~~> Slimming World Diet Support Thread 2011 <~~

Does anyone have the recipe for the Lasagna ??i had it but i cant find the magazine it was it since we have moved house and prob in the boxes in garage
xxx

I done a lasagne yest with yoghurt & egg but sauce was yak!! i have another but with packet sauce!
It can be made using Colmans Cheddar cheese sauce which is 8 syns for the pack or Schwarts cheddar cheese sauce which is 7.5 syns for the pack. It has to be made up using 300ml of milk so you would have to use the milk as HEA or syn it.
Ingredients:
500g Extra lean minced beef
4 rashes of smoked bacon (all visible fat removed)
a box of button mushrooms
1 red & 1 yellow pepper
1 large onion
4 garlic cloves
1 tin of chopped tomatoes
500g carton of passata
mixed herbs
lea & perrins
splash of red wine
1 beef oxo cube
Lasagne sheets
1 packet of Colman's cheese sauce (8 syns)
HEA of Cheese.

Method:
brown off all the chopped veg in a large frying pan, add minced beef and brown for 10-15 minutes, drain fat, add the tinned tomatoes & passata, a few splashes of lea and perrins and red wine and then crumble in the oxo cube. Add the mixed herbs and simmer for 30 minutes,stirring every few minutes.

Line a casserole dish with some of the bolognese, then lasagne sheets and vice versa.
Top with the cheese sauce & sprinkle on some cheese.
Cook in the oven on gas mark 6 for around 30 minute

https://www.babyandbump.com/dieting-weight-loss-fitness/501857-running-thread.html

we're blind!

The C25K thing is a running program to get you running 5k in 9 weeks.

https://www.nhs.uk/Livewell/c25k/Pages/couch-to-5k-plan.aspx

I just weighed myself to make me feel better since i just got a BFN and when i went to my FS appointment i was 94kg so 14st 11lbs and now i'm 89kg so 14st 1lbs! i know u tend to lose loads in the first week cos its water etc...

but thats made me so happy :)

Jacket spud for lunch for me with beans and salad i think :)

Thanks for answering my question. And wow that is an amazing loss! i just had breakfast that was porridge with half milk half water and canderel. I cant wait to go to my first group on wednesday im kinda following the plan from what u girls write up but finding it hard without the info...... i feel so motivated this time. i'm determined to lose the weight and keep it off.... i would love to be 9st 9lbs! :winkwink:

Ok, ended the morning with a mug of bovril (not had it before and found it a little odd) and a slice of wholemeal bread - from big loaf. And just had butternut squash and barley hotpot from sw website.... so filling and delicious. Recipe below...

you need - 2oz pearl barley, 2 large carrots thickly sliced, 2 crushed garlic cloves, 1 litre of stock (though i feel it needed more) and about 750g peeled and chopped butternut squash.

place barley in pan with plenty of water, bring to boil then simmer for 45 mins. drain in seive and add back to pan with carrots, stock, and garlic. bring to boil and simmer for 20 mins, then add butternut squash and cook for further 15-20 mins.

yummy! \\:D/\\:D/

Gonna have fruit or salad for dins. x

Feeling a bit pissed off right now girls, Monday is my weigh in day at the gym and Ive only lost 1 lb:cry: Gutted as I stuck to the plan all week (bar fri night/sat day oops) and excersized every day for an hour last week:cry:

I know I'm due on any day though, would that make a difference or do I need to work harder :rofl:

1lb a week is still 52lb in a year which is 4 stone nearly :)

That's a fab way to look at it :D

Well I'm making a nice big dinner, turkey kebabs with spicy wedges and raita dip. Loosely followed from the recipe in the book (it was chicken). Syn free, yum!

i ended up with chicken breast coated in fat free fromage frais, spring onion and wholegrain mustard and oven baed with piles of swede mash .... soooo yummy. and gonna make some syn free crisps for later. yummy yummy yummy. still feel as though im eating too much to lose weight though. :shrug:

Feeling a bit pissed off right now girls, Monday is my weigh in day at the gym and Ive only lost 1 lb:cry: Gutted as I stuck to the plan all week (bar fri night/sat day oops) and excersized every day for an hour last week:cry:

I know I'm due on any day though, would that make a difference or do I need to work harder :rofl:

This will make a difference hun, due to water retention.

I will update front page with weights e.t.c tomorrow girls...

Well done Becci! FAB loss ;-)

Jac- Dont lose hope. a 1lb off is much better than a 1lb on and u will probs lose more next wk x

I am struggling as so nervous about my op tomorrow :-(
off work for 8 days now for recovery and wont be eating much after tomorrow for a few days so should level out with where i have gone off track...

Had 2 chocolate weetabix for brekky this morning, has anyone tried it? they are bloody lush! lil choc chips in them and 2 count as 1 HEB :)

xxx

well done girls - a loss is a loss :)

Okay, bread is clearly my downfall :( My OH left me some delicious bread with spices all over it and I ate a slice then threw the rest in the bucket cos i was gonna scoff it all. Just had chicken, brocoli, cauli, new potatoes and sprouts.

Whats ur veg/SFF to protein/carbs? Almost half my plate is veg. I have a lot of veg.

also, does anyone kinda eat the same foods everyday? I usually vary my evening meal but during the day its usually mullerlight, beans on toast, jacket spud + beans, mugshot, fruit.. thats about it :\

Jac- Dont lose hope. a 1lb off is much better than a 1lb on and u will probs lose more next wk x

off work for 8 days now for recovery and wont be eating much after tomorrow for a few days so should level out with where i have gone off track...

Had 2 chocolate weetabix for brekky this morning, has anyone tried it? they are bloody lush! lil choc chips in them and 2 count as 1 HEB :)

xxx

Ooh, where did you find the choccie Weetabix? My local Asda don't have it :(
GL for tomorrow :hugs:

xxx

Ooh, where did you find the choccie Weetabix? My local Asda don't have it :(
GL for tomorrow :hugs:

Thank you :)

I got the choc weetabix from tesco an on offer for £2 for 24 :) xxx

Jac - definitely water retention etc. You'll probably loose more this week :flower:

AQ - good luck with your op :flower:

Food today was:
B: bacon & cheese omelette (half HEA) 2x clementines
L: batchelors beef rice, salad, cherry activia yogurt
D: batchelors leek & ham pasta, broccoli
S: Alpen light x2 (HEB), 2 kinder maxi (12 syns), milk in tea (half HEA)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->