~~> Slimming World Diet Support Thread 2011 <~~ (Part 2!)

I'm just waiting for Darren to get home my lasagne smells SEXY! I've just mixed some garlic salt with flora light and spread it on half a barm cake with a sprinkle of reduced fat cheddar for a low syn garlic bread :winkwink:

Hello ladies!! Sorry I've been so absent :(
I didn't go to my SW meeting today, I've just been so rubbish all week I didn't wanna go and pay a fiver only to hear I've put on again (stupid, I know). I've been a bit stressed out recently with FOB and my ex and trying to find somewhere to live I've basically hit self-destruct. I've eaten takeaways, chocolate - you name it!
BUT, I'm being very good today, got some pork marinating in the fridge for sweet and sour tonight, and I weighed myself at home and I've lost 4lbs??! (though my scales have been known to be lying little *******s). But it's given me the push anyway! :D
So I've been re-evaluating and looking at everything I eat after being so disheartened last week with the 1/2lb loss, and it seems I've been doing a few things wrong! I didn't realise I was buying Alpen instead of Alpen light - adding on 12 syns per day! And I was buying ordinary Super Noodles instead of the low fat variety - upto 7 syns more! There's loads of things I was doing wrong, so I'm glad I checked.

Hope everyone is doing well!

Mrs Eleflump - the jelly (I think) is 1/2 syn per sachet, if it's sugar free :)

Ames - the egg noodles are free if they're dried. The straight-to-wok type (I think!) are 1/2 syn per 28g.

DaisyDuke - I couldn't stick at WW either. It really is amazing the things you can eat with Slimming World! While you can eat and eat it is still a calorie controlled diet, so you eat basically as much 'free' food (meat, pasta, pulses), as you need to satisfy your appetite, and if you need to snack then use the 'superfree' food pages, which is your fruits and vegetables etc. You use between 5-15 'syns' per day, which can be like treats or things you add to meals such as butter etc, and they add up to around 100-300 calories, so not that much if you think about it. It just saves the faff of counting really!
Hope your meeting goes well tomorrow, once you get your details I'll add you to the front page if you like :)

Claire - which pasta are you using? The Batchelors one, if made up without the milk and butter is 1/2 syn :)

I didn't go to my SW meeting today, I've just been so rubbish all week I didn't wanna go and pay a fiver only to hear I've put on again (stupid, I know). I've been a bit stressed out recently with FOB and my ex and trying to find somewhere to live I've basically hit self-destruct. I've eaten takeaways, chocolate - you name it!
BUT, I'm being very good today, got some pork marinating in the fridge for sweet and sour tonight, and I weighed myself at home and I've lost 4lbs??! (though my scales have been known to be lying little *******s). But it's given me the push anyway! :D
So I've been re-evaluating and looking at everything I eat after being so disheartened last week with the 1/2lb loss, and it seems I've been doing a few things wrong! I didn't realise I was buying Alpen instead of Alpen light - adding on 12 syns per day! And I was buying ordinary Super Noodles instead of the low fat variety - upto 7 syns more! There's loads of things I was doing wrong, so I'm glad I checked.

Ames - the egg noodles are free if they're dried. The straight-to-wok type (I think!) are 1/2 syn per 28g.

DaisyDuke - I couldn't stick at WW either. It really is amazing the things you can eat with Slimming World! While you can eat and eat it is still a calorie controlled diet, so you eat basically as much 'free' food (meat, pasta, pulses), as you need to satisfy your appetite, and if you need to snack then use the 'superfree' food pages, which is your fruits and vegetables etc. You use between 5-15 'syns' per day, which can be like treats or things you add to meals such as butter etc, and they add up to around 100-300 calories, so not that much if you think about it. It just saves the faff of counting really!
Hope your meeting goes well tomorrow, once you get your details I'll add you to the front page if you like :)

Claire - which pasta are you using? The Batchelors one, if made up without the milk and butter is 1/2 syn :)

Cool thanks, it is the Batchelors one. Only added a dash of milk to help thicken the sauce...was yummy. Thanks for saying bout the noodles, cause I sometimes use the ready cooked ones, will syn them from now on. Thanks x

Hi girls :)

Ames- Well done on the fab loss! x

Daisy- yep SW is fab as u are never hungry. I did lose 3 stones yrs ago with WW but put it back on with extra as i was hungry all the time. x

Kate- Glad your back hun! missed u. Wow u have done well to lose 4lb with being off plan! im sure u will be right back on it and will do well this wk x

Hi to everyone else and hope we are all doing ok so far x

Well i have been sorta good today. Brekky was x2 wholemeal toast(heb) with a scraping flora light and jam(3 syns). Lunch was tuna pasta with onion. Had a alpine light bar as a snack(3 syns) and then a time out(oops 10 syns i think?) and for my tea i just had a syn free Jamaican chicken curry with rice and loads of spinach :) was lush and made more for work tomorrow.
Had a shit day in work and im tempted to pig out tonight but iv had a yogurt and a apple instead. Really want to see a 3-4lb loss by fri so trying to be as good as poss.
Cant be arsed with the gym tonight so will do the wii fit for half hr and get my arse to the gym tomorrow after work and again on thur.

