nevermind!

tesco are doing 4 mullerlights for £1!

Right its been a good day on the food front..but my af seems to have turned up which I am not happy about at all. (TMI possibly) I had the implanon put in November, and since then all I have had is like a month of no bleeding and now its all started again!..:growlmad: I hope it dont last too long this time, it doesnt seem to have affected my weight loss though because like I said Ive lost 3lbs but dear God, I was not happy to see this af at all! :growlmad:

Todays Menu...(Ive put this in my journal as well..:blush:)
For breakfast I had, Two slices of wholemeal bread with 2 extra light dairy lea triangles instead of butter. I had bacon in it, without the fat and 1 egg. All cooked in fry light. I had a small dollop of beans on the side.

Lunch - Muller Light Yogurt... ( Not much, but been feeling a bit under the weather..with flu)

Dinner - Matthew is currently making Slimming World Chicken Curry as we speak..with rice looks delicious!

Drank lots of water today..

Snack: 2 finger KitKat 5.5 syns, which I will have after tea (Total 5.5 syns for today)

Exercise 20-30 mins Ministry of Sound Workout DVD.

Oh and my consultant emailed me today, with some yummy lunch ideas...will copy and paste now..xx

LUNCH BOX IDEAS

If you have access to a microwave at work an easy option is to put out an extra portion when cooking dishes that can be reheated such as chilli con carne, spag bol, casseroles, hot pots etc to take with you for lunch. But failing that here are few ideas:-

Boiled eggs
Mug Shots
Chicken, bacon and potato salad
SW quiche and salad

Chickpea dahl and rice Asda tinned Chickpea dahl and Sundar chickpea dahl (available from Morrisons) are free on green and extra easy.

Tuna pasta salad Mix together tinned tuna in brine with cooked pasta shells, sliced leeks, chopped cucumber, pickled onions and capers (optional) cherry tomatos with 2 tbs of fromage frais and 1 tbs of extra light mayo (1 syn) then season with a few splashes of lemon juice, worcestershire sauce and a few pinches of all purpose seasoning, mix well and chill before eating!

Mexican Salad (Serves 2)
1 tin kidney beans
1 tin Sweetcorn
Chopped red pepper
Spring onion
Chilli powder to taste
Mix together with LF fromage frais
Serve on bed of lettuce, cucumber etc

Mixed Bean & Cheese Salad (serves 1)
1 tin mixed beans in vinegarette
Cucumber
Spring onions chopped small
Cherry tomatoes halved
Salt & pepper
Mix all together
Add 20g Mozzarella cheese (3 syns) sliced into very small pieces on top

2 x Ryvita wholegrain crackerbreads (2 syns) broken up into about eight pieces each so that they resemble a bag of crisps, to go with these lunches.
Follow the lunches with a few piece's of fruit - apple, grapes, cherries, pear, banana whatever.

Low Syn Tinned Food
Morrisons Sunsar Chickpea Dhal, canned 400g can Original 14½ Green/EE Free
Morrisons Stewed Steak in Gravy, canned 425g can Original/EE Free Green 24
Sainsbury's Vegetable Ravioli in Tomato & Herb Sauce, canned 400g can
Original 16½ Green/EE Free
Sainsbury's Premium Extra Lean Stewed Steak in a Rich Gravy, canned 425g can
Original/EE Free Green 24
Sainsbury's Vegetable Chilli in a Rich Spicy Sauce with Red Kidney Beans, canned 400g can Original 9 Green/EE 2 Syns
Free & Easy Chick Pea & Vegetable Curry, canned 400g can
Original 8 Green/EE Free
Free & Easy Three Bean Chilli, canned 400g can Original 10 Green/EE Free
Heinz Meat Free Ravioli in Tomato Sauce, canned 410g can
Original 15½ Green/EE Free
Crosse & Blackwell/Branston Branston Vegetable Ravioli in Rich & Tasty Tomato Sauce, canned 410g can Original 16½ Green/EE 1
Crosse & Blackwell/Branston Branston Beef Ravioli in Rich & Tasty Tomato Sauce, canned 410g can Original 16½ Green/EE 2
Asda Smartprice, Vegetable Curry, canned 392g can Original 5 Green/EE 1½
Asda Good for You, Beef Madras, canned 400g can Original/EE 2½ Green 15
Asda Smartprice, Beef Curry, canned 392g can Original/EE 4½ Green 11
Asda Chick Pea & Vegetable Curry, canned 400g can Original 13 Green/EE Free
Asda Great Stuff, Vegetable Ravioli in Tomato Sauce, canned 200g can Original 7½ Green/EE ½
Asda Mixed Bean Salad, canned 100g Original 4½ Green/EE Free
Asda Ratatouille Provencale, canned 390g can Original/EE 1 Syns Green/EE 1 Syns
Asda Chick Pea Dahl, Mild, canned 400g can Original 15 Green/EE Free
Morrisons Curried Beans with Sultanas in a Curry Sauce,canned, Original 4 Green/EE Free.
Morrisons Curried Mixed Beans, canned 100g, Original 5 Green/EE 1
Tesco Baked Beans & Pork Sausages, canned 100g, Original 3½ Green/EE 1 Syn.
Tesco Value, Baked Beans & Sausages in Tomato Sauce, canned 100g
Original 3 Green/EE 2
Tesco Stewed Steak with Gravy, canned~ 410g can Original/EE Free Green 23½
Tesco Baked Beans & Vegetarian Sausages in Tomato Sauce, canned 100g
Original/EE 2 Syns Green/EE 2 Syns
Tesco Hot & Spicy Mixed Beans, canned per 100g Original 4 Syns Green/EE free

