Slings suffocating Babies!!!

I have a baba sling which if used properly and vigilantly is fine. I know lots of folks don;t rate them but Daisy likes it and is comfy it it :flower:.

I wasn't aiming at anyone personally iy was just as I said posted 3 times in less than a week x

And these "bag slings" are fine as long as you make sure your baby is positioned correctly, you could potentially suffocate a baby in a wrap in the cradle carry if their head wasn't positioned correctly

Very strange - my reply to this was here yesterday and now it is no longer here! ??!!

In any case, I have that exact same black and white sling pictured in the article (along with 2 other slings, an ergo and a snugly! YIPES!)

To be honest, it is Maia's favourite sling, and I have never, ever seen anything that looks dangerous in it. There's a white mesh patch where you put the head (there for proper ventilation, which to me was a plus!), and it is nice and roomy so her face isn't smushed (that was the main reason why she didn't like the other slings - they would push against her cheeks). If her head was placed in the white mesh part, her chin didn't touch her chest at all.

So I am guessing that it is the misuse of it that is the issue. I think anything, if it is misused, can be deadly. It is kind of like the "guns don't kill people, people kill people" argument IMHO.

I do think the writer has a point though - not much focus has been put on babywearing safely. My bag sling came with instructions, but none of my other slings did. When I asked my midwife about babywearing safely, she just told me to put the baby in and try not to trip (which I did anyhow, but that's another story!)

So maybe education is the key (rather than criticism - not referring to you Eski, but the writer of the article).

Mind you, I am horrible and have a walker (like a bouncer with wheels) which is BANNED in Canada because too many kids died from falling down stairs. Thank goodness we don't have stairs, so I can safely use this BANNED item! LOL!

Thanks for starting such a discussion-provoking thread!

;)
A

I didn't know walkers where banned in Canada? And who the hell lets their kids walk around in one near stairs??? Surely thats common sense?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->