~~> Slimming World Diet Support Thread 2011 <~~ (Part 2!)

Yeah Jac Quor sausages are nicer than the lowfat syn free ones in my opinion. And they are usually on offer somewhere.

Aw Kate, hope you feel better soon. Chicken soup should help.

I hae started my day with a mass clear up! And now just sitting down for a cup of tea and spaghetti on 2 slices of nimble. Nom Nom.

xxx

Hello! I've just joined up to slimming world online this morning, and am feeling pretty optimistic. I'm 12 stone currently, and my target is 9st 4. I'm veggie, so from what I understand I'll be on the green or extra easy plan all the time? I've just done an online food shop, which will be delivered tomorrow, and I'm surprised actually at all the things you can eat freely. Fingers crossed this will work! :D

Welcome! I would say you'll be doing Green days mainly if you're a veggie.

The amount of Free foods shocked me when I first started SW. I have to say I love it because I'm never hungry, which is a big help in stopping me reaching for the junk to snack on :thumbup:

Green it is then! You know, I've just made lunch, and I looked up what I was going to have (beans on toast) but as we only have white bread in at the moment, at a shocking 8 syns per slice (!!!!), I made beans with pasta and a huuuuuge pile of salad instead, and apparently that all counts as free food. And the bowl is piled higher than my normal dinner bowl! I could seriously get used to this!

I think I will have to stock up on tiny chocolate bars though, as chocolate is my one massive vice...maybe if I allow myself a freddo a day that'd be fine. Is there anything that has less syns than a freddo?

Not sure. I can't live without my chocolate so I have a Wispa each day - that's 11 syns :thumbup:

I have been in the pub today for lunch with the girls; I resisted a starter while everyone else had one I just sipped my diet coke constantly haha I got a steak (free) jacket potato (free) peppercorn sauce (4.5syns) and then I had half of a pudding with my friend (rasberry eton mess) I have no idea how many syns that will be but hoping it's under 10.5 that I have remaining.

For tea I am going to have salad, jacket potato & beans (free) wont have used HEb today but I will have a cup of tea before bed for a bit of my HEa milk allowance!

Everyone was drinking wine and kopperberg and I stayed on the diet coke, then we all decided to go it, but now I'm home and thinking I'm gunna let them down, it's my first week and 4 syns per vodka is baaad as I will have loads and when I'm drunk I'll end u[p on wkds and go through maccies on way home :rofl: really must resist for my first week. Hopefully I can drag them out next week.

Hello girlies!!
Having a weekend off plan, I feel I need to enjoy some lushious calorie filled foods!! Be back to plan on Monday!!

Welcome Mrs Eleflump. Will look into the low syn choccies for ya. My friend has a choc from the celebrations tin every day .... they are tiny so its just enough for a taste. I cope with a options hot choc every now and then cos they are only 2 syns - and when u havent had any for a while its like choc overkill! they taste sooooooo sweet!

Becs - we all need an off plan time, enjoy!

xx

Well done Amy Lea - that lunch sounds yummy and you should be ok for syns. You can be flexible with them and still lose weight.

Me today...

HEA milk in tea
HEB nimble x 2 and spaghetti - brekkie
lunch - jacket potato with cottage cheese pineapple and salad
dinner - salad and butternut squash rissotto and a shape zero

gonna snack on fruit now xxx

Mrs Eleflump .... a freddo is 5 syns! A curly wurly is only 6 for the whole thing! and if u freze em they take ages to eat.... nom nom .xx

Thanks FirstPrincess!

The other thing I like is the boots shapers strawberry nougat bars, I looked them up and they're only 4 syns, woohoo! :D

When you're making a recipe from scratch, e.g. I made 'cheesy bean burgers' from the BBC good food website, how do you work out what's what? Do you just add all the ingredients to your food diary, or do you need to find out the nutritional info? Probably a silly question, but I'm not sure!

Another crap day!

Mullerlight and alpen bar
SW chips
4 slices of french bread with ham and 2 vienesse whirls :dohh:
chicken and potatoes and peppers

:( I hope I STS on Monday.

It's only really your bread you've done bad on isn't it, surely the whirls will go in your syns and the rest will fit into a extra easy day?

I doubt it will of done much harm :hugs:

Yeah Blah that sounds ok - you should still be in your syns. There are a few of us suffering at the mo. I just splurged on another mullerlight and a hi fi bar at 6 syns .... and craving everything in my cupboards!

Mrs Eleflump I just work out what is free and what needs to be syned and record that. I used to write every ingredient down - but sometimes its just crazy! So after a while I just write what I ate ie - creamy mushroom pasta - all sf or f and then what is syns in the syn column.

I love those yoghurt bars too - glad they are only a few syns.

xxx

Oh and Mrs Eleflump.... if you use the syn calculator online to work out something from nutritional info it wont take into account that anything in it is free or superfree food so will make these syns too.

For example my pasta dish would be about 30 syns! But all I needed to syn was the parmesan because the rest of the ingredients are free.

xx

Evening ladies :flower:

I've come to bed to ignore the Whispa's in the fridge that are screaming 'Eat me, Eat me' :nope:...Im starving and I need to go shopping as there is only naughty stuff left in the house!

Has anyone got any idea's for some low syn, or free....snacks? Apart from fruit and Mullerlights :dohh:

Blah, I think you will be fine :hugs: at least you are counting what you are eatiung, rather than just thinking 'bugger it' and gong mad, like I do :dohh:

Hope everyone is well

Lora xxxxx

Lora - a brill snack idea someone at work gave me is green beans. Get the whole ones frozen, throw a bit of soy sauce on them and let them defrost. They're yummy! Or mugshots, some of them are free. Or syn-free chips! Yum!

So I have had a bit of a funny tummy..this week..:wacko: scales don't seem to be moving so i guess it seems to he holding onto my fluids. I've done no exercise since wednesday. Having a real down day, this dieting lark is hard.

Don't weigh yourself everyday hun, yesterday mine said I was 3lb heavier than today! Just stick to once a week weigh ins otherwise seeing it not move for a day or two might mke you want to be bad cos you think its not working whereas if you weighed yourself once a week and saw it going down it keeps you on track :hugs:

Afternoon girls. What are we all going to be eating tomorrow then?! 3 course meal for Valentines?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->