Slow cooker recipes

Potato pie
Brown 500g stewing steak in frying pan with 1 diced onion. Add to slow cooker with a couple of chopped carrots, 5-10 King Edward potatoes(depending on size of spuds) a beef stock cube, some water & a bit of black pepper. When you come home from work, leave lid off for 30 mins for excess water to evaporate.

Beef Goulash
Put 3 tbsp plain flour in a bag with 2tbsp paprika & pinch of salt & pepper. Put 500g stweing steak into bag & toss until all beef is coated. Fry 6 rashers smoked bacon with 1 onion for around 5 mins, then add the beef & fry for couple mins(dont worry if it turns into a gloopy mess at this stage, it sorts itself out) Put into slow cooker with a tin of chopped tomatoes & a tbsp mixed herbs.

love this thread i think slow cooker is a great invention!!

a real cheap and easy one is for veg soup, if you go to asda and get one of the root veg packs (they are about 80p-£1, have got carrots, parsnips, onion and turnip in there). also 2-4 med potatoes, a leek, chicken or veg stock cube and then whatever herbs you have.

either dice or grate the veg (however you prefer)
chuck it all in
cover it all with chicken or veg stock
sprinkle on some herbs you like

and cook it til you come home! i know it sounds a bit chucked together, but its lovely and makes tons so you can freeze it. you can whizz it with the blender when its done if you want, you can add more stock to make it thinner, whatever you fancy.

My mum always used to liberally butter the inside of the crockpot and put in a whole chicken a splash of stock and whatever herbs took her fancy.

It was awesome if it had been on all day...it does fall apart mind you!!

Just pull the skin off and shake the meat off the bone...yum

You can always transfer the juices to a pan to reduce to make yummy gravy.

I made a lovely greek dish in mine yesterday - Beef Stifado

I just chucked in the following:

Pack of stewing steak (around 500g I think!)
3 Onions sliced thickly (I usually make this in the oven with shallots so you could use them too - they are more authentic!)
2 Beef stock cubes
3/4 of a tube of tomato puree
1 heaped TBSP ground cinnamon
1 heaped TBSP mixed herbs
Salt and Black Pepper
Enough hot water to cover all ingredients

Cook on medium setting all day ( I put mine on at 7 am and we ate at 7pm)
Serve with boiled rice (and we had tzatiki too!)

NB You can brown the meat and onions first if you prefer but I didn't have time!

It was yummy!

Beef Stew

Amounts to suit your family/likes

Diced stewing beef
onions chopped (quite chunky)
Carrots
leeks
swede
potatoes
mushrooms
Packet mix of favourite beef stew mix
several beef oxo cubes

Remove excess fat/sinew from beef, plonk in slow cooker (I don't brown the meat beforehand)
Cut up veggies fairly chunky add to pot
make mix as per instructions on packet, add to pot
mix oxo with boiling water and add

mix thoroughly

turn on low, leave for 6 hours+ (we usually leave the house at 6am and eat at 6pm) meat just melts in the mouth.

Spaghetti and Meatballs

Minced beef (ground beef?)
onions
mushroom
garlic (crushed)
tomato puree (paste?)
Paprika
mixed herbs (dried)
tinned chopped tomatoes

dice some onions finely and mix with the minced beef, add some mixed herbs and mix.

Divide the minced beef into golf ball sized (bite sized) pieces and roll into balls.

For the sauce.

Add the tomatoes, a splodge of tomato puree, garlic,some paprika, mixed herbs, chopped onion, sliced mushrooms to the pot and mix thoroughly.

add a little salt and black pepper.

Add the meatballs (i don't brown them) and gently mix.

Cook on low for 6 hours +

When ready cook the spaghetti

Taste the meatball sauce and add any seasoning if you feel it needs it (or more herbs/puree)

Add a dash of Worcester sauce

Serve with spaghetti

I absolutely love this recipe, I actually made it tonight (I was being lazy though and just did it for 2 hours on the stove in a pot)

Slow Cooker Pepper Steak

2 pounds beef sirloin, cut into 2 inch strips
garlic powder to taste
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 cube beef bouillon
1/4 cup hot water
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1/2 cup chopped onion
2 large green bell peppers, roughly chopped
1 (14.5 ounce) can stewed tomatoes, with liquid
3 tablespoons soy sauce
1 teaspoon white sugar
1 teaspoon salt

Sprinkle strips of sirloin with garlic powder to taste. In a large skillet over medium heat, heat the vegetable oil and brown the seasoned beef strips. Transfer to a slow cooker. (I used minced garlic instead of the powder)

Mix bouillon cube with hot water until dissolved, then mix in cornstarch until dissolved. Pour into the slow cooker with meat. Stir in onion, green peppers, stewed tomatoes, soy sauce, sugar, and salt.

Cover, and cook on High for 3 to 4 hours, or on Low for 6 to 8 hours.

I got this recipe off of allrecipes, they do have more slow cooker recipes, this one is just my favorite.