She also sent me some mullerlight stuff..

Mullerlight Yoghurt, basic varieties - SYN FREE
Apricot
Banana and Custard
Cherry
Mandarin
Peach
Peach and Pineapple
Raspberry and Cranberry
Rhubarb
Strawberry
Toffee
Vanilla
Wild Blueberry

Mullerlight with Chocolate Sprinkles
Orange Yoghurt Sprinkled with Dark Chocolate - SYN FREE
Vanilla Yoghurt Sprinkled with Dark Chocolate - SYN FREE
Vanilla Yoghurt Sprinkled with Dark Chocolate and Black Cherry Underlayer - 2 syns

Mullerlight Limited Edition Yoghurt
Lemon Cheesecake, 175g - 1 syn

Mullerlight Inspired By Yoghurt
American Cheesecake, 165g - 1 syn
Strawberry Cheesecake, 165g - 1 syn

Mullerlight Layered Yoghurts
Blackcurrant and Raspberry - 1.5 syns
Peach and Passionfruit - 1.5 syns
Strawberry - 1.5 syns

ER - that is a great start! and those lists are helpful.

Well today has been a good day.... lots of cleaning done at home and a 30-40 minute walk with Megan.

I had strawberries for brekkie.
2 slices of wholemeal nimble (HEB), a fried egg (but i only eat the yolk!) and 4 button mushrooms cooked in fry light for lunch.
And Quark, spring onion and garlic stuffed turkey fillet wrapped in spinach and parma ham (1.5 syns) with roast potatoes and parsnips (frylight) and greens, green beans and carrots. And dessert was a fat free shape zero yoghurt.

HEA as usual is milk in tea.

My dinner was lush gonna post the recipe for the turkey in a bit.... mmmmmm.

xxx

hi,im a newbie to this site, im on the slimming world diet, and love it,so far lost 1stone 10 pounds, need to loose another 16 pounds before my husband comes home from afghanistan! had a really rubbish day to day,had a bug binge!!:cry:

Stuffed Turkey Fillets - serves 4 - half a syn per serving

You will need...
4 Turkey fillets
4 tablespoons of Quark
2 Spring Onions
2 Cloves of Garlic
Handful of Spinach
Pinch of Black Pepper
Fry Light
4 Slices of Parma ham (or bacon without fat if u want it syn free)

Slice your turkey fillets down the side so they open like a pocket.
Mix you quark with chopped spring onions and crushed garlic.
Spoon the mixture into each turkey fillet and close the fillet over.
Place a few spinach leaves on top of the turkey breast, and wrap the parma ham or fat free bacon around the fillet.
Spray with fry light and sprinkle with black pepper.

Bake on gas 6 or medium oven for half an hour..... Enjoy! :pizza:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Welcome Sullyswife - wow thats an amazing loss! How long have you been doing slimming world for now. xxx

Omg I'm Sooooo full! I can't seem to be able to eat as much these days, I feel like I'm forever eating and I left some of my lunch and dinner today... Very unlike me :lol:

Today I've had

B- bacon, egg and mushroom sandwich with 1 syn for the spread. A big satsuma
L- low fat supernoodles packed out with chicken, sweetcorn and mushrooms
D- chill with rice and wedges. Muller light and 2finger kit kat for pud at 5.5
Snacks- grapes and another satsuma
Total syns- 6.5

This is a pretty average day for me foodwise tbh :thumbup:

you had your kitkat as well kayleigh..:winkwink: I had two portions of my chicken curry, I know its free but I felt really guilty having the extra portion but I had no lunch today..

Yeah I feel guilty for eating big portions too.... even though its free food! x

Hiya girls x hope your weekend is good x
Breakfast today was omelette with red pepper, spring onion & cherry toms & then an apple x
Had an alpen bar for lunch (so full after breakfast)
Dinner was beans, syn free chips, 2 poached eggs & mushrooms done in fry light x
Had a treat as well tonight seeing as I never use that many syns, so dh bought me a cadbury boost x tbh it was ok but nothing worth shouting about lol x
Snacks I had a sugar free jelly & an orange x might have my other aplen bar now x

Evening ladies, welcome sullyswife!! I am a forces wife too!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->