So gutted, so heartbroken

lovemybubba

New mummy
Reaction score
I turned 12 weeks 3 days today, we went in for our dating scan and we've lost the baby. They said the dates add up, and they reckon the baby stopped growing around 11 weeks.
I'm so devastated.
I don't know what will happen next. I've had no pain or bleeding, I'm so confused. How come the baby hasn't come out yet?
I've got to go back to the hospital on Monday to discuss my options. What are my options?

so sorry thats happened. not sure of process but didnt want to read and run

I'm so sorry hun, what you've had is called a missed miscarriage or silent miscarriage .. I had one too before and they are absolutely devastating !!!! They will probably do one more scan just to be sure and then offer you to either wait until yoir body naturally expels the baby or offer you medical management with medication to move things along or a d&c ... I'm so sorry hun big :hugs:

Thank you, I did ask the inky rasping technician to explain what she meant by options, but she sort of skirted around my question.

There is really nothing anyone can say to make this better but I'm so sorry for what you're going through. x

I'm not sure what your options are but I just wanted to send my love xxx

I am really really sorry for your loss and to find out this way is so devastating.
I had the same thing with my last pregnancy. Dec 4 I had my 12 week scan and baby had died at 10 weeks. I had no idea.
You have three options
1 ) wait to miscarry naturally
2) take misoprotal to make you miscarry - in nz you stay in hospital
3) have an erpc/ d&c which is the surgical removal of baby under genera anesthesia.

I was adamant I was going to wait it out. At 17 weeks I started bleeding and at 19 weeks I gave in and had the erpc. I was terrified of general anesthesia. However if this happens again I will go straight in for the erpc. I found it easier than I thought it was going to be and it was easier than my earlier straightforward miscarriages. I have also been told by my current midwife that once you reach 12 weeks she recommends the erpc because the risk of haemorrage (sspelling sorry) is high. Not to scare you or anything. But I do live 3 hours drive away from hospital.

The miscarriage support forum was really helpful. You can vent your woes and sadness and all the ladies understand and have been through it.

Big hugs. Look after yourself and take it easy. X x x

Thank you everyone.
And thank you spudtastic for all that information. I'm sorry you had to go through the same thing.
I think I might opt for the tablet, I'm not too sure yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->