I make rice with this, although I have a friend who's done mashed potatoes and she liked it that way.

ok not really a recipie but worked well
i did spag bol in mine just chucked in a jar of sause mince onion mushrooms n garlic left on low all day n just cooked pasta when i got in mince just melted was yummy

costco have a slow cooker recipe book in at the minute. OH wants it for christmas :)

I love this and so do my kids:

Sausage and onion casserole.

4-8 pork sausages
2 medium onions, finely chopped
2tbsp plain flour
300ml (1/2 pint) beef stock
2tbsp chutney ( tomato tastes fab)
1tbsp worcestshire sauce
1tbsp olive oil
Black pepper

Preheat cooker on high. Heat oil in frying pan, add sausages and quickly brown on all sides, transfer to cooker.Add onions to the frying pan and cook , stirring occasionally until soft but not brown. Stir in the flour and cook gently for 1-2 mins.
Remove from heat and gradually stir in the stock. Bring to the boil, stirring continuosly until thickened. Stir in chutney, Worcestshire sauce and pepper.
Pour gravy over the sausages in slow cooker.
Turn cooker down to low, put lid on and cook on low for 5-8 hrs.

Its really tasty, usually serve mine with mashed potato and veg x

more more all these sound fab
just one question tho i work long hours 7.30 till 5 so would it still be ok to leave on low all that time and it takes me about half an hour either side to get to and from work ???????
i have a slow cooker got it for crimbo pressie but never used it lol i have never been confident enough to use it :)
so these reciepes are great

tinkerbel thats fine ive left mine on that long

I love slow cookers!! I have two hehe, just got one for Christmas this year and already had one :D

Slow cooker tex-mex chicken

1 lb. (450 g) boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch-wide strips
2 Tbsp. (1/2 of 35-g pkg.) taco seasoning mix
2 Tbsp. flour
1 each green and red pepper, cut into 1-inch-wide strips
1 cup frozen corn
1-1/2 cups chunky salsa
1 cup KRAFT Tex Mex Shredded Cheese

TOSS chicken with seasoning and flour in slow cooker. Stir in all remaining ingredients except shredded cheese; cover with lid.
COOK on LOW 6 to 8 hours (or on HIGH 3 to 4 hours).
STIR before serving. Top with shredded cheese.

Serve over rice and top with shredded cheese

It's delicious! I love it!

Slow cooker chicken cacciatore

1/4 cup KRAFT Zesty Italian Dressing
3 lb. (1.5 kg) chicken thighs and drumsticks
2 cups sliced mushrooms (about 10 medium)
1-1/2 cups coarsely chopped onions (about 1 medium)
1/2 cup each: red and green pepper strips
1 clove garlic, minced
1 can (19 fl oz/ 540 mL) crushed tomatoes, undrained
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. dried thyme leaves
3 cups instant white rice, uncooked

HEAT dressing in large nonstick skillet on medium-high heat. Add chicken, in batches; cook 2 to 3 min. on each side or until browned on both sides.
PLACE mushrooms, onions, peppers and garlic in slow cooker; top with the chicken. Combine tomatoes, salt and thyme; pour over ingredients in slow cooker. Cover with lid. Cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours (or on HIGH for 5 hours).
COOK rice as directed on package. Serve chicken mixture over the rice.

I served over Penne pasta and it was super yummy!! I also added in some pasta sauce close to the end but it sure tasted good without as well :)

I also have done the beef stew (using the clubhouse seasonings) and the Roast beef.

With the roast beef I get a nice good cut from the butcher and...

I crack a bit of pepper over the beef and brown it in the fry pan on the sides as good as I can, then transfer to the crock pot. I mix up some onion soup mix and add it to the beef with some carrots, celery and onion and sprinkle a little of the clubhouse seasonings for pot roast over the roast and put the crock pot on low for 5-6 hours. I then strain out the juice once I have removed the roast and make a nice gravy as well :) It's so good!!

I also do the pork chops in mushroom soup once in a while and it's good with chicken too, the title basically explains itself but here we go hehe.

Put your meat of choice in the crock pot and add in your soup already mixed with water. I don't use the full amount of water but you can without problems :) and you cook on low for 6-8hours or until you get home... I have left a recipe for 10.5 hours when it said 6-8 and it turned out fine :) I have used cream of chicken soup before too and it's good :)

Hello everyone! We like this one in our house:

*2 lbs chicken breasts or pieces (i cut it into pieces), trimmed of skim and fat
*10 3/4 oz can, 98% fat free, reduced sodium, cream of mushroom soup
*10 3/4 can French Onion Soup (the can not the powder version)
*1 cup dry white wine or chicken broth

Put chicken in slow cooker. Combine soups and wine in a bowl then pour it over the chicken. Cover and cook on high one hour and then on low 4-6 hours.
Serve over rice, pasta or potatoes!

Tasty. :thumbup:

50g / 2oz pudding rice
600ml / 1 pint milk
25g / 1oz sugar

1) Lightly butter the cook pot
2) Place all ingredients in the pot and stir
3) Cook on low for 2.5 to 3.5 hours.

This is my fav recipe ever, so easy and so delicious! Its in cooking now!:happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->