Slow cooker recipes

what a great thread :) i got a sloiw cooker for xmas and am always wondering what to do with it!!!

Hey girls,

In the process of having kitchen done up and don't have a hob so the slow cooker is coming out!

Question is though, do you HAVE to brown mince/sausage/onions/mushrooms before putting them in slow cooker or does anyone know a recipe that only requires slow cooker?? I have an oven and grill still but I fancy maybe sausage casserole to do for tea tomorrow

you can put mince/sausage in raw, they just wont be brown when they come out lol, i prefer boiled sausage anyways cos its much softer and juicier, ive never done mince but i expect itll just be a lot paler, might not be as tasty but put tons of seasoning in, herbs etc and it should be fine

for only slow cooker recipe what about chicken stew, i put however many chicken thighs i will need, along with few carrots, one onion, turnip, taties, all diced and just bung it in, some herbs/spices and leave it on low all day or high for about 4hrs, itll be FIT!

Hey girls,
Question is though, do you HAVE to brown mince/sausage/onions/mushrooms before putting them in slow cooker or does anyone know a recipe that only requires slow cooker?? I have an oven and grill still but I fancy maybe sausage casserole to do for tea tomorrow

na, you dont- although i do both. sometimes what i do is brown onions/meat and already have the slow cooker on high so when i tip the meat/onions into it its ready to start cooking and then chuck everything else in.

but i also just chuck everything into it, and the flavours just develop over time, and the meat is usually so so tender. i love my slow cooker, (and i got a cheap one from tesco about two years ago).

Oh Moroccan recipes are awesome for the slow cooker, try this one: https://www.food.com/recipe/easy-crock-pot-moroccan-chicken-chickpea-and-apricot-tagine-137530

i usually eat it with plain boiled rice.

Here's a BBQ pork ribs recipe that is to die for...

6 pounds pork spareribs
1 1/2 cups white sugar
1/4 cup salt
2 1/2 tablespoons ground black pepper
3 tablespoons sweet paprika
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper, or to taste
2 tablespoons garlic powder

Clean and trim fat from ribs. In med bowl mix above ingredients. Then use this dry mix and rub your ribs cover and store in refrigerator for at least 8 hrs (I normally do it the night before) In the morning place in crock pot on low. After a few hours pour this bbq sauce over top and leave for another few hours.

1/2 chopped onion
1 cup ketchup
1/2 cup water
1 cup brown sugar
cayenne pepper to taste
salt and pepper to taste

I'm sure you could just add everything in the crock pot first thing in the morning. Oh and you pretty much just cook them until they are good and tender and pulling away from the bones. This isn't necessarily the healthiest recipe but it sure is GOOD!!!

Thank you for sharing :happydance:

hi, one of my favourite recipies can be done with either pork or chicken. you'll need however many peices of chicken thigh or breast for how ever many people there are, the pork you'll want a hoc or 2, or 3 again depending on size.

start by usuing 1/2 a tin of tomatoes per serving and add 2 teaspoons of paprika, 2 teaspoons of smokey or spicy paprika depending and chop up 1 onion and a couple of peeled raw potatoes and throw in any veg you want carrots, peppers corn, even pea's (but there better to cook and add before serving) like this it'll take about 4 hours, and add half a cup of water for every extra 2 hours. serve with rice, pasta, nocchi, or any other startch you want :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->