~~> Slimming World Diet Support Thread 2011 <~~ (Part 2!)

Well done Reedy and LandN!

Welcome to kellymomma and what a beautiful baby u have!

Well i have been good today. Had pork chops with sweet n sour mug shot for tea with cabbage. Was sooo tasty! having a mullerlight and fruit now :)

Want to see 4-5lb off by fri but who knows! i hope for that but im happy with any loss. I knw i have been good. Going to make mre effort with the gym next wk as i will of came off my antibiotics then and they are making me drowsy xxx

Yeah it will be the mustard hun, mustard powder is free but actual mustard isnt :)

Thanks Lliena, good to know :D Good job I have mustard powder, lol!

That's a lot of syns per tsp for mustard, isn't it - as it's one tsp for 4 servings, and 3 syns per serving, it must be 12 syns per tsp! Seems rather excessive to me...but then, a lot of things have shocked me over the past week and a half re amount of syns, talk about having my eyes opened to how unhealthy my supposedly healthy diet was! :dohh:

Wahhoooo Girlies 2.5 loss for me this week!!! arghhhh! :happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:
which I am aCTUALLY suprised about as I'm due on in a week or so.

I went to morning WI so I hadn't eaten or drank anything and it paid off!
I have 1.5 lbs to go till I get my stone award.
Realistically I only have one more stone to be at a happy level with my weight and in a size 10 comfortably:thumbup:
I actually stayed for class today as I usually weigh and run, lol and the teacher gave us all a challenge to go back to our roots for one week. Foolow plan exactly, weigh HE's and count our syns, fill our plates with 1/3 superfree/free and see if we can all lose 2-3 lbs at least next week so I'm on a mission!

Yeah it will be the mustard hun, mustard powder is free but actual mustard isnt :)

That's a lot of syns per tsp for mustard, isn't it - as it's one tsp for 4 servings, and 3 syns per serving, it must be 12 syns per tsp! Seems rather excessive to me...but then, a lot of things have shocked me over the past week and a half re amount of syns, talk about having my eyes opened to how unhealthy my supposedly healthy diet was! :dohh:

That doesnt sound right it will be 3 syns for the teaspoon of mustard not 12 hun just cheked in my book. So not sure why it sys that on the site. Maybe its 3 per whole meal?

Well done Jac & LandN - fab losses x

Welcome Kellymomma & Traskey x

Today I've been super good :flower:
B- 28g sultana Bran (HEb) milk (HEa)
Lunch- Salad with fat free dressing
Dinner - SWs pizza topped chicken with salad & SW chips was yummy (28g cheese HEa)
Snacks - Tea with milk from (HEa) sweetner, banana, apple, sugar free jelly & mullerlight
and seeing as I had no syns all day I treated myself to 6 thorntons which I worked out to be 9 syns :happydance: Go me x I WILL lose more than 1lb next week x

Well done Jac! You are really close to your target now!

I am off to bed. Made a pasta n sauce for work tomorrow as im too tired to do anything else. Then made a bacon butty for the morning as im no good at 6.30am and keep skipping breakfast so made the effort. Can eat it in the car on way to work! lol xxx

That doesnt sound right it will be 3 syns for the teaspoon of mustard not 12 hun just cheked in my book. So not sure why it sys that on the site. Maybe its 3 per whole meal?

It says 3 syns per serving, and the recipe serves 4. Therefore, for there to be 3 syns per serving, there must be 12 syns in the whole dish. In the whole recipe there was 1 teaspoon of mustard. If all the syns came from the mustard, there must be 12 syns per teaspoon of mustard! I too think that can't be right, as the online syns calculator gives 1 syn per teaspoon.

So, the 3 syns per serving can't all be from the mustard, it must be something else, but goodness knows what.

Anyway, I adapted the recipe and made the meal with quark (free), reduced fat cheddar cheese from my HEb allowance, egg (free), mustard powder (free), pasta (free), peppers (free), mushrooms (free), garlic (free) and onion (free), so I'm not counting any syns for dinner at all! :D

I do think the recipes are confusing sometimes, it's really not obvious (to me at least) where the syns are in some of the dishes.

Nini all, I am a very sleepy ele tonight. :sleep: Good wishes for tomorrow! :thumbup:

Has anyone tried diet coke chicken? if so what did you think of it?

I tried it the other day and i really didnt know what to make of it! i couldn't eat a lot of it as it was a bit sweet, but filled me up! and i wasn't hungry for the rest of the night, my oh wasn't keen on it though haha. But was so easy to make. Wont be doing it again in a hurry though.