xxx

Hey ladies, can I join your thread please? I actually joined slimming world last year and the next day found out I was pregnant lol...so needless to say I didnt stick with it and munched on whatever I wanted throughout my pregnancy (it was lush lol). But now the time has come to shift the 'baby weight'. I'm actually gonna try and do it myself since its a bit difficult to get the meetings with a wee one in tow, so I hope I can rely on your support to help me through. My name is Pamela, I weighed in on Monday at 13st 7lb, with my short term goal being my club 10 target of 12st 2lb. Ultimately I would like to get down to 10st but I know thats a good while off. I'm following the extra easy plan. Looking forward to shifting the weight with you ladies and becoming a yummy mummy :) x

Excellent thanks hun, and thank u for everyone elses comments, excited now. Just did spinning and im so hungry im in a fowl mood cant wait to ditch ww. XXX

Girls i LOVE a drink how many syns are in wine and vodka, brandy or gin? I'm assuming diet mixers r all free? XXX

4 syns in vodka brandy and gin, wine is diff -6 syns for small glass 9syns for large glass of rose :)

welcome palmtree :)

Night girls. Im shattered and another early start in the morning xxx

Welcome Pamela! Congrats on the babby :)
There are a few ladies here who don't go to meetings so you won't be alone :flower:

DaisyDuke - the diet mixers are free, I'll just check online for the syns and measurements.

Alcopops, eg WKD, Vodka Blue, Original, 330ml bottle - 13½
Vodka, 25ml - 2½
Vodka, 35ml - 4
Apricot Brandy, 25ml - 3
Apricot Brandy, 35ml - 4½
Brandy, 25ml - 2½
Brandy, 35ml - 4
Cherry Brandy, 25ml - 3½
Cherry Brandy, 35ml - 4½
Gin, 25ml - 2½
Gin, 35ml - 4
White wine, alcohol free, 175ml - 2½
White wine, alcohol free, 250ml - 3½
White wine, dry, 175ml - 6
White wine, dry, 250ml - 8½
White wine, low alcohol, 175ml - 2
White wine, low alcohol, 250ml - 3
White wine, medium, 175ml - 6½
White wine, medium, 250ml - 9½
White wine, sparkling, 175ml - 6½
White wine, sparkling, 250ml - 9½
White wine, spritzer, 175ml - 4
Red wine, 175ml - 6
Red wine, 250ml - 8½
Rose wine, 125ml - 4½
Rose wine, 175ml - 6
Rose wine, 250ml - 9

Apologies for the way it's copied from the site :wacko: it was a pure faff. I'll try and fix it now.

Night AQ :flower:

Edit - sorted :)

Morning ladies, everyone well today? The sun is splitting the trees over here so i'm gonna saddle up the wee man and the dog and go for a lovely walk me thinks :) x

Afternoon Ladies x

welcome Tasha (daisy) & Palmtree

eurgh well was so crap yesterday evening, had no dinner so went out instead, had tai egg noodles with chicken, which i dont think would have been very high but then the warm chocolate fudge cake with ice cream found me :dohh: my god it was good but then felt crap for the rest of the night for being so weak :grr: so worked my ass off at Zumba x
I think now i have the cake out of my system I'm more determined today just hope I can pull something off tomorrow at WI x
Today:
B- Alpen Light bar (HEb) & tea with milk (HEa) and sweetner
10am - My other alpen light bar & more tea
L- huge salad with FF dressing, sugar free jelly, a mini babybel light (HEa) and fresh pineapple
D- SW Chicken Madras & rice

I have weigh in today- dreading it. I have a sneaking suspicion I have gained weight and last week will of caught up with me as I got away with it at last weigh in.

Good luck with WI Amy :) im sure u will be fine hun x

Hi to everyone else and i hope all is well x

I have been good today.

Breakfast- 2 egg omlette with ham. apple.
Dinner- syn free Jamaican chicken curry with rice.
Tea- going to have jacket potato with ham and salad. yogurt.
snacks- strawberries and grapes.
supper- 2 alpen light bars and glass of milk(hea and heb)

I was feeling a lil bloated today and realised that AF is due on sat so my WI on fri will be crap as i always gain around 4-5lb in water during this time of the mth, but at least i knw that happens and il have a decent loss next wk. Bit disheartening tho :-(

xxx

I lost 2lb and Darren lost 1lb and we both got are half stone award :happydance:

Oh yeah so that takes my weight to 15st3lb Kate please :flower:

Ahhh I will be in the 14's by my party next month :happydance:

Well done Amy! that is fab!
I am made up as il be in the 14's within the next 2wks too! all good x

I was just naughty tho and ate a creme egg and i had no syns left... really craved choc tho so thought best to have 1 creme egg than end up binging at the wkend! lol xxx

I've just got back from Franky & Bennies...3 course! haha that's it now though. I want 2lb off next week. Trust the week I don't stay to class I get my award! I was starving though and neeeeded that meal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->