So girls, a question on 'ladyfur'. . .

LavaPanda

Reaction score
Goooooood afternoon ladies!
Oh my shit I am so not ready for what's to come! I thought I'd be clever and put on a childbirth video and I was fine until I realised that's going to be me! That melon sized head is going to be coming out of MY ladymoo! And I may have had a little cry hahaha! Please tell me this isn't just me!

I dunno, I just I'm so wimpy and crappy with pain! I banged my elbow the other day- thought I was dying!
And it's not just that, it's not exactly the most dignafying thing in the world, anyone else not feeling slightly embarrased about having to display yourself to the world?:blush:
I mean what's everyone doing about their, y'know, ladyfur? O'natural, bohemean, shaved, landing-strip? What?! I mean I'm not going to surprise my midwife with a heart shaped muff but it must be nicer for them if they're not battling with the amazon right?
And how do you go about it?! I tried to de fluff the muff the other day and I sliced- that's right- sliced my poor lady moo as I can't see it for the bump and was advised not to wax, but there aint no way I'm going in there looking like I'm smuggling the Jackson 5!

Any tips and tricks would be hiiiighly appreciated

<3

Just relax about labour :)

You go into that hospital and leave your dignity at the door! God knows how many people saw my bits lol, at the time though you really don't care. And at the time you won't be worrying about if you shaved or not either! I would just do it blind last time. Want a wax at 38 weeks this time though haha

I'm going to shave as a matter of personal prefeerence, I think I've been shaving it since the first little hair sprouted down there! I'll use a handmirror when i get too big to see haha

Ha ha your funny! But seriously I'm crap with pain and labour pain is really the only pain I can manage to an extent it's no walk in the park but just go with what your body is doing and you'll be fine! I've done it 4 times so can't be that bad right lol!! As for lady garden I shave anyway but try to keep on top of it due on pregnancy. And wil have it shaved for labour as it is easier to keep clean afterward. All will be fine xx

Labour pain is horrendously painful, but its also your one free ticket to scream as much as you like! :D plus,you kind of forget it afterwards :)

I liked the wax idea.. Lol wait til you're like 38 weeks and get one. And then get another later if your "Ladyfur" comes back fast!! Haha you are too funny.. But those nurses WILL NOT CARE, I can promise you that!! Good luck sweetie, and congrats. I'm 18 btw and would make a great chat buddy, just sayinnn ;)

Use a mirror to help you shave. And dont stress labour. You cant do much to change that its going to happen, and remembwr there are drugs if you.need them

the hairy muff is the least of my worries, what about shitting yourself in full display of your boyfriend? eurgh cringing at the thought of it!

But yes i imagine i'll definitely shave before i go into labour probably will have missed patches all over because i cant reach!

When you're in labour you genuinely don't care :L You just sort of go with it and just accept the fact that people are gonna see.
As for shaving, I hadn't for a couple of weeks before DD was born and I didn't even think about it whilst in labour, I had bigger things on my mind :haha:

the hairy muff is the least of my worries, what about shitting yourself in full display of your boyfriend? eurgh cringing at the thought of it!

But yes i imagine i'll definitely shave before i go into labour probably will have missed patches all over because i cant reach!

Been there. Done that. Shouted it to around 8 medical staff in the theatre too :thumbup: We just laugh about it lol no part of labour is classy :haha:

I was partly shaved I think but no that was the least of my worries, 2 days walking around a hospital with back contractions I just wanted him out safe:haha:

I haven't read all the comments, but when you're in labor your lady parts aren't just exposed the whole time! You really only need them exposed when you're getting checked and pushing. I promise you won't care when you're pushing, that's the LAST thing on your mind. Just shave every few days, a little stubble isn't that bad. Toward the end I would lean to each side and try to go around my bump. I mainly shaved by feeling though, just really took my time.

I used to be pretty consistent with taking care of "down there" but towards the end it just didn't matter, haha. If I did, I'd use a mirror but I remember when I had LO, I hadn't shaved in a while. I kind of just threw my dignity out the window. I was like, hey, another person to see my vagina. Why not. You too? Okay, sure. :haha:

Sorry for the late replies. Busy busy busy (that's if you count spending the majority of your time on the loo as busy)

You've all helped to relieve the bush anxiety. However mummytobe_93 I totally forgot about that part. Shit!- Quite litterally! Thaaaat's got to be a little bit of a turn off surely? I think I'm going to demand he stays by my head, that's if he's not already fainted and on the floor.

Well, I'm going to face the fact that it doesn't matter whether I go in there looking like I have superglued a beaver between my legs or not - the end result will be the same (Hopefully. I'm convinced she's going to come out like a Chocolate Orange with the ammount I've been eating!)

I can always appologise afterwards.
<3

you are absolutely hilarious! I have the same fear too when i get big, but not so much for the nurses, more for my OH. he's gunna be like ew im not touching that. I would try the hand mirror too. I heard the same thing about not getting waxes, as they can make you sensitive to infections, but i feel like if its like 39 or 39 weeks, so late in the pregnancy, it won't make a difference since you won't be pregnant for long after that. but if you'd rather be safe then sorry, try a hand mirror or just let it grow!!

I was full 70s bush... because of my bump I hadn't seen 'it' in 2 months and I wasn't going in blind with a razor on my delicates lol

trust me by the time your in labor you really dont care... the whole football team could be watching and as long as the baby came out you would give a rats what was on show or who saw lol

also you never know when its going to happen, I popped 3 and a half weeks early :dohh: so no time to sort anything lol

Haha trust me the midwives see women every day so they have seen it all and will never remember you after you've gone!

I went to the labour ward to visit a friend 6 months after having Oliver and asked a midwife for directions somewhere when I noticed she was the one who delivered Oliver, I told her so and she was like 'Oh did I really?! That's nice!' And my birth was anything but dignified! So yeah it's just another day to them and you're one of the many women who file through, they've seen it all before you and they'll see it all after you so don't be shy about anything!

And don't stress about all the silly things like going to the toilet while pushing etc. Most women don't even know about it so just tell your birthing partner not to tell you and you can be blissfully unaware forever about it :) xx

Honestly when your in labour you wont give a flying orangatang. I Had loads of people in and out, I ended up practically naked (only wearing a bra) and I just didn't care. I just wanted him out :haha: and im definatly not the type of person that would be comfortable sitting there half naked in any other circumstance. I gave up shaving when it became too much hard work :haha: it wasn't too bad but it definatly hasn't been like that since!

At my first contraction I was straight in the bath with a hand-mirror and razor, shaving between contractions :rofl:

Although I had about 10 doctors all staring 'down there' at the end and I could not have cared less :lol:

Someone also took off my bra for the epidural and I didn't remember to put it back on :dohh: Honestly, you really won't care about the state you end up in!

At my first contraction I was straight in the bath with a hand-mirror and razor, shaving between contractions :rofl:

Although I had about 10 doctors all staring 'down there' at the end and I could not have cared less :lol:

Someone also took off my bra for the epidural and I didn't remember to put it back on :dohh: Honestly, you really won't care about the state you end up in!

That just made me cringe, haha. Can you imagine having razor burn during labor?! As if it isn't bad enough! I think I'd rather be a little fuzzy :blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->