Slow cooker recipes

babycake69

Reaction score
Hi All

Does anyone have any slow cooker/crock pot recipes that I can put on in the morning go out to work and then come home and it is all done!

Thanks in advance!!

:hug:

Here's a BBQ pork ribs recipe that is to die for...

6 pounds pork spareribs
1 1/2 cups white sugar
1/4 cup salt
2 1/2 tablespoons ground black pepper
3 tablespoons sweet paprika
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper, or to taste
2 tablespoons garlic powder

Clean and trim fat from ribs. In med bowl mix above ingredients. Then use this dry mix and rub your ribs cover and store in refrigerator for at least 8 hrs (I normally do it the night before) In the morning place in crock pot on low. After a few hours pour this bbq sauce over top and leave for another few hours.

1/2 chopped onion
1 cup ketchup
1/2 cup water
1 cup brown sugar
cayenne pepper to taste
salt and pepper to taste

I'm sure you could just add everything in the crock pot first thing in the morning. Oh and you pretty much just cook them until they are good and tender and pulling away from the bones. This isn't necessarily the healthiest recipe but it sure is GOOD!!!

I'm going to try that one ^

oh my god went to my mums the other day and she made the best one ever it was a vegatarian one and was real creamy ill get the recipe and send it over it was so yummy hehe! i am not a veggy either but it was lush

has anyone got anymore, ive just bought a slow cooker and need some good cheapy recipes

im currently making rice pudding in it hehe :p

xxx

Club House Seasonings sells quite a few different crock pot spices... I make the beef stew regularily as OH and I like it...
It's...
2 lbs stewing beef
5 cups veggies (potatoes, celery, carrot, onion)
1 1/3 cup water
and then the mix which is about $1.50CAD.

i love the crock pot, but i generally just get recipes from different cook books at the public library.. and i can't think of anything off the top of my head..

What does a slow cooker look like?

It's also VERY simple to do a roast dinner in a slow cooker
In the morning before work, place either pork or beef roast in cooker, add coarsely chopped onion, carrots, garlic, salt, pepper, wedge cut potatoes (halved and then each half cut in four) and about 2 cups water. Put lid on and cook on low until you get home from work. Once roast is removed you can make gravy by boiling the remaining liquid and adding about 2/3 cup cornstarch mixed with water (to get lumps out), stir with whisk, if after a little while it hasn't thickened enough then add a little more! Then just good old salt and pepper to taste

oooh that last one sounds fit!! think am gna have to try that one next sunday :D

xxx

I like crockpot chili.

2 cans of kidney beans (drained)
2 cans of chopped tomatoes (drained)
1lb or so of beef stewing meat/casserole meat or mince (browned)
1 package of Schwartz Chili Mix
1 small can of sliced black olives (drained)

I just put in the crockpot on low and it's done when I get home from work about 6 p.m. You can pretty much add whatever you like to the dish. I'm American so I put cheese and a bit of sour cream on my bowl of chili. Really tasty with a slice of crusty bread.

I make an adobo shredded pork (for tortillas) that's out of this world, if you're interested. Does have a bit of prep work (as with roasts, it's good to brown them first before putting in the slow cooker) but it's sooo worth it! Has a wonderful smoky, spicy flavor, and I serve it with soft tortillas, sliced veges (peppers, onions, lettuce, etc...) and there's never any left!

Also, there's always 15 bean and ham soup, cuban black bean soup with chorizo, and countless other things to make. I'd be very glad to give you recipes for any of the above if you like. Those are all easy-peasy to make before work. I do my vege chopping the night before, put it in a ziplock in the fridge and dump it in to the cooker in the morning before leaving, along with everything else.

50g / 2oz pudding rice
600ml / 1 pint milk
25g / 1oz sugar

1) Lightly butter the cook pot
2) Place all ingredients in the pot and stir
3) Cook on low for 2.5 to 3.5 hours.

https://southernfood.about.com/library/crock/blcpidx.htm a great slow cooker /crockpot place x

omg i never thought of doing rice pudding in the slow cooker! anyone got anymore recipes, i havent used my slow cooker for a while. faith loves chicken stew when i make it in there, i put carrots, lentils, split peas, potato and pearl barley and xcant remember what else lol she also loves beef stew and dumplings done in slow cooker

Thanks for all your lovely recipes!! I need to try them all out now!!

Really simple:

I get a butterball boneless turkey breast. Throw it in the crockpot. Put some water or chicken broth over it. (about an inch on the bottom). Put some olive oil on top. Sprinkle some rosemary or garlic or both and cook it all day. SO GOOD. Sometimes I put veggies in with it, usually cook them separate. Super easy, no fuss. :D

oooo they all sound very nice. Im going to buy a slow cooker in the morning. Can anyone recommend any good websites with recipes or recipe books for the slow cooker??

Does anyone have anymore crockpot recipes? I want to try to use mine for the first time and don't know what to make.
Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->