• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Sneaky b*st*rds at work

ktod

Reaction score
First of all, I hate posting in the quieter forums cos I feel a bit like I'm talking to myself!!!

Secondly, this is basically just a rant to get it out of my system :growlmad:

I think I am being shafted at work. I went in today just to have a general chit chat to my colleagues about returning to work. Anyway, they all seemed a bit coy and weird. Didn't think much of it until this evening Until i got a text from one of my colleagues saying my replacement wants to keep my job.(she didn't want to say this in front of him at the time I was in) it was only a text convo so I don't know the full story but the fact she has text me this makes me think there is more to this than meets the eye. I think basically my replacement is going to be keeping my job :cry:

I'm going to phone my manager tomorrow but she is thick as thieves with my replacement so I'm guessing its a done deal and I have lost that position. I'm going back after 9 months so I don't have any claim on the job. I'm just hoping I get offered something suitable but as far as I'm aware there are no jobs available so they will have to make some crap up for me. I should have guessed this would happen when my manager chose him :dohh:

First of all, I hate posting in the quieter forums cos I feel a bit like I'm talking to myself!!!

Secondly, this is basically just a rant to get it out of my system :growlmad:

I think I am being shafted at work. I went in today just to have a general chit chat to my colleagues about returning to work. Anyway, they all seemed a bit coy and weird. Didn't think much of it until this evening Until i got a text from one of my colleagues saying my replacement wants to keep my job.(she didn't want to say this in front of him at the time I was in) it was only a text convo so I don't know the full story but the fact she has text me this makes me think there is more to this than meets the eye. I think basically my replacement is going to be keeping my job :cry:

I'm going to phone my manager tomorrow but she is thick as thieves with my replacement so I'm guessing its a done deal and I have lost that position. I'm going back after 9 months so I don't have any claim on the job. I'm just hoping I get offered something suitable but as far as I'm aware there are no jobs available so they will have to make some crap up for me. I should have guessed this would happen when my manager chose him :dohh:

Your right to return to work

Your right to go back to the same job depends on when you return. If you return after:

the first 26 weeks you have a right to the same job with the same terms and conditions
the last 26 weeks your employer must offer you the same job or another role with the same terms and conditions

So they Must offer you a job of similar or equal standing - and I believe this means the same pay! So if they say, offered you crap that in the end was worthless and you left, you could claim that was constructive dismissal I guess. I would say give ACAS a call on this occasion.

If you have a house contents policy you will probably have legal cover and you could get an employment lawyer involved. As above its constructive dismissal and you have a sex discrimination case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->