~~> Slimming World Diet Support Thread 2011 <~~ (Part 2!)

ooh im having the curry tonight... yummy! and i may get that book jac it sounds ace. i have had milk in tea, an apple for brekkie, and a tuna salad for lunch, having the curry for dins later so still need to have some fibre! maybe an alpen bar or ryvita later. much less hungry today.... feel fat after yesterday! im gonna go for a good walk in a bit or try the davina workout again (my legs still hurt from wednesday!).... good luck today girls xx

Where do you buy that book from jac? I'm not a member... Can you get it from the shops? Xx

I got mine from ebay kayleigh, got 3 books... for £20.. 1 was meals on ee plan, another meals for green n red days, and a syns books is worth getting

Thanks for all the support again girls...Matthew has agreed to pay my joining fee for the gym..and I am going to go to Wednesday Meetings at 9:30am. I called the consultant and left a message. I need to buy all of these books, for recipes I think. Ive been looking on that facebook group, one guy lost 11 stone in 7 months :wacko:

Thanks BW, I'll have a look :) I've already got an 18 page thing with syn values but just need some recipe books x

Hi girls :)

ER- Really pleased you are joining a group and the gym. The two combined will give u max results in the healthiest way ;-) fab that your dh is so supportive too.

Well ladies, here are a few more recipes for you... syn free ;-)

"Pancakes"

3 eggs
4 tablespoons sweetener
2 drops vanilla essence

Method- Separate the yolks from the whites,
Whisk egg whites intill stiff.
Whisk egg yolks intill creamy.
Add 4 tablespoons of sweetener and 2 drops of vanilla essence to the yolks.
Fold the yolks into the whites intill light and fluffy.
Fry in frylight over a medium heat.
When cooked add sweetener and fresh lemon juice if required and enjoy!

Ok girls, they are a sub for pancakes and obviously a real pancake cant be beaten but its a tasty snack when you fancy a change and i often have these for brekky :)

SYN FREE GRAVY

x1 large red onion(chop finely)
x2 cloves of crushed garlic
sprinkle of Thyme(or herb of choice)
x2 beef oxo cubes
Splash of balsamic vinegar
Fry light.

Method- Spray sauce pan with frylight.
Add onion and garlic and cook intill golden.
Add herbs, stock and vinegar and bring to boil.
Reduce heat and allow to simmer for 30-40 mins.
When cooked allow to cool for 5 mins and then blitz with a blender and serve.

SYN FREE QUICHE

x4 eggs
500g fat free cottage cheese
2 tablespoons of quark cheese
x1 onion
Chopped tinned ham
Sweetcorn

Method- Mix eggs together but don't beat them.
Add cottage cheese and quark.
Frylight the onions and pour into dish when browned.
Cook on gas mark 6 for 30-40 minsn or intill set.

With this one, you can add pretty much anything you like. I think ham and sweetcorn is really nice though :)

Will add more later :) xxx

ok has a crap day.

2 alpen light bars
CHEESEBURGER AND CHIPS

omg. Gonna just have chicken soup for dinner but ive went waaay over syns :(!

Thanks for the pancake recipe africaqueen..

The consultant just called me back, I am going every Wednesday at 9:30am! :happydance::happydance:

She sounds really nice as well, so glad I didnt give up..:blush:

ER- You are welcome and im so glad you didnt give up. We are made of stronger stuff than that luckily so u will be fine ;-)

Well DH was gonna cook tonight but no sign of any cooking just lots of bleedin football!! grrrrr. I really cba cooking again tonight. I will make myself a mugshot if he dont move his arse off the couch!! grrrrr bloody men! xxx

https://www.facebook.com/album.php?id=504302619&aid=203282#!/profile.php?id=504302619

Here is my facebook if anyone wants to add me..Let me know your username xx

AQ- how many pancakes does that recipe make? And what do you cook the quiche in? Does it have to be a special tin?

ER- add me, I'm Kayleigh Wilson with a black and White pic of my little boy as my pic, anyone else can add me too :)

Yeah Go Mon!!! You can do it! I have evry faith in you missis:thumbup::hugs:

Not a bad day so far for me, breakie was fruit n fibre & milk, an apple, lunch was baked potato beans and a little cheese and for tea its chicken and pepper kebabs:thumbup:

My weigh in for SS online is tomorrow morning...eeekks! Bets its another damn pound:growlmad:

AQ- how many pancakes does that recipe make? And what do you cook the quiche in? Does it have to be a special tin?

ER- add me, I'm Kayleigh Wilson with a black and White pic of my little boy as my pic, anyone else can add me too :)

The way i make them it makes 2 pancakes but if u made them thinner you would get more from it :)
I Just make the quiche in a casserole dish as i dnt have a lot of pots and pans. lol. Also with it being a gooey mess to start with, its the safest option to use a casserole dish. lol. xxx

Good luck for your wi jac :thumbup:

I was planning on making lamb kebabs for dinner but asda gave me the normal mince rather than the lean stuff so dunno if I'm gunna have to syn them now :( the standard mince is 1syn for 28g so it's gunna be loads!

Yay ER - loving the PMA!

Good luck with your weigh in Jac, let us know.

And AQ - your recipes are making me smile soooooooooo much! I had the curry earlier and its amazing. Girls you must try it.

I am 2 days overdue on the davina workout.... grrrr! must do it tomorrow. Megan isnt giving me a break at the moment to draw breath let alone do the dvd.

Im on fb too .... vikki elliott-smith and the pic is a pink collage of me and megan!

so rest of day for me was alpen bar, ff yoghurt and the curry, and a apple and nectarine .... yummy!

planned my dinners for the week also .... haddock fishcakes, sausage and bean casserole, chicken kebabs, pepper chicken, spag bol, tuna jackets, and spinach and ricotta pasta.... yay! and my food bill is tiny because ALDI and LIDL to the cheapest fruit and veg ever.... 2 bags for life full cost me £16! whoop. xxx

Kayleigh an Vikki- I have sent FR's on facey for u both :)

Vikki- i love aldi an lidl aswell! get most of my fruit an veg from there and aldi are opening a store at the top of our rd before summer so it will only be a 3 min walk for me! Gonna invest in a lil shoppin trolly on wheels to lug my shopping home :)

dh did get off his arse and make tea an it was lovely :) we had gizzard with boiled rice, homemade sauce and plantain and it was lush! counted it as 5 syns for the oil used but the ingredients were syn free apart from that :) xxx

Vikki- i love aldi an lidl aswell! get most of my fruit an veg from there and aldi are opening a store at the top of our rd before summer so it will only be a 3 min walk for me! Gonna invest in a lil shoppin trolly on wheels to lug my shopping home :)

dh did get off his arse and make tea an it was lovely :) we had gizzard with boiled rice, homemade sauce and plantain and it was lush! counted it as 5 syns for the oil used but the ingredients were syn free apart from that :) xxx

Whats gizzard hun? xx

Whats gizzard hun? xx

Its basically Chicken liver as far as i knw... lol. Its a nigerian recipe as that is were my dh is from so never quite sure what is what but it tasted nice! lol.

Just having a major sweet tooth moment and had some fruit flavour iced gems in the cupboard and discovered they are only 5 syns per pack! happy days! lol. Having them now with a cuppa :) xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->