Slings may kill!!!!!

I glanced at the title and read it as "Slugs may kill!"... which I suppose they might, if you let them crawl up your baby's nose! Seems about as useful a warning.

Slugs can definitely kill! We had an invasion of big orange slugs in our garden a couple of years ago and after I spent hours and hours, day after day fishing them out of the vegetable patch and chucking them out into a patch of trees nearby, only to have them slither back each night, I thought I was going to die of exhaustion. So I gave up and used an entire box of slug pellets - so much for the environmentally friendly option!
I swear they were genetically mutated slugs!

ffs........ im really sick and tired of seeing these damn threads.....

do people come on here and think that us parents have no f***ing common sense....
jeez it pisses me off everytime i look in this section theres a new thread about the same thing, what an insult that people feel it neccesary to come on and 'warn' us about the way we choose to transport our children

rrrrrrraaaaaarrrrrggggggghhhh......

Wow you guys are taking it a bit to personally, I'm sure the OP didn't mean it as a dig against natural parenting - just as a heads up in case no one had seen it.

I pop in this forum occasionally, as I do some things which are thought of as natural...but I have to say the attitude some folk in here have of 'us and them' is pathetic.

Lisa, the irritating part about these threads is that this article has been posted in here about 5 times now recently - no-one bothers looking to see if it's already been posted. The people in question can't know much about slings or they'd know how biased the articles are so I think it comes across to alot of us like teaching grandma to suck eggs...

rofl pathetic *giggles*

I havent seen this same thing posted in BabyClub (why not?) but its been posted here loads recently....we have now taken to having a joke, rolling the eyes and tongue in cheek banter and now because of this we are "pathetic". Lovely.

Back on the subject of slugs, well snails actually, have you noticed they have a tendancy to come out in masses in poorly lit areas? I remember walking home from a football match the once and it took me an hour to walk home :haha:

oi squishy that wasnt nice....

unless they be chocolate in which case ouch but yum :D

Back on the subject of slugs, well snails actually, have you noticed they have a tendancy to come out in masses in poorly lit areas? I remember walking home from a football match the once and it took me an hour to walk home :haha:

we're talking eggs nows, keep up :rofl: :rofl:

eww slugs make me heave

creme eggs *splat*
eww shudders....the thought of standing on a slug/snail....ICK!!!

I read this in general chat too, but maybe it gets posted here cos this is where people think the sling users read.
Whatever the reason from an 'outsider/baby cluber/not 100% everything natural' forum user...some comments do come over a bit off.

Oh those creme egg ads really upset me, I know they want to be splatted but I've been known to have a bit of a cry! :rofl:

okay, eggs! Name as many animals you can think of that lay eggs? By the time you read this the subject could have very well changed! Lol x

outsider? We arent a club you know, its just another subsection of the forum....

I think the reason this PARTICULAR thread was annoying is because of the way it way titled. Rather than "Interesting article regarding slings" or similar its "Slings can kill!!!!!" thats like me posting a thread saying "Pushchairs can kill!!!!!" or "Moses baskets can kill!!!" somewhere....its like saying anyone who uses those items is at high risk of killing thier child....which is all rubbish.

All this talk of "outsiders" and "us and them" is making me feel weird. I never feel like that. I only really think about it when people come in and point it out, like in the BF section. It's starting to make me feel like I'm in some sort of weird minority that is constantly offensive for just being what it is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->