Slimming World Extra Easy

Mexx

Reaction score
Hi,
I've just joined Slimming World with a view to starting with the Extra Easy Days. I just wondered if anyone else was planning on starting in 2014, or had started already and had any tips? I think I'm most worried about being full as I'm not good when hungry!
Thanks in advance, and if there is another thread already please do point me in the right direction.
Thanks,
Mexx

Hi i've been a member of SW for a fair few months and love it. it really is such a simple plan to follow, as for being hungry-dont worry! honestly, once your head is around it and understand it you'll understand that you can eat so much free food. you'll end up eating so much that you'll be confused as to why you're losing weight and not gaining!! good luck!! x

I've been going to SW since last April and have lost 5 1/2 stone so far. I seriously wondered how in earth it could work but it does. As PP said you have free food so make sure you keep plenty of that on stand by so that if you do get hungry you can turn to that instead of snacking in unhealthy food. Good luck!

Thanks guys, and wow what incredible weight loss! Well done.

I can't wait to get started... just need to get rid of all of this Christmas chocolate and snack food so I'm not tempted!

What are your favourite items to snack on which fit with slimming world? I saw the mullerlight yoghurts were free and I love those so a good start...

I like mullerlights, eggs, mugshots, ham? Chicken, hifi bar if I've not had my healthy B. I like fruit, and I try to make each meal as big as I can so I generally stick to 3 meals a day and a snack :) x

I have just joined on Monday! I am having loads of veg, fruit, chicken (without the skin), activia yoghurts, snack-a-jacks, wotsits and pasta!

I haven't had my next weigh in yet so don't know if I have lost. I am not due to weigh in til Wednesday!

Good luck to you and let me know how you get on.

x

I weighed in on Tuesday morning, after the Christmas week and I lost 3 lbs!! I was in total shock, I seriously thought I had gained due the amount I'd eaten over Christmas. I was just shaking on the scales with excitement lol!! It really does work, I'm now expecting my second child and I have the intention of carrying on with the plan and going to group each week as its the only 'diet' out there that the college of midwives have approved :) I'm feeling excited about the coming months! x

How are you both getting on with the plan? is it as hard as anticipated?

Laurhilou - wow well done on a great loss over Christmas!! I'm very impressed!

Fallen8905 - i'd not thought about snack-a-jacks and I love the caramel ones. Will be adding to my shopping list.

I'm struggling with the fact I have so much Christmas chocolate and goodies in the house still. I'm doing the plan online and have only received my books today.

I've been shopping and stocked up on free mugshots, babybel light (for my A choice), Alpen light bars (for my B choice when on the go) and fruit. I want to go to Sainsburys later for Mullerlight as I love these and they are on offer at 10 for £3. I have been researching syn value of some of my favourite snacks so I can make wise choices. I am looking forward to meringue nests as so sweet and will easily satisfy my sweet tooth.

I will be making my first SW meal tonight - pasta bolognaise. Only change is I'm making my own sauce rather than a dolmio one so not exactly a hard swap. Love that I can eat as much as I want to and that is allowed!

I'm still on holiday from work at the moment so I've used this week to get my head around things and to research with the plan to start properly on Monday.

With regard to syns - should you try and eat just 5 or should you be aiming to eat all 15? Whats the best way?

Good luck! xxx

The caramel ones are 3 syns I think.

Yeah it is a lot to get your head around and I am struggling! Luckly I have my mum here who has been on sw since august and she is helping me get into a routine!

I don't really think about syns. I just have between 5 and 15 a day.

When will u be doing your first weigh in?

Going to do my first weigh in on Sunday before I start the programme properly on Monday. Back to work which I hope will make it easier. When will you be weighing in? Bet having your mums advice will be a great help :)

So glad I've came across this! I'm joining slimming world keep reading up on it and don't quite understand the red green and syns?

It's easier to follow the EE plan as there is no limit for carbs/meat. You can have pretty much any meal and not really worry about syns, however, you then only have 1 Healthy B and A instead of 2.

I'm only following extra easy at the moment - I've not looked into red and green at the moment.

Last night I weighed out a healthy extra B weight of porridge oats and mixed into a free mullerlight yoghurt. I had this for breakfast today with sliced banana mixed with it - it was yummy and filling. I think I would prefer to have 2 alpen bars when at work rather than the porridge but it was great for today as off work.

What is everyone else eating today - breakfast / lunch / tea?

Most slimming world groups will put you on the EE plan now!

I have had a good day today..

Breakfast: Melon

Snack: Apple

Lunch: Salad, Salmon, Ham and cottage cheese

Snack: Activia Yoghurt

Dinner: Spicy Sausage Pasta Bake

And later for my syns I will have a packet of wotsits and two snack-a-jacks!! :happydance:

Sausage pasta bake sounds great!!

I've just made slimming world cheesy chips from the current magazine. I used the cheese from my healthy extra a choice. They were fab and made a great snack! I would recommend these! Yum!!!

Hi ladies can i just ask, is SW difficult if u r not a good cook? im contemplating joining it but have heard it only really works if u r good at cooking from scratch x

I wouldn't say I'm a good cook but I've been willing to give it a try. Love the slow cooker and just throwing everything in and leaving.
Many of the recipes in the magazines are quite straightforward. If you can cook potatoes, veg and meat you'll be fine :)

SW is great if youre not a good cook, it helps you!! I experiement so much with food now, my cupboard are now full of spices and herbs which wern't there when I started. I love looking online to find new blogs and posts of peoples dinners which I feel excited about cooking!!

For me, the day went as follows;

B- Bacon and Egg sarnie (no butter or ketchup as wanted to use syns elsewhere)
L- didn't really eat as didn't have appetite.
D- Meatballs in arrabiata sauce with pasta and cheese

Syns- 3 donuts, and 8 mikados.

Not sure what tomorrow holds for me as we're off to lakeside for some shopping......

You don't have to be a great cook, I'm certainly not. Most of the recipes in the magazines are pretty straight forward and you can always have a jacket pot with chicken breast or gammon steak with some veggies as an easy meal. I am also totally addicted to curry flavour batchelor savoury rice which is syn free and great for a quick lunch.
I follow extra easy all the time so don't have to worry about red or green days.
For breakfast I'll usually have a couple of weetabix or a hifi bar (if I'm saving my healthy a for cheese later).

evening ladies, im joining sw on friday morning again, joined last on 8th jan last year and had my lo 4 weeks ago so will be fun to see how much ive put on in just over a year with having a baby inbetween..
going to asda on tuesday and will be getting all my shopping in then, i intend on starting sw tuesday too even though i wont have joined, still have all the books, ive writted a weeks food plan ready as i struggle to stick to it.. my mum goes religiously every week but she goes to a diff group but will be getting some support off her too.. however, i have 2 questions for you lovely ladies, when it comes to food im extremley fussy, only meat i like is chicken and sausages, dont like fish or anything, i literally have written on my food plan, mashed potato (or any type of potato) plenty of fruit obv, jacket potato, pasta, but again dont like sauces that go with pasta so will be using some beans or some cheese from healthy extra on those days.. im just wondering if theres any other very picky eaters trying to do it?
2nd question i have is regards to exercise, will be doing lots of walking with lo in pram and taking ds1 to school but im interested in doing things like sit ups and boxing etc for fitness as well as walking, would you say these are ok to do so soon after giving birth?xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->