~~> Slimming World Diet Support Thread 2011 <~~ (Part 2!)

Monday :) I like doing things on a fresh week lol

Oh my gosh, Lliena! That's amazing, especially in just five weeks! :D

Welcome Amy Lea!

I'm just making the SW lasagne. I was rather proud of myself today, I had a couple of hours to kill in town while Lucas was seeing his Dad, so I went for a coffee. I bypassed all the lovely flavoured coffees and cakes and went for an Americano and bowl of fresh fruit! :happydance:

Here's the recipe for the Swiss roll girlies :)

Syn free roulade

FRUIT ROULADE - 0.5 SYN FOR THE WHOLE CAKE

a lady from my group made this roulade and fetched it in it was gorgeous.

1 TUB QUARK
4 EGGS
1 TSP BAKING POWDER
4 TBSP SWEETNER (I ADDED LOT MORE LOL)
VANILLA ESSENCE (OR ANY)
FRESH FRUIT

SEPERATE THE EGGS

ADD THE YOLK, HALF THE QUARK,*
BAKING POWDER, SWEETNER AND ESSENCE INTO A BOWL, WHISK TOGETHER AND SET ASIDE.*

WHISK EGG WHITE TILL STIFF. WHISK HALF INTO THE MIXTURE THEN FOLD IN OTHER HALF.

USING A SWISS ROLL TIN SPRAY WITH FRY LIGHT ( I PUT GREASPROOF PAPER IN FIRST THE SPRAY SO DOESNT STICK) POUR THE MIXTURE IN AND BAKE AT*
180 FOR 15 - 20 MINUTES. LEAVE TO COOL

IN A DISH ADD REMAINING QUARK ,SWEETNER, AND ESSENCE AND MIX TOGETHER.*

REMOVE THE CAKE FROM TIN WHEN COOL SPREAD THE QUARK EVENLY, ADD FINELY CHOPPED FRUIT (STRAWBERRY AND BANANA MY FAVE). ROLL THE CAKE FROM ONE END. SLICE TO SERVE.*

THE WHOLE CAKE IS ONLY HALF A SYN AND THATS THE BAKING POWDER. CAN ALSO ADD CHOC OPTIONS SACHET FOR FLAVOURING. WHEN THE CAKE COMES OUT OF THE OVEN IT WILL HAVE RISEN LOADS BUT WILL GO VERY FLAT WHEN COOL LOL I THOUGHT IT HAD GONE WRONG FIRST TIME I MADE IT BUT WAS LOVELY.*

Wow I haven't logged on since Wed eve and its gone crazy!

Welcome Amy Lea, Im Wishing and Shampain.

Well done to al the girls on their losses. Those of you that have been poorly or not on plan 100 percent on plan this week - well done too, cos you have still done well.

Good willpower too girls... Kate on that fruit and americano and Reedy on leaving those treats! I also resisted mcdonalds today and had my leftover casserole with 2 slices of nimble. And then this eve had dins in tesco cafe and chose a baked potato with salad and tuna mayo - no idea on how much mayo so gonna guess 4 syns.

Lliena - wow! well done. mine is now 2 slimmer of the week and my 7lbs sticker - even though i have lost 14.5lbs i wont get my sticker for a bit cos i lost the first 6lbs online!

Keep up the good work girls xx

Thanks for the welcomes :D

Just having a bag of malteasers with a cup of tea (9.5) & had skips after my tea (4.5) so accompanying my spread (0.5) I have used 14.5 syns today but I had a nice treat and it's Friday :happydance: Had 11 yesterday so never went right up to my limit so I don't feel too bad.

Been invited for pub lunch with my friends tomorrow so gunna have an extra easy day and have a steak, jacket potato and salad. Wonder how many syns would be in a serving of peppercorn sauce?! For tea I am going to attempt the Chicken tikka masala out of the magazine , quorn for Darren but meat for me as I really enjoyed my chicken tonight; I'm turning into a carnivore again :rofl:

Darren has used the same amount of syns today as me too, so he is sticking to it too :happydance: I just know he will end up losing more than me and I will cry :haha: Oh yeah, don't think I mentioned in here, just my journal..my OH Darren joined class with me too, which is making me more determined as he isn't taking me off track!

Wow..essay! Get used to it..:winkwink:

Sounds like things are going well Amy-Lea!

My OH Ian does SW too. He goes to group and I don't, but with us both doing it together it makes it a lot easier as we can eat the same things and we don't have to worry about taking the other off track - which I kept doing before I decided to get back into it on Tuesday :blush:

Today I've had:

Breakfast: Huge bowl of fruit topped with a Muller Light (All Free)
Dinner: Cous Cous Mugshot (2 Syns) and 2 Alpen Light bars (healthy b)
Tea: Chicken and SW chips (All Free)

Wispa and apple as a snack, and 250ml glass of milk for my healthy a :D

Do you find that your OH loses more than you even though you have similar diets?! All the men in groups I've been lose like 5-7lb a week and I'm like :shock:

I'll let you know in a few weeks! I've only got back on plan (I did SW last year for 2 months) on Tuesday. I'll be weighing myself next Tuesday to see how I've done. OH went to group last night and put 3lb on :shock:

We also still live apart right now, moving in together in 2 months, so during the week we won't necessarily eat the same things. And the reason for his gain was the weekend we spent in Edinburgh last weekend :dohh:

Aw, I think its lovely your both doing it with your OH's. Really good support and trying not to kick each other off track.

My OH is useless, he loves junk food and eats like a pig! Makes it very difficult to eat healthy when the fridge is full of junk.

So I have decided to cook SW only and if he doesnt like it, er make ur own!
x

Good theory firstprincess, no point cooking 2 meals. And like you said, if he doesn't like it, then he can make his own!

Yeah it's really getting my OH down. When we got together he was 13stone and FARRRRR too thin because he is 6ft5' and he worked at a football club so was playing at least a few games a day! Now he works in a school as a SWO and is 17st9' luckily for him and his height he isn't 'fat' his face and belly have just gone a bit chubby but nothing drastic. So he is getting on this diet with me and we he is looking for a job as a PE teacher instead now as he is nearing the end of his degree thingimibob.

Welcome Amy-lea x

My DH isnt doing SW but he is making a few changes with me like sweetner instead of sugar in tea & having poached eggs rather than fried & using frylight instead of oil x

My mum made an Eton Mess last week from the new Jamie Oliver 30 minute meals book & it got me thinking that you could easily have it on SW x
Heres my recipe for it x

2 mini tesco meringue nests - 1.5syns
1 Strawberry Mullerlight Yoghurt
Strawberries
mush it up & you have Eton Mess for 1.5syns yummy x

Today I've had
B) 28g Sultana Bran & milk (HEb)
L) Tin of spaghetti hoops
D) 2 Birds eye waffles, 2 poached eggs & beans (total 5 syns for waffles)
snacks - a pear, shape zero yoghurt & a sugar free jelly x

Shopping came today & got lots of yummy fruit - pineapple, apples, oranges, Bananas & got some pears left over too x

I actually weigh more than my OH now, although to look at us you'd say he weighed more. I hold my weight well, and I'm a size 18 which considering my weight is really good. OH is 17st 6 I think right now, and his clothes are actually big on me (I nick his t-shirts and hoodies regularly when I'm slobbing about the house :haha:)

My OH wouldn't do SW either :( He doesn't really need to diet anyway, just give up the beer!

That's what Darren needs to do switch his pints and Vodbull to Vodka & diet coke.

I however have bottles of WKD which are 13 1/2 syns a bottle :dohh: I start off on Vodka and Diet Lemo in the pub but in town they don't have diet lemo and then it gets busy so I get bottles to save me spilling it :( I HATE vodka and diet coke too. I was also shocked to discover vodka was syn'd :shock: deffo wont be counting on a night out!

My oh does SW with me too :) he doesn't really need to lose any weight, so follows it a little more loosely than I do, but it's great to do it together for the support :thumbup:

Wellll I'm coming down with a cold :(

Lucas has it, my mum caught it and now I can feel it coming on. I hate being ill! My mum has gone tooootally off track while she's been sick though - I am vowing not to!! I can't afford to after last week.
Sooo I've just been in the kitchen and made a BIIIGGG pan of chicken noodle soup - it's so yummy! I even put some chilli and a bit of mustard powder in, just for a bit of oomph while I'm not well :D

If anyone wants me, I'll be huddled up under my duvet :cold:

I agree, it does make it easier if your OH does it with you. Ant is doing it more or less to a T with me. He's been quite surprised how nice the food it and Ive converted him onto quorn sausages:thumbup: I only buy quorn sausages now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->