~~> Slimming World Diet Support Thread 2011 <~~ (Part 2!)

YAY brilliant, shall we limit a daily syn intake...like no more than 8 syns? Exercise needs to be for at least half hourly daily. We need to make sure we are filling up on superfree foods..for at least one meal a day too.

I lost 5lbs in one week by sometimes just doing 15 mins exercise in the morning. xx

Well I'm back after spending 4 days with my OH, and I've also fallen off the wagon this weekend. We went out and had a roast dinner Sunday, and a Chinese last night too, plus OH bought me a really cute Me to You bear valentines cake, so we ate that too. We did make our own SW chips to go with the chinese though instead of ordering theirs though.

I weighed myself this morning, and unbelievably I have lost 4lbs! Think the weekends naughtiness will catch up with me next Tuesday when I weigh myself though :nope:

Well done on losing the 4lbs hun xx :happydance::happydance:

Count me (and Darren :haha: ) in on the 3lbs loss in a week, ER. My first weigh in isn't until tomorrow but as of then I will deffo be aiming for 3lb by the 23rd Feb! :thumbup:
Me and my friend had a pact to lose 7lbs by Sunday 27th Feb (my mums birthday day out) and I lost 2lbs healthy eating and have had this week and next week to lose 5lb! Hopefully I will of lost tomorrow and defo will try for 3lbs if it is a competition :winkwink:

Right girls, who is up for a little challenge to lose 3lbs in 7 days minimum. Exercise will need to be involved but you can do anything. We need to get our mojo back, and I am up for it if anyone else is? Oh and I reccomend buying the 100 extra easy days book. 100 meals planned out, breakfast lunch and dinner. Im starting from page 1. :lol:

I'd like to be in on this! It is only my first week, and I don't feel any difference at all yet (I'm resisting weighing myself as I know it won't tell me anything useful)...I'd love to lose a few lbs by Saturday (weigh-in day) but I'm really really worried I won't, as it really does not feel like I'm 'on a diet'!

I've already done a 1 km swim this week (Sunday), hoping weather will be good enough to get out for at least two runs before Saturday, and another swim Saturday morning!

I'm up for the challenge!

Well done girls on your losses.

And AQ .... lots of hugs to you and your family xxxxxxxxxxx

Ok, well day 1 will start tomorrow girls. Obviously your all going to do your weigh ins as usual. But this weekly challenge will run until next Wed..We all need to come back and say how our day went, and what we ate and what exercise we did. If you dont like exercise all in one go, I reccomend breaking it up. 15 mins in morning. Then another 15 mins after you put the baby to bed or something and it can really make a difference.

When you post what you eat, please total up your syns and how many portions of 'spaghetti bolagnaise' you had e.t.c

Maximum 8 syns? (What do you all think about this?)

That still gives room for a kitkat, and some foodie type syns like butter e.t.c

I think I'm gunna go out and get drunk on Saturday and I am limited with exercise due to my knees and back troubles :blush: but I am gunna try being syn free until the weekend and hopefully still be in running for the target of 3lbs. Hopefully a night of dancing on saturday and walking about 2 miles in heels will burn a few vodkas off though!

Well its a day off from college tomorrow, so I am dropping my little girl to the childminders at 8. Going to run down Sainsburys, and do a weekly shop. Come home, sort out ipod...and then go to the gym.

Anyone interested in Couch25k?

https://www.nhs.uk/Livewell/c25k/Pages/couch-to-5k-plan.aspx

Ive downloaded the podcasts, you do 'runs' 3 times a week. Well, walk, run, walk run...it trains you..so that after 9 weeks you will be able to run for half an hour without stopping.

Im starting mine tomorrow.

i might borrow OHs phone and start c25k. im really unfit LOL

also - had another bowl of pasta and a mullerlight. Really don't want my metabolism to slow so gotta keep eating :)

EternalRose, I'm doing something similar to train for my 10K run in the summer, I'm going from nothing to 10K in 6 months, using the run-walk technique at first til I get my fitness back, but as I usually run on my own in the evenings, I don't use earphones, I just go with what my body can handle! I started off doing this 5 years ago when I first took up running and it's an excellent way of improving your progress :D I stopped running for a while due to injury (not running-related), and have only irregularly run for the past 3 years...giving it some welly now though, signing up for a 10K does wonders for your motivation!:haha:

When I was running regularly in 2006 I lost rather a lot of weight - I would thoroughly recommend training for a Race for Life if you want a goal to work towards :happydance:

On an unrelated note, how often would you ladies say a 'flexible syns day' is allowed? Mine and hubby's favourite meal (pasta bake, garlic bread, wine) adds up to about 25 syns, and we're used to having it (without wine if a school night) once a week or so...is this too much? Maybe I should look into different garlic bread, as that seems to be the main culprit...maybe I should buy packs of individual slices so I can have just one or two rather than a half-baguette?!

I used to love running firstprincess, but now I have lost all my fitness completely. I have bookmarked the race for life. Will definately do that, and book a race after my 9 weeks is up..:flower:

Once a week flexisyn day sounds fine to me :)

I will be doing the 3lb challenge starting fri for me as thats my wi an i will be weighing in next fri or i get obsessive with the scales! lol.

I will be using my wii fit for 30 mins a day as my exercise. I hoping for a STS on fri as i have been a pig this wk :-( just finished off some coconut mushrooms and no sweets coming in house now, so back on plan frm tomorrow, hoping for STS on fri and then doing my challenge! woop woop xxx

ER that sounds like a plan!! I am up for it!! I would like to have the same week I had at my first WI!! Lost 6lbs!! I really need to get into gear!! I am back into my walking now so I have no excuse!!!

LETS GET THIS FAT OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The chicken tikka masala tasted nice but I think it was a bit too powdery, I need to make it more saucey next time.

Also Eliflump, garlic bread is my weakness. I have been using wholemeal baps cut in half out of my healthy extra and just syning some flora light and mixing garlic salt in with it and grilling! Fabulous, just liek a nice garlic ciabatta/bread, put a bit of cheese out of HEa too!! :thumbup:

I'll have to try that, Amy-Lea, thanks!

Argh, I am so stupid! I woke up feeling pretty good, so I thought, why not just hop on the scales quickly? And I know I've only been doing SW for 4 days (this is my 5th starting now) and I haven't even lost an ounce! I'm so frustrated, thought I might have started to lose a bit by now? I've been so good all week :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->