~~> Slimming World Diet Support Thread 2011 <~~ (Part 2!)

LoraLoo - what about a slow cooker - we cook spag bol with pasta in ours and its delicious! They are soooooo cheap now too.

I used to think they were for old couples! Now I love.... you can cook jackets and everything in them!

xxx

We have a slow cooker, but never done spag bol in it, as i wasnt sure how it would work without browning the meat first. Do you just chuck everything in? Didnt know you could do jacket potatoes in them either :dohh:

Yeah we just chuck it all in! No need to brown it. We cook it on low for 8-12 hrs or high 5-7 hrs. xx Will dig out some recipes for ya! x

Yeah we just chuck it all in! No need to brown it. We cook it on low for 8-12 hrs or high 5-7 hrs. xx Will dig out some recipes for ya! x

Make sure its extra lean mince or quorn otherwise its very fatty. we use quorn lots and cook it for a little les time x

Baked sweet potato houmous

Syn free on EE

You need...

2 small sweet potato
2 crushed garlic cloves
juice of one lemon
400g tin of chick peas - drained
salt and pepper

To make...

Preheat oven 200'c/400f/gas 6

Cook sweet potatoes in skins until soft to touch

Scoop potato from skins into bowl, discard of skins

Add chickpeas, salt and pepper, lemon juice and garlic to the bowl. Add 2 tablespoons of water and mix.

Add to food processor and blitz.

Serve with veggie crudites or HEB alternative.

For LoraLoo...

Jacket spuds in slow cooked

Prick spuds all over, wrap individually in foil.

Put in slow cooker, no water. On Low for 10 hrs if I remember rightly.

x

I usemy slow cooker for loads and the everything tastes fab!!!

Wow well done Kayleigh thats fab!

I have been so crap, so yesterday I did a day on cambrdige diet to make up for all the sh!t I have eaten for the last 5 days...
I am going to weigh myself again tomorrow lol, hoping then I can class myself as stayed the same for this week! :blush: xx

Nervous I wouldn't worry too much, we all have time off plan at some point!!

I am having quiche, chips and baked beans for tea!!! Can't wait!! Then Raspberries and fromage frais!!

Im having goan fish curry for dinner, slimming world style. I bought ALL of the sw cookbooks..:lol: If anyone wants the recipe let me know..

That sounds nice ER!! I keep meaning to buy some of the books! I will treat myself at group next week!

i'm really struggling with eating enough on this diet. I'm never hungry really. So far today (I've been awake and active for 12hrs now) I've had some pineapple, a mullerlight and 2 alpen bars and an orange and I'm really full :shrug: So much so I don't want dinner at all.

I cant wait till that happens to me blah, so far I still look forward to my meals. Id still get a salad in or something just to keep your cals up because sometimes the opposite can happen. You stop losing weight as your body tries to conserve all your energy, a bit like a defence mechanism. Dont go below 1200 cals a day, if your below that your body is starving.

I have had a clementine, yogurt, banana, pasta n sauce, 2 alpen bars, quiche, chips and baked beans!!

Im going to start filling up more on the superfree foods I think..

Thanks so much for those recipes! :flower:

I actually bought some chick pea's today thinking of making some hummous, wasn't going to google a recipe but that sounds gorge! Deffo give that a bash, and the spag bol too, will make life alot easier! XXXXXX

I wish I had that problem Blah, that'd just do me for Breakfast :haha:

Thanks everyone :) well done on your loss AQ :thumbup:

I've well and truly treated myself today with a Kfc and an aero caramel :haha: I find having a treat day after wi really helps me to get stuck in to the week ahead though, I think I'd Deffo fall off the Waggon if I didn't!

Kayleigh I have the same!!! Mine is after WI on Thursday I have a cake and some chocolate!!! Helps me to focus on the week ahead and gives me something to look forward to!

Glad it's not just me :haha: just cos were dieting doesn't mean we cant treat and reward ourselves hey x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->