~~> Slimming World Diet Support Thread 2011 <~~ (Part 2!)

It catches on my throat and makes me do that shuddery thing you do when you swallow a tablet or a strong drink! Raaaank.

:wave: Hey girls!!
Well done on the losses, and Mon DONT YOU DARE GIVE IN LADY!!! I need you all swish and sexy for BP in just over 5 MONTHS!! :hugs:

My WI is tomorrow and I'm going to the 9.30 am class before Ive eaten so much as fresh air :rofl: . I have a good-ish feeling so I'm keeping fingers crossed that I have lost those pesky 2 lbs I gained from water and a butty plus maybe 1lb more:haha: FX for me!!

If Ive got to 11.4 I will get my stone award! yay!! I was 11.3 1/2 this morning so I'm hoping those WI scales will be good to me!

1lb lost here :happydance:
8lb lost in total now x I really need to try harder though as the last few losses have only been a pound & i'd like it to be at least 2-3lbs like you girls get x

Well done Reedy!

I'm doing bvetter this week. Yesterday I had some choccy buttons, but that's it Syn wise, everything else was free except for my healthy a and b :)

Today I've had 2 Alpen light bars (Healthy b) and 2 banana's for breakfast :thumbup:

Ok well I am back from WI..a 2lb+ gain, which is what I expected. I feel OK about it though now as I havent been for two weeks and done no exercise, but I have only got healthy food in now so it should be a good week. Hoping for a big loss :)

Breakfast - Scrambled egg and bacon with fat cut off.
Lunch - Strawberries & Mullerlite Yogurt
Dinner - Probably will be shepards pie and veg.

Hello....i am new to this thred and new to SW, which i started on Monday- EEK! I had my beautiful baby boy on the 19th Jan this year and having looked at myself in the mirror it appears my ass, tummy, thighs and hips have been surgically replaced by a ten ton woman! So i am embarking on a new weight loss adventure with my starting weight off 11 stone 7 pounds and my target goal of 9 stone 7. I can't really afford to go to the groups so i am doing this with my friend and we are spurring each other on! My first weigh in is next tuesday so fingers crossed i'll have at least shifted a pound! xx

I lost 4 and half pounds :yipee: and ive lost 11 and half pounds all together! hoping to lose 2 and half pounds this week so i can get my stone sticker next tuesday :thumbup:

If someone has a spare 5 mins can they explain to me how SW works? I've been stuck at the same weight for 5 weeks on WW (after losses on week 1 and 2) and wondering whether I should change as it doesn't seem to be working very well for me. Is it counting food/points like WW?

Nope if you do extra easy plan you can have as much lean meat,pulses,pasta,potatoes,rice.eggs as you like as long as at each meal you have 1/3 of your plate full of super free food(fruit and veg). Then on top of that you get two healthy extras a day an A and a B these are things like cereal/bread/rivitas for B and milk/cheese for A. On top of all of that you are allowed between 5/15 syns a day for bad stuff like choc/wine/ketchup/mayo etc :)

Thanks Lliena, I think that sounds easier than what I am doing at the moment :hugs:

Yep it is tons easier than having to count every single thing you put in your mouth lol!

It's definitely loads easier than WW. I didn't like the thought of only being able to eat so many 'points' so I went with SW and love it as you can eat as much as you like of the free and superfree foods so I'm never hungry :)

Hello all :) You all sound like you're doing great this week, I hope I've done as well when it comes to my weigh-in on Saturday!

I have a question re one of the recipes on the SW site that I want to cook tonight - it says it's 3 syns but I can't see how?! Here it is:

Macaroni Cheese Bake

information

Serves: 4
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Syns per serving:
Extra Easy3green3*
(*Add 6 Syns if not using cheese as a Healthy Extra choice)
ingredients

6 spring onions
2 garlic cloves
8 cherry tomatoes
454g/1lb cauliflower
170g/6oz cheddar cheese
2 eggs
142g/5oz dried macaroni
Fry Light
500g pot fat-free natural yogurt
1 level tsp Dijon mustard
salt and freshly ground black pepper
method

1. Prepare the ingredients: trim and thinly slice the spring onions; peel and chop the garlic; halve the tomatoes; break the cauliflower into florets, coarsely grate the cheese and beat the eggs. Boil the cauliflower and cook the macaroni according to the packet instructions. Drain and set aside.

2. Preheat the oven to 220ºC/Gas 7. Spray a pan with Fry Light and cook the spring onions, garlic, tomatoes and cooked cauliflower for
2-3 minutes. Add 100ml/3½fl oz water to the pan and continue to cook for 4-5 minutes until the water has been absorbed. Stir in the pasta, toss to mix well and transfer to a shallow ovenproof dish.

3. Prepare the topping by mixing the yogurt, mustard, cheese and eggs together. Season well, pour over the pasta and cook for 15-20 minutes until bubbling and golden. Remove from the oven, allow to stand for 5 minutes and serve.

Now, being on Green, I will probably adjust quantities of milk and cheese so they fit into my healthy extras A + B, and rather than yogurt I think I'll use Quark, which is free on Green. Are the syns from the mustard??? That's the only thing I can see that looks like it could have syns! Please help me! It would be so useful if they could tell you where the syns come in so you could alter the recipe if you needed. I don't *have* to as I've only used 5 today, so I have plenty room for 3 more, lol, but I'm not adding syns if I don't know where I'm eating them!

Didn't manage my low-syn day yesterday, the Thornton's got the better of me. Managed to stop at 15 syns though! Am back on track today, and did 50 lengths in the pool (1 km) after work, so feeling quite pleased with myself.

Hope you all had good days! :D

Yeah it will be the mustard hun, mustard powder is free but actual mustard isnt :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->