So close yet so far away.

lovetocruise

Reaction score
The first of many waits is getting harder the closer I get. I just had my eggs retrieved for donation last week. Now I have to wait until after af arrives to dtd without high risk of conceiving "a litter". She should arrive within the week!

I'm so close to TTC that's its killing me, I can't think about anything not baby-related. TTC planning has consumed every spare minute of my day:wacko:

I realize this is just the first of many waits, waiting to ovulate, then the TWW, but I'm just so excited! I also realize that's its not overly likely we'll get our BFP on the first try, but I'm hoping that because of the high dose of fertility drugs in my system this month, that my chances are higher next month.

Anyone else moving over with me within the next few weeks??

Me! Hopefully....I did not reorder BC and I'm on my last pack. Once I get my period (next week) we are going to revisit the NTNP talk and decide to do that or will wait until Feb next year....I don't see the point in waiting since I think it will take a few cycles for us to get pregnant. Hoping that my SO see's my point :)

What made you do egg donation?

Me! Hopefully....I did not reorder BC and I'm on my last pack. Once I get my period (next week) we are going to revisit the NTNP talk and decide to do that or will wait until Feb next year....I don't see the point in waiting since I think it will take a few cycles for us to get pregnant. Hoping that my SO see's my point :)

What made you do egg donation?

Actually this is my second donation in about 2 1/2 years. I heard about it back in 2010 through an ad on craigslist, which made me curious. I thought about it for quite awhile, did some research, then applied through an agency outside of Chicago. They accepted me and an intended couple chose me within weeks. At the time I had a friend suffering with infertility which made me want to do something for others in her position, since I couldn't do anything for her. I should also add that there is significant monetary compensation which is also nice ;)

Since then, I have become very passionate about doing whatever I can to help women who struggle with infertility which means bringing awareness to the issue and doing an egg donation every few years. If pregnancy is easy for me, I would also consider doing a surrogacy someday.

I hope your OH is onboard and we both get our BFPs by Thanksgiving:winkwink: Okay, maybe by Valentine's Day :thumbup:

I think he will be. If I know him :) Just needs time to process it all.

I remember seeing an add for egg donation in college, wanted to apply but weighed too much! ha...they were super picky!! Understandably so though....I was pretty bummed though.

Great that you can do that for people with fertility problems!

BTW my name is Angie as well, short for Angelina :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->