Welcome KellyMomma!! :hi:

Well done Jac!! :happydance:

Hello ladies!! :lol:

How is everyone doing? Feeling toooootally motivated the past few days, and I'm loving it! I found the BEST cafe in Liverpool yesterday, it's called SkinniMalinx and it serves all low fat/low calorie food. Even better - it has the syn value on everything!! Oh I was in SW heaven :lol: I had a chicken mayo salad with coleslaw - 0.5 syns!! Oh it's fab.

I went to Zumba last night too.. not sure it's for me :haha:
I just can't wiggle my arse like that! Not sure I was doing it well enough to lose any weight but my body is aching today so ya never know! I might build up to it before I do it again.

Hi girls :)

Kate- I want to try Zumba but i am not very co-ordinated... lol. Game for a laugh tho.
Where is the cafe?? going into Town on fri next wk for the day so will give it a go! x

How is everyone doing?

I just feel very low today. Stuck to plan all wk and feel so bloated today! AF is due tomorrow so not holding out for much of a loss tomorrow as i retain a lot of water when af is due :-( hope i lose at least 2lb tho. Have tried so hard this wk.
Still on my antibiotics for my mouth infection and i feel stressed with work and my mum being so ill and waiting for IVF referral etc. Life is dealing me some harsh challenges this yr so far. Shattered with it all. Will do my best to stick to plan though. The thought of getting pregnant is what keeps me going...

I am doing a big food shop at wkend cos its payday, so wondered if anyone can see some syn values of iceland ready meals etc for me? such as the chilli chicken noodle pot, and other stuff that may be low syn and ready made as i struggle sometimes when i get in frm work im so tried lately. I dont have membership to SW online so cant check.
Thank you x

Just made chicken pasta with homemade sauce for tea and it was syn free an delicious! got some for work tomorrow too. I have been a lil naughty and had 3 coconut mushroom sweets but other than that i have been good. Gonna have some choc after WI tomorrow tho cos really craving a boost! lol xxx

Hi guys, bought a new scale and restarting tomorrow. Had a bad 2 weeks but think i maintained which is good. Had a mcds today :\ and a cupcake.. terrible.

It's on Castle St :) up the top by the town hall.
I can't find the Iceland stuff online (someone else might have more luck), but if I can find my 'Food Directory' book I'll have a looksie.
Hope things start looking up soon :hugs:

I've been a bit naughty today (ate some mini hotdogs earlier) but I 'think' I've kept within my syns. I bought a pair of jeans when I first started SW, a size too small, wouldn't go past my thighs.. and they officially now fit!! Bit of a muffin top but I can get them on :lol::happydance:

Hello lovely ladies :)

Been another good day foodwise, got plenty of room for spinach & ricotta tortellini (6 syns for a 300g bowl), and good grief, do I bloody need it tonight!!!!

Got stabbed in the arm by occy health at work, they claimed I needed a DTP (diphtheria, tetanus & polio) booster, which according to my GP practice I didn't, so now my arm hurts like a beast with no need for it to :/ Then I had my smear test, which went fine, but it wasn't exactly enjoyable, you know? And now I'm home and trying to do some work but the staff VLE site is p***ing about, Word won't behave and put my images where I need them in my document, and to top it all off, I can't log in to Slimming World :cry: . I have had enough this evening but I HAVE to get this work done, and I'd really quite like to record my well-behaved day in my SW food diary on the website.

Anyone else having problems logging in? I have my email and password saved, and when I click on 'log in' it just seems to refresh the login page.

And breathe...the temptation to demolish my entire box of thorntons moments and the bag of fun-size chocs is sooooooo huge...breathe...

It's working again :D

And I've emailed off my work, and had a hot bath, and am about to have some dinner and pleasurably torment myself watching Masterchef :haha:

Checking in ladies, Im still sticking with it.I may have had a sneaky weigh in and Im doing alright init...:winkwink: xx

Morning ladies.

I am well pissed off! Just had WI and i have lost 1LB!! What a load of crap after sticking to plan all wk and counting every syn! AF is due today though, so maybe have a decent loss next wk? I feel bloated an miserable and im off to work soon. xxx

yeah could be that, don't forget though 1lb a week is still just over 4 stone lost in a year-when you look at it like that its fab!

AQ, what a pain!!!

ER so glad you are still at it!!!

I decided that I need to take a break from going to class, I don't really feel I get anything out of going apart from getting weighed. I never get to talk to my consultant so I am going to go it alone for a bit, I know the plan well so I will see how I do!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->