Slings may kill!!!!!

Hanna

Reaction score
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1259358/Yummy-mummy-baby-slings-kill.html

I am not a fan of daily mail.... but a friend forwarded this to me.:nope:

Yeah it's been posted in here a few times, and it's only that type of sling :) Pouch slings and ring slings are just fine, but with anything you need to see what position they are in and make sure their airways aren't being obstructed in some way. No worries...babywearing is still safe :D

Oh lordy not again. This has been posted five? times now.....

https://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d181/elle-lea/YawnSmiley.gif

https://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d181/elle-lea/YawnSmiley.gif

Love it!! :lol: These articles are starting to drive me nuts, it makes us out to me some kind of fashion and trend obsessed idiots when for most of us that's the furthest thing from our minds on most things :wacko: And the journalists can't even do enough research to figure out that it's related to one type of sling. So annoying.

Was there really a need for such a title!!!!!! Honestly??? Again, read the facts and present them accordingly, not just read what you want into it and pop in to leave such a fleeting and all be it ridiculous thread.

What gets my goat, is the fact that of all people who would be well informed about this would be the ladies in this section and yet people still think we need educating :dohh:

Quick ladies, we MUST stop all this natural nonsense before it kill our children *sighs loudly*

Sorry, annoyed :growlmad:

I glanced at the title and read it as "Slugs may kill!"... which I suppose they might, if you let them crawl up your baby's nose! Seems about as useful a warning.

Slugs are slippy, toddlers could trip and fall on them if allowed to play in the garden :haha:

I glanced at the title and read it as "Slugs may kill!"... which I suppose they might, if you let them crawl up your baby's nose! Seems about as useful a warning.

:rofl:
I like it!!
Its like that thing where in Canada baby walkers are banned because babies kept falling down stairs in them...what FOOL leaves stairs unprotected AND the baby unsupervised...
I find it so hard to comprehend that people dont regularly check their baby in a sling/carrier/pouch/PRAM and make sure they are in safe positions but they have to be out there I supose....

i haven't actually seen this article before, thanks for posting. i had a different sling/carrier for maddi when she was younger/ why just because it's celebrity endorsed all of a sudden it's the in thing?? oh well!
oh and to add, i too was wondering when parents having common sense had suddenly vanished :lol:

TBH I dont think anymore people babywear now then they did when I had my son almost 6 years ago.
Many cultures in the world they ONLY carry their children....wheels and prams are a relatively new thing in the grand scheme!

14 babies killed in 20 years? wonder if the ever so amazing daily mail can produce the statistics for babies killed/hurt whilst in pushchairs.

everything is dangerous if not used correctly...bloody dailly mail

"Why would anyone ever want to put their baby in one of those, anyway?
This is one of those really naff fashion statements that will soon vanish as soon as the celebs stop using them."

i forgot we all base our parenting techniques/values on what nicole kidman does!

My friend was going on and on about this the other day, it drove me nuts. It's more of a common sense issue than a sling issue. Most baby wearing sites will tell you the steps to take to ensure that you are wearing baby safely. The same thing could happen if you hold your baby in your arms in the wrong manner and don't pay attention.

She also went on and on about the baby walker thing too. I find it funny that they recall a product when the issue isn't with the product, it's with not paying attention to a mobile child. They could just as easily fall down the stairs when walking/crawling.

Glad to see that there are others that find this freak out silly too. :)

... bag slings are the problem but, tbh, they're hardly a fashion accessory as they're pretty ugly.

Either way, pram related accidents and deaths are far, far higher.

... bag slings are the problem but, tbh, they're hardly a fashion accessory as they're pretty ugly.

Either way, pram related accidents and deaths are far, far higher.

Maybe we should find an article about that and post it in the normal baby section just to cause trouble! :muaha:

i've managed to nearly get into an argument with my cousins wifey.....she seems to think i am gonna kill my baby!!! FFS!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->