Snowflake bump buddies and friends

Im sorry for your rubbish day babe, hope tomorrow is better xx

I hope it gets better for you too. Kind of took the wind out of your sails. How's your headache?

I am finding many things are just harder to deal with because I am soooo tired and emotional. My boss today said the rudest thing -or atleast I think it was... I was complaining about how my nephew was up alot last night crying and kept me up, and he said - well, we should ask your sister and nephew to come up more often... as if to say don't get pregant...UGH I hate how unfamily friendly my workplace is. They lure us into the jobs with these "great benefits packages" and then guilt us into not using them or if we do, taking them away like they tried last year, but we all fought hard to atleast grandfather in existing staff. *sigh* I dread the day I have to come clean about my news. I pray I don't get morning sickness

Girls!!! :hissy: I gained 5 lbs in the last week!! WTF!!! I just about cried when I saw the number on the scale! I hadn't been at that number in 5 years, after working my butt off and vowing NEVER to hit that number again.. :cry:

I went skiing yesterday, hit the gym today and tread water while my sister played with her son at the pool. I know that pregnancy will lead to weight gain...but not in the first week! I thought 5 lbs was the TOTAL I should gain for the trimester. I am heartbroken

Oh babe, I do not get on the scales anymore as I feel HUGE right now. I am feeling a bit sorry for myself (it will pass of course) as I have had pretty bad nausea and actual sickness today. Think I might go home and work from there as at least I will be more comfortable being sick at home :( I seriously hope this is just a bad day and diddy is not going to be mean to be for long....lol I KNOW I should be glad if it but it is horrible :(..... hope you just get a smattering of nausea girls and none of the yucky stuff xx

I had a convo with my sis about her M/S and it sounded horrible.

I hope you don't have to suffer too long Chrissie... rest up.

Snuggle. Not to scare you or anyhitng but you could just be predisposed to large wiehgt gain during pregnancy. I gained 58 lbs with Sebasten.

:dohh: Yeah I was talking to my sister and she gained 40lbs despite being sick her entire pregnancy...

Hey girls - how are you both today? I am starting to get used to the nausea, although dry retching isnt good..... I do love this little diddy but if he keeps this up for too long, we are likely to have words when he is born ..... lol :)

I had a bit of a wardrobe malfunction at the weekend due to the massive amount of bloat I am carrying at the mo! I used to be 10st 4lbs (about 18 months ago) and I went on a diet (Slimming World) and lost a stone and a half and got to a lovely 8st 8Lbs - dress size went from US 10 to US 8 - which I was quite happy with. Anyway, I started to put weight back on when I got pg last summer and didnt seem to shift it but was still US size 8 so that was ok. HOWEVER - I tried to put some jeans on to go away on Friday and couldnt do them up - and I mean, not even the zipper!! These jeans fitted me fine 2 weeks ago! After a mild panic at having nothing to wear, I remembered I kept a pair of my old jeans (size US 10) and THANK THE LORD - they fitted! Think I might have to invest in some new trousers for work and a new pair of jeans as my current wardrobe is about as much use as a chocolate teapot!! :rofl: 7 weeks in and already thinking of maternity wear as its all on my belly and nothing anywhere else (YET!)...... this could be an expensive pregnancy.....lol

Oh Chrissie the expense is worth it that is for sure. Shop on the clearence rack for regular clothing in the mean time.

Have you ladies had your blood workups yet? I think my Dr and midwife went a little overboard on the genetic testing. I got 24 viles of blood drawn from me this morning. I am about ready to fall down at wrok.

All my clothes are super tight too, and I'm two weeks behind you! I need to go up to a US12 very soon I think. I got alot of gift certificates to clothing stores for my birthday I guess I better use them.

That said I don't plan on going to the gym today after work. I will use the time to nap at home instead if my sister lets me.

I don't think my midwife will do much for testing unless I ask it. I am not going to either. I have enough to stress about!

Hope you feel a bit better soon Ophelia - think we are all in a bit of a panic that thats the norm ....lol... though I am sure they are just being super cautious....lol

snuggles, hope you manage to get some sleep soon babe xx

Im feeling a little less sick today - still permanently nauseous but at least I am keeping food down... so far that is - its about this time of day it really kicks up a gear.....

Chrissie have you had a lot of actual vomiting? Just curious because with Sebasten I did and I am sort of hoping I dont this time around. Was extremely hot this morning and too lazy to temp. I did POAS and the good news is it was positive within a minute and that is good for an IC.

I changed my clothes three times because I am soooo bloated. By the time I found somethign I was sweating so badly that I thought I might be sick I drove to the person whom I car pool with's house with no coat on and the window down. It is 30 degrees F here and it took me a good ten minutes to start feeling cold.

Now I am at my wonderful job.

I am super bloated too! but happy to say I lost 3 lbs of bloat since I hit the gym. Thank you. I think if I can stay below 170lbs until near the end of the trimester, I will be happy.

Good Luck snuggle. I am thinking of taking up the gym again too.

Ok two questions. One slightly humorous the other slightly serious.

1) Does driving at lunch make your boobs burn?!! Holy cow every lunch when I drive home, my boobs feel like they are on fire!!!!

2) Any thoughts on travel in the tropics during late first tri? We are thinking Hawaii, but friends are trying to convince us to do dominican republic (they don't know of course). I would love to join them but worry about malaria etc. I have most of my shots from my trip to Kenya, but am missing my Hep A and B boosters, which the nurse decided not to give me last week because I am pregnant. She recommended I get that post baby if I don't need to get it before - and since we had chosen Hawaii at that point, there was no need... thoughts?

1. Driving does not make my boobs burn. But they burn all day long anyway.

2. Um I personally don't think DR would be a good idea. We opened a calcenter at my company recently in the DR. It is worse than third world outside the walls of the resort. The consistantly have black outs and everyone of the poeple from my company who has stayed there for a few days or more has come back and been sick for a week or more with bowel and stomach troubles. (Not to scare you or anything)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->