So excited over gift we found, pic added

Shandelion

Reaction score
Sorry, I'm overjoyed and had to get to explode somewhere!

My 20 month old doesn't enjoy toys and has loads of books, so I had no interest in Christmas shopping. Pretty pointless when nothing I can buy will be useful. But I had $25 trade-in at the local used baby supply store, so we went there to browse for whatever.

They had a castle. A big castle with a crawl space below, a climbing wall, a slide, a telescope, a steering wheel, stairs, a great upper platform...it's incredible. Its footprint is about 6'x6', and maybe 4' tall. It was $200, so beyond my $25 trade-in!!! My husband and I put a deposit it on it and will bring it home Tuesday lol. We are gonna be so, so freaking broke! I told my husband not to get me any presents, since he hadn't yet and definitely shouldn't now.

My son is a real climber, so this will be the moon and stars to him. And it will be good for years! There were older kids playing around it at the store. We're going to keep it inside through the winter, and he'll be able to stand on the upper platform to see outside windows out of his reach. We expect it will divert his attention out of the kitchen and his obsession with the sink and stove.

I wish I had pictures, but I can't even find it online. He is going to LOVE it! And we'll be the envy of any visiting kids lol. My husband and I have been poor all our lives; he was raised in front of a tv, and I was raised in the woods. The notion that we can get something like this for our son makes me feel rich. He'll still be raised in the woods, but in his home he'll have...a castle!

Sounds great, please post a pic when you pick it up :)

That's lovely! This made me feel so happy. I would love to see a photo too :)

Oh wow that sounds fantastic! What a lucky lucky little boy :). Can't wait to see a picture!

I'm all choked up! He will love, love, love it. :)

That sounds like a perfect gift! I'm so curious to see it!

Wow, I've struggled with my 15mth old as she isn't into toys plus her sister had everything. She loves to climb too, but I couldn't find anything like what you got. Well done!

Wow, I've struggled with my 15mth old as she isn't into toys plus her sister had everything. She loves to climb too, but I couldn't find anything like what you got. Well done!

Not easy, is it?? He has tons of toys, but all he loves is playing with adults and the sink and counter.

If you guys Google Little Tikes Rock Wall Climber And Castle, that's what we found :D

https://i64.tinypic.com/sc9ixy.jpg

Here he is on it! He keeps running around yelling and then giving us big, big hugs :D One happy little boy!

I'm getting all misty-eyed! Merry Christmas!

That is so cool! I would have two very jealous boys if they saw it

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->