Smear test and TTC - advice please!

blondee

Mum to Alexander!!
Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

Have just spotted that my smear test is going to be around the time of ovulation. Grrrrrr. So, is this ok? I thought if you :sex: before a smear it would lead to an unclear test meaning you just have to repeat. Can you do the deed straight after a smear test too???

Does anybody know anything about smear tests and TTC? Am scared, don't want to muck up this month's chances of ttc but also know the importance of smears... HELP!!!!

:wacko:

Hi blondee,

The same thing happened to me. I phoned NHS direct and then my GP and they both said the same...having a smear test won't stop you getting pregnant or harm the baby if you already conceived that month (the only thing is that if you have been pregnant for a while the test isn't accurate because the cells change in pregnancy - which is why it's so important to get it done now, before you get your BFP)

I was NOT willing to miss BDing at the 'right' time. I've got a CBFM. We DTD the morning of my peak, then I had my smear appointment the following morning (24 hours later) and we BD'd again that evening.

The other option is to make the appointment a couple of days after OV, although they really want you to go mid-cycle (make sure you leave 24 hours after BDing though otherwise they can't get a clear sample).

I had planned all this out carefully then the b***ers phoned to cancel, so I ended up having it 2 days later anyway.

Thanks, Anteater!

So, i can BD every day up to 24hrs before then? Ok, sounds like a plan!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->