• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

SMEP success buddies

Evening ladies :flower:

Hows everyones weekend been?

Steph -I know, that scan date came through so fast. I think I have my stupid doctor to thank as he thought I was weeks ahead than I actually am. Ah well! My midwife appointment isn't until 8th Sept! I like seeing what names bumps have, DS was Bean (original) :D

Certain - Have you got names sorted? Yay to not actually being sick, but Boo to nausea. Yes I used a doppler with DS, from quite early on actually. It was sooooo addictive though, I would just be sat there on my own thinking, I think i'll check on you - and would listen to his HB allll the time! I loved it! Some people have said they found it hard to pick up, but my tip would be just be patient - And also use it lower down than where you would think baby actually is!!

My weekend has been nice, still not told anyone (IT IS KILLING ME) but I'm going to try work on OH this week so we can tell close family and friends. I know he's just worried about telling everyone in case something goes wrong, but to be honest if (god forbid) something did go wrong, i'd tell these people anyway.

Back to work tomorrow - Not looking forward to it!

x x x x x x x

Smiley- :wohoo: and :dance: for scan. :grr: for being back at work today....

Certain- I think on the other forums, the ladies said that doppler works earliest at 10 weeks.dont be disheartened if you cant locate it so early..

Steph1505- Same , same experience. couldnt sleep from 3am to 5 am last night because I was so windy......ughhhh....(tmi sorry)...I'm so groggy today

Where is mustanggirl? i am hoping all's well with her....

Hi everyone, I got my scan date- 21 September. I wish it was 20 September already!

My midwife appointment is on 1 September. What happens at the midwife appointment - do they check for the heartbeat or do anything?

I had another friends wedding at the weekend (my dress wasn't as tight as last week but I made sure I didn't eat as much so it wouldn't be soo uncomfortable) I have another wedding in 2 weeks (hopefully my boobs wont grow too much in 2 weeks so the dress will still fit!) and then my next wedding will be 2 weeks after my due date!

Hey ladies!!

Hows the first day back at work smiley?

Kbkb - i hope ur feelin a bit less groggy! I hate being tired! My OHs been amazin and let me have loads of long lies, but i need to get up at 7am for work tomorro! That'll be a shock to the system! Haha!

QPP - yaaay on the scan date! How exciting! Im startin to feel left out! I honestly cant remember wot happens at the 1st midwife appt...i hope they listen to the heartbeat!

Glad ur dress was nice on! Ive got a wedding in november and i wanted to wear a dress ive already got but i cant see me fitting into it wen im 4months! We shall see! How r u feelin QPP? Xxxxx

Hi,

QPP - im afraid when i saw the midwife they didnt listen to the hb, they just said they would do it at 16 weeks. It was mainly just paperwork tbh. Great news on the scan!!

Steph - Im sure you will get your scan date soon - FX its not too far away. Ooo who knows if you will fit in at 4 months..if not you will just have to go shopping...poor you :haha:

Smiley - yeah, Oliver for a boy and Jenny (at the mo) for a girl :) DH really wants a boy 1st though :haha: Glad you had a good experience with a doppler, i havent got one yet, but i can borrow my friends so may do that from 10 weeks....soo exciting!

Ive found work sooo hard today, just feeling so tired :( also having to stop myself from letting go of wind all the time :blush: ....not fun!
We have been so bad now, told quite a few people, all close friends but still, should prob have waited a bit longer!

I have just noticed that my baby is (hopefully) the size of a blueberry and as I was reading everyone posts I was munching on blueberries! Feel bad eating them now! Weirdly I haven't eaten any chocolate for weeks.

Steph, I am sure you will get your appointment soon. I cant believe how organised they were as I had my appointment within a few days of seeing the doctor.

I am still feeling fine. I am a little tired but I think its due to too late nights this weekend. I had a slight freakout on Friday when i had a little speck of blood (sorry tmi) in my knickers but then nothing more. This morning i had a dark brown lump when i wiped... I spoke to the Dr and she said not to worry and i should only be concerned if it becomes a lot of blood. I did lots of dancing at the wedding and quite a lot of jumping... so wonder if its just a bit of old blood?

Has anyone experienced this...?

I am not going to panic and I cant do anything to prevent anything bad from happening so I am going to stay relaxed!

Have a good evening everyone

Hi Ladies!!!

QPP- dont worry....on the 1st trimester forums, a lot of ladies said they did experience some dark brown/black spotting which was after :sex: or just some old blood clots. As long as it isnt red blood, should not be cause for panic. It's good you kept the Doc informed though. No more jumping for you!!! :haha: FX, all will be well

Certain- :awww: you poor thing...sounds like a hard day at work

Smiley-how was your first evil Monday back....:brat:

Steph- you'd be surprised ...I'm nearly 4.5 months now. I'm fitting into everything but my pants and stuff which is tight around the bust-that kills me...It's just the BELLY that's growing.I'm looking like i should really lay off the desserts counter :haha: My face and arms and legs are actually leaner..Anyway, who needs an excuse to go shopping :dohh:

AFM, less groggy after 10 hours of sleep, but I'm panicking. How on earth am I going to deal with a baby if I sleep so much??

More POAS fun ladies.....I have got to try this today. We can all do it, because it is valid from the first month of pregnancy

https://www.babyandbump.com/pregnan...ion-even-first-month-pregnancy-join-fast.html

Hello!!

Certain - Love your names :D Sorry work has been hard -hope you have a better day today! :hugs:

Steph - Have you seen your doctor or anything yet? I had to see my doc first who is the one who sent off for the scan dates etc. My midwife appointment isn't for a while - I think the first one is a lot of form filling, last time they didn't listen for the heartbeat until a couple appointments in. Not sure if it differs in the different areas though!

QPP - Glad you aren't panicking about the blood, i've read loads of times that there's nothing to worry about if it's only a little / old. Wow I really want some blueberries now you've said about this though!!

kbkb - The answer to how you cope? - You just do!! before I had DS I slept LOADS. And I mean loads, I loved day time naps, late evening naps, morning naps - haha. I just love sleep! It is difficult, but somehow your body adjusts and it's surprising how little sleep we can actually function on! (Man, I forgot about the lack of sleep bit!)

Thanks for that link as well, totally going to do this tomorrow morning!! :D have you managed to try it yet?

AFM - Monday at work was crappy. Always is! bank holiday next weekend though - :wohoo: last night a massive wave of nausea hit, but fortunately feeling fine again today. :D

x x x x x x

Oooh girls, here's another theory.

https://www.babyandbump.com/pregnan...eresting-finding-out-gender-early-6weeks.html

So Certain, looking at your scan where baby is on the right - it would mean a boy (Oh, unless this was an abdominal scan then would be on the left.... so girl)

Ha, now i'm confused.

x x x x x

Hello!!

Certain - Love your names :D Sorry work has been hard -hope you have a better day today! :hugs:

Steph - Have you seen your doctor or anything yet? I had to see my doc first who is the one who sent off for the scan dates etc. My midwife appointment isn't for a while - I think the first one is a lot of form filling, last time they didn't listen for the heartbeat until a couple appointments in. Not sure if it differs in the different areas though!

QPP - Glad you aren't panicking about the blood, i've read loads of times that there's nothing to worry about if it's only a little / old. Wow I really want some blueberries now you've said about this though!!

kbkb - The answer to how you cope? - You just do!! before I had DS I slept LOADS. And I mean loads, I loved day time naps, late evening naps, morning naps - haha. I just love sleep! It is difficult, but somehow your body adjusts and it's surprising how little sleep we can actually function on! (Man, I forgot about the lack of sleep bit!)

Thanks for that link as well, totally going to do this tomorrow morning!! :D have you managed to try it yet?

AFM - Monday at work was crappy. Always is! bank holiday next weekend though - :wohoo: last night a massive wave of nausea hit, but fortunately feeling fine again today. :D

x x x x x x

Gonna try it in tomorrow morning and report back! what fun!:dohh: I hope u feel better smiley. Nausea sucks!!!:cry:

Ooooh! Im so gonna need to try all these wee tests! I still have a strong suspicion its a girl but i dunno!

Smiley- i havnt seen my doctor, the doctor said he didnt need to see me and to jst go straight to the midwife! But she wont see me til im 8 weeks! Im itchin to see someone!!

Kbkb - thats fab that ur still fiting into most things! I remember not having a bump with brandon til i was about 5 months but ive read that u show earlier with ur second! Altho, ive actually lost 4lbs due to sickness!

Hows every1 today?

I phoned in sick for work!! I never ever do that but I was up all last nite being sick! Really hope this passes soon! Work wony be happy with me but i would have been no use to anyone!

Xxxxxxx

Oh I bet you are itching to see someone! Even though my doc was crap, I was in and out in 5 mins, got told nothing - it was still nice to feel like I was getting the ball rolling. Midwife wont see us till we're 10 weeks here so at least you'll get the better appointment sooner!!

Ah nooo, sickness is not good. There is no point going in to work though if you can't work properly. They'll just have to get on with it!

Those of you with / who had MS - when did it kick in? I'm just wondering when you consider yourself "safe" if you've been escaping it. I know i'm nowhere near that point yet, but just curious!

x x x x

Ooo so does that mean mine is a boy by the scan? it was an internal scan -DH will be happy. Think I will try the wee one too :)

steph, sorry to hear you are so sick :( :hugs: try to rest up today!

Smiley - my nausea kicked in pretty much dead on 6 weeks but ive still not been sick so think ive got away with it (fx) although I did hear of someone getting it at 9 weeks....

kbkb, thats great you are still fitting in things, Im already getting a bit tight but im sure its mainly bloat. I have to use a rubber band to hold my jeans together at the end of the day..:haha: Cant wait for my bump! Iv only put on 1 lb though :)

I think i was about 5 weeks but its been really bad the past few days! My mum had sickness the full 9 months with me! I really hope im not like that! Eek! Can u imagine! Id say if u havent had any nausea or anythin within the next week ur prob ok! Lucky so and so!!

I totally didnt appreciate how lucky i was with Brandon!

Aw certain im the same with the bloat! At night, i look about 6months pregnant haha!! Xxxxxx

Steph- :awww: sorry to hear you have been sick all night. it's just so awful to go through it..you were really lucky with brandon, must say i am beginning to get girl vibes from your sickness though! Try to get some rest.You poor thing...

Smiley- Mine kicked in sort of 6 weeks, got really bad 8-10 weeks.

Certain- i had a lot of bloat :haha: until MS kicked in and I lost nearly 3-4 kgs...then on, I have actually been leaner than my pre pregnancy weight but the belly...

I woke up so late this morning, had to run to work...No POAS :( I'm so gutted. I just want to take a day off and go ballistic POASing.....

I'm just thrilled i'm an avocado today!!!!!!! :headspin: :dance:

Good Morning!

kbkb - YAY to your little avocado!! :happydance:

Certain - Looks like got that wrong, it's the position of the placenta, not the position of the baby. So - unless you can figure out where your placenta is in your scan??

Ok thanks girls, I think i'm expecting something to kick in around 6 weeks or so (if it's gonna) so I shall be waiting over the next few weeks. We will see!!

Hope all everyone is feeling happy today :D x x x x x x

FX you dont get it , smiley-you sound happy :happydance: what's up?

Haha - I am in a good mood this morning, but no particular reason. Maybe cuz the sun is out? I dunno!

x x x x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Morris98
